Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2008 , 21:05   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #21

Plugin wont load up on SM 1.1.0.2419 windows server.

Error: [SM] Unable to load plugin "afk_manager.smx": Native "VerifyCoreVersion" was not found.

Also have bunch of compile errors.

//// afk_manager.sp
// \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\sdktools_ stocks.inc(57) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "for"
// afk_manager.sp(7 : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"
// afk_manager.sp(102) : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"
// afk_manager.sp(317) : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"

ALSO..........I notice you clearly got this idea or copied alot of the code from Liam.... If you notice his directions for the cvars are to go into cfg\sourcemod\afk_manager.cfg. You have the exact same config and cvars used on yours lol... You shouldnt be using the same config file if thats even where the cvars are supposed to go. You should also change the cvars so they are different from his. I suppose in this case it doesnt matter since nobody would be loading 2 afk managers at the same time but....

Furthermore, both of you should have the custom config auto-created with default cvars in the first place, instead of forcing admins to go make the config file and copy/paste the cvars in.

If youre going to do it that way, its a bit nicer for people if you at least list the cvars in the same format as the config files so at least we can just copy/paste them in.

Last edited by retsam; 11-14-2008 at 21:35.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 00:35   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Plugin wont load up on SM 1.1.0.2419 windows server.

Error: [SM] Unable to load plugin "afk_manager.smx": Native "VerifyCoreVersion" was not found.

Also have bunch of compile errors.

//// afk_manager.sp
// \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\sdktools_ stocks.inc(57) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "for"
// afk_manager.sp(7 : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"
// afk_manager.sp(102) : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"
// afk_manager.sp(317) : error 017: undefined symbol "MaxClients"

ALSO..........I notice you clearly got this idea or copied alot of the code from Liam.... If you notice his directions for the cvars are to go into cfg\sourcemod\afk_manager.cfg. You have the exact same config and cvars used on yours lol... You shouldnt be using the same config file if thats even where the cvars are supposed to go. You should also change the cvars so they are different from his. I suppose in this case it doesnt matter since nobody would be loading 2 afk managers at the same time but....

Furthermore, both of you should have the custom config auto-created with default cvars in the first place, instead of forcing admins to go make the config file and copy/paste the cvars in.

If youre going to do it that way, its a bit nicer for people if you at least list the cvars in the same format as the config files so at least we can just copy/paste them in.
Please read the first port "Requirements" section you need SourceMod v1.1.0-2383+

You have 2419? the latest I see is 2401? Can you give me an output of "sm version"

Both of those errors you posted indicate you probably don't have the correct version as the Requirements section shows which version both of those were fixed in?

Yes, It was already stated that this plugin was Liam's original code with modifications as stated in the initial port? Feel free to read through it to see what has been changed. Therefore I see no need to change the config file at this point because yes as you said you would not run multiple AFK Managers and at current all the cvars are the same. There is no need "at this point" to change the cvars. I have changed the version cvar so they can be identified differently.

I am fairly sure I did not touch the cvar generation parts and if the file does not exist and you load the plugin successful either on load or on map change the file should be automatically generated?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
nbtc971
Old 11-15-2008 , 02:30   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #23

*edit*

Never mind, that was too negative so I'm removing it. I'll just say, sounds like a nice plugin, but i'm not moving off a STABLE release of sourcemod to install it. Thanks for your work however and I look forward to trying it out when 1.1 is final.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-15-2008 at 02:33.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 02:56   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
*edit*

Never mind, that was too negative so I'm removing it. I'll just say, sounds like a nice plugin, but i'm not moving off a STABLE release of sourcemod to install it. Thanks for your work however and I look forward to trying it out when 1.1 is final.

Me either. If it doesnt work in my SM version of 1.1.0.2419 which is proven stable, im not changing. Thanks for the efforts and improvements. I love getting and using improved plugins, but this doesnt work so I went with Liams.

I will say, just fyi if it doesnt work with 1.1.0.2419 which many admins use, I highly doubt this will work with many other versions.

Last edited by retsam; 11-15-2008 at 03:00.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 06:24   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Me either. If it doesnt work in my SM version of 1.1.0.2419 which is proven stable, im not changing. Thanks for the efforts and improvements. I love getting and using improved plugins, but this doesnt work so I went with Liams.

I will say, just fyi if it doesnt work with 1.1.0.2419 which many admins use, I highly doubt this will work with many other versions.
As stated I don't know where you are finding this "2419" build? The latets I see on the snapshot page is 2401? Can you please post a result from typing "sm version" in console?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 06:46   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
*edit*

I am fairly certain 1.1 is never "stable" they use 1.1 as the development branch and once they get to a certain feature set they are happy with they create a new 1.0 branch version and name that as "stable"? At least that is my understanding of the new system of SourceMod releases?

If no-one uses 1.1 with the new bug fixes and feature updates then how will it ever progress? There are probably a number of changes that have even added additional support or fixed things for TF2 for example. I don't know which 1.1 "stable" release you are talking about because if you look on the SourceMod release page 1.1 does not exist. Then on the "snapshot" page latest I see is 2401?
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 12:54   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #27

Rothgar, that is hg2401. The SVN builds went up higher (2419 and up) before they switched to mercurial which added the "hg" before the build numbers.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 13:18   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #28

Yeah what he said. When you speak about SM builds you really need the to include the full name. 2401 is hg2401, thats way different from 1.1.0.2419.

You didnt note that in your post..... I guess that explains why it doesnt work at all or compile. You used code supported in only the mercurial snapshot versions.

So basically the first page should say it requires 1.1.0.hg2383 NOT 1.1.0.2383.
nbtc971
Old 11-15-2008 , 16:03   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #29

When I say I'm waiting until 1.1 is final, I mean when you can download it as a finished, stable build that you can download from the stable releases download page. Currently the last stable release is 1.0.4. Of course if 1.1 never is released as a final build I'll just load the plugin on the next available stable release that this plugin will work with. Whether that's 1.0.5 or whatever, it's all good.

While I'm at it, assuming I ever load this plugin, which sounds nice, will it work for HL2DM? Thank you.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-15-2008 at 16:05.
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2008 , 17:00   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #30

1.1.0 is the next release and it is close to release according to Bail.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)