0% 

Move Player Stats from Another Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
adma
Old 12-07-2016 , 04:02   Re: Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Ah, okay. I just understood it like moving between two completely different games.

Well, depends on how much you mean with "elaborate":

Assuming that there is no functions to maintain the data you want, and that modifying the database for what you want is really required, then you will have to go through your database "manually", and adjust every individual piece required.

Two databases aren't 100% identical, their structure depends on the project. So no one can tell you exactly what to do (e.g. step-by-step guide) without wasting a lot of hours looking through the database him/herself and getting a clue about what it's about.

Personally, I'd say it's not worth it.

However, if the data is really that important to you, then the easiest is most likely to go into the settings of the old dodgeball server, and replace the IP (and server name) of that one with the IP address of the new Saxton Hale server.

You're also talking about multiple games, but why multiple games when they are both TF2? Simply adding a server to the same game should keep the statistics the same across all your servers.
Semi-necro but I added another game in order to keep the stats seperate.

The stats aren't too crucial so I just kept it the way it is.

Thanks for you help