Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

GeoIP2 in HLXCE

Post New Thread Reply   

heavyisgps
Old 08-26-2019 , 06:43   Re: GeoIP2 in HLXCE
Reply With Quote #31

I'm having the same issue as described in this thread, however the steps to fix it has not solved it for me.

Despite reinstalling the perl packages in the order described on the page we're still getting the

ERROR: GeoIP method set to binary file lookup but GeoIP2:atabase::Reader module NOT FOUND

This may be some permission related issue, but it's strange that the daemon works fine, just not this part.

Any idea on where to start to look?

This is on Linux, when I tried this on Windows it worked first try.

EDIT:

Solved, the Perl re-install of the packages had to be made on the proper user. The fix listed earlier in this thread works, just make sure it's on the correct user

Last edited by heavyisgps; 08-26-2019 at 06:58.
NomisCZ
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-26-2019 , 08:05   Re: GeoIP2 in HLXCE
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyisgps View Post
I'm having the same issue as described in this thread, however the steps to fix it has not solved it for me.

Despite reinstalling the perl packages in the order described on the page we're still getting the

ERROR: GeoIP method set to binary file lookup but GeoIP2:atabase::Reader module NOT FOUND

This may be some permission related issue, but it's strange that the daemon works fine, just not this part.

Any idea on where to start to look?

This is on Linux, when I tried this on Windows it worked first try.

EDIT:

Solved, the Perl re-install of the packages had to be made on the proper user. The fix listed earlier in this thread works, just make sure it's on the correct user
Ok, you can also check "installation guide" - https://github.com/NomisCZ/hlstatsx-...llation#-linux