Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Wrd
Old 02-25-2011 , 10:20   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #841

I wrote quite a text and then when hitting backspace it took me a browser page back

I don't care what you do with this plugin, but if you use the idea of some one (Silencer) you should mention his name in the comment or at least somewhere in a readme file.

My pieces of code can be used by all as long it stays opensource.

I don't do any active developing for amxx anymore and I don't have any gameserver or time to play games. I will keep an eye on this plugin because I did spend quite some time on it.

Changing the plugin name would be good because it's not sven coop only (for a long time already)
Lulu the hero
Old 02-26-2011 , 06:08   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrd View Post
I wrote quite a text and then when hitting backspace it took me a browser page back

I was thinking of renaming it to HLXPM and post it as a new plugin to approve. But I am afraid, that the mods will unapprove it, since there is already SCXPM. Care to help me creating the data saving/reloading with SQL? I've never worked with SQL in AmxModx so far( I know SQL, but never worked with sqlx.inc, and I would trust you with that, because you've already used it with success in SCXPM ). So, what say you?

By the way, I think there could be more stuffs to be edited, then just the basic bonuses, like nano armor, and stuff.

Also I was thinking of adding a stamina bar, to allow players to sprint.

There would be categories for skills, like below:
Code:
Max Increasers:
 - Max HP
 - Max Armor
 - Max Stamina
 - Damage level( +attack )

Regeneration:
 - Health( regeneration )
 - Armor( nano armor )
 - Stamina

Ammo:
 - Max Backpack ammo
 - Ammo creation( +ammo/time )

Extra abilities
 - Jump( gravity )
 - Blocking

Team:
 - Healing ( auto heal near players x Hp/time )
 - Attack power( +attack )
 - Defense power( +defense )
I would also remove the medals thing, because I think it is useless. Though I think more stuffs could be added with a multiplugin system( a bit like in superhero mod ).

Other skill would be( in my idea ): sense - this would sense enemies in range. Not like a wall hack, but some text showing on hud, when an enemy is near.( planting a bomb next to a box, and on the other side, a CT is hiding, and for the T, it would note it). Or it could be called HEARING, and only "hear" players in a range, if they move.

Last edited by Lulu the hero; 02-26-2011 at 06:12.
KORD_12.7
Old 02-26-2011 , 06:25   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #843

Lulu the hero, can you add Half-Life support? ;)

Code:

else if(equali(modname, "valve"))
{
     mod = MOD_VALVE;
}

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Russian Half-Life and Adrenaline Gamer community
Send a message via ICQ to KORD_12.7
Lulu the hero
Old 02-26-2011 , 07:39   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #844

Certainly. I think I will add support for OF too. Add your mods, where you would like to play it.
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 0);">
PHP Code:
enum MOD
{

MOD_UNIMPLEMENTED,

MOD_SVENCOOP,

MOD_CSTRIKE,

MOD_CZERO,

MOD_NS,

MOD_VALVE,

MOD_GEARBOX,

MOD_TFC,

MOD_DOD,

MOD_SI
};

stock get_modtype()
{

mod MOD_UNIMPLEMENTED;

new 
modname[20];

get_modname(modnamecharsmax(modname));

if(
equali(modname"svencoop"))
    {

mod MOD_SVENCOOP;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"cstrike"))
    {

mod MOD_CSTRIKE;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"czero"))
    {

mod MOD_CZERO;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"ns"))
    {

mod MOD_NS;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"valve"))
    {

mod MOD_VALVE;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"gearbox"))
    {

mod MOD_GEARBOX;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"tfc"))
    {

mod MOD_TFC;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"dod"))
    {

mod MOD_DOD;
    }
    else if(
equali(modname"si"))
    {

mod MOD_SI;
    }

Last edited by Lulu the hero; 02-26-2011 at 07:49.
Lulu the hero
Old 03-01-2011 , 12:36   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #845

Allright, worked the basics out, got the outline of it. This version is STILL UNFINISHED, DON'T USE IT FOR MORE THEN TESTING!

I have implemented sprinting into the game with a bar of stamina. I've installed the multilanguage system, multiplugin system, already started creating forwards and natives, hooked some mod specific stuff( for example team joining ).

BUT! There are some troubles:
in NS - there is no celltrie
in SvenCoop - there is no pev_maxspeed

I've still could not check the other mods, though it works fine in cstrike and propably in czero too. It will be damn hard to make it mod undependent, but I am not giving up.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (hlxpm.sma - 643 views - 13.6 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (hlxpm_trait_gravity.sma - 603 views - 1.2 KB)
File Type: inc hlxpm.inc (1.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: zip hlxpm.zip (1.2 KB, 177 views)
makiza
BANNED
Old 03-01-2011 , 14:51   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #846

Nice.

in the future can you make that the xp will be dealt per damage than kills? (can be used with some monster mod based, ZP for example).
i think that a good name of this upcoming plugin will be "universal experience mod(uxp)"

testing...

Last edited by makiza; 03-01-2011 at 14:53.
Wrd
Old 03-02-2011 , 11:35   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #847

xp per damage can be better in certain cases. The impact of frag stealing would be less.
But the damage needs to be calculated up to the death of the target. It wouldn't be fair If someone keep doing damage with a awp headshot and does 400 damage while the target only has 100hp. Also the xp calculation needs to be changed or getting xp would be way too easy.

I don't mind helping out with the whole SQL. Keep in mind that I don't have alot of time. I work fulltime, I am married etc.

Keep up the good work Lulu!
Lulu the hero
Old 03-04-2011 , 10:36   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #848

The whole XP getting stuff needs to be questioned. The xp/kill is absolutely bad, because of frag stealing and unbalanced XP giving( you kill a headcrab with 35 hp, you recieve 1 xp, but you also only recieve 1 xp, if you kill a garg with 1500 hp ). My version is better - imao - because it needs us not to handle every xp giving event one by one, if the mod gives you a frag, then you recieve an xp. This way xp can be earned from sources other then just killing( bomb defuse, reaching an objective, etc ).

I need you people to note the fact, that different mods give different amount of frags. For example try this out: Play with cs for half an hour, then play another half hour in sven coop. And at the ends of the half hours, check your score.
In cs on de_dust with 5 vs 5 players, you might have 50-100 points.
In svencoop playing maps like yabma all the time, you might recieve 300-400 points, or more.

So this proves, that we need to collect all the events from mods, that would give xp and implement them into the plugin.

Or another way would be similar to the game of Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind. You don't really recieve general XP, but XP for every used technique in the game. You start with a jumping skill of 25, and then if you jump a lot, your skill in jumping will increase. Or in gta - san-andreas. If you use the UZI a lot, then at master skill you will be a pro in using UZIs, plus you will be able to use 2 UZIs in the same time( akimbo uzi ). So we could get some ideas from these games.
makiza
BANNED
Old 03-04-2011 , 11:40   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #849

giving xp per frags seems a bad idea since you don't know how strongest is the enemy, you will earn the same xp. i think that xp per damage is a must. and for solve the overpowering damage (awp headshots) you can add a condition that for example, you found a 250xp headcrab and you throw a bananabomb (svencoop feature, deals about 500 dmg) and kiil it, it will give you those 250xp and not 500 no matter how powerful is your attack.

i dunno if i explain it right.
Lulu the hero
Old 03-04-2011 , 11:53   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #850

Ok, but this way players will not recieve xp for bomb explosion, hostage resque, or other common scenario events, so frag filtering is the answer. I think these events should be rewarded too, not just the damage.