[L4D2] Vertigo Tools

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2016 , 01:11   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Taking a closed source plugin and decompiling it without the permission from author is wrong on so many levels. How is that any different from stealing? Like I stated in my previous reply, if a plugin is provided without source, then it should be trashed as per AM rules.

You just answered your own question. It is against the regulations because you don't know if the plugin is stolen or not, but instead of clarifying that or asking the plugin to be removed you just posted the source.

Let me present a realistic scenario for you, so you can understand why I'm so concerned about it.

Dias Pendragon was banned for not posting source of his module according to my knowledge. His reason was that he wanted to sell his plugins for cash. Do you think its not disrespectful to him, if someone just decompiled his plugin and posted the source?

Does that make sense to you guys why I'm so against of what you done? You just made a closed source plugin public without knowledge of the author or his intentions.
i don't know Dias Pendragon but all i can say is Dias Pendragon should of read the rules better, don't post somthing that you want to keep closed source simple as that, i mean i have closed source plugins so i don't post them is that so hard to do :p

I think you have had a bad day or something but take it up with peace-maker current person on lysis else stop moaning, you think if i was in the wrong my attachment would of been removed and if the plugin was stolen should of took more care or should of obfuscated their code better if any.

lysis does not spit out the sourcecode so no problem there

Commission me for L4D
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2016 , 01:18   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
Reply With Quote #12

Why did I even bother with giving you an example. Dias was banned for posting closed source stuff, and the same thing should have happened here. I don't care if Lysis has a different stance on the situation. Taking a closed source plugin and making its source public should not be allowed.
Old 08-31-2016 , 01:24   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Why did I even bother with giving you an example. Dias was banned for posting closed source stuff, and the same thing should have happened here. I don't care if Lysis has a different stance on the situation. Taking a closed source plugin and making its source public should not be allowed.
Should of never been posted is that so hard to understand else i could of never lysis on it, if it was never posted.
Dias should of read the rules closer that is all i think, i dont know Dias could of been a good coder but i dont know Dias.

Anyways have a nice day and remember if you don't want to get lysised dont post the binary

Should of used my friends SmartPawn like alot of russian plugins i see with PoweredBySmartpawn in the func proxy

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-31-2016 at 01:30.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-31-2016 , 12:16   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
Reply With Quote #14

Alright, let's cut the bickering and off-topic talk, the last few posts just got out of hand.

The OP needs re-attach the source to all released plugins.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 02-24-2019 , 00:38   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo Tools
Reply With Quote #15

I host a vertigo server from time to time because it is alot of fun and people enjoy playing on it

request/suggestion after a player leaves the server instead of leaving the bot where it is could it be auto teleported back to the starting position so when the next person joins they can be ready to go instead of starting where the last person left off?

what I have been doing is kicking the bot after a player leaves so when new players join my server creates a new bot at the starting position
n491
Old 02-27-2019 , 22:56   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo Tools
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianjeff View Post
I host a vertigo server from time to time because it is alot of fun and people enjoy playing on it

request/suggestion after a player leaves the server instead of leaving the bot where it is could it be auto teleported back to the starting position so when the next person joins they can be ready to go instead of starting where the last person left off?

what I have been doing is kicking the bot after a player leaves so when new players join my server creates a new bot at the starting position
Sometime before already was you descripted thing, when bots could auto-teleport to start position after player left a game. But it was changed to help new players complete difficult places by taking a free bot above if exists. In previous case it'll be impossible, thus it's decided to make a current variant of gameplay.

By the way, new players quite often use !reset command. Server's auto-msgs sometimes appear and player read it and use !reset, or ask from other players how to play etc.