L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

ivailosp
Old 06-09-2009 , 12:28   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini101 View Post
hi,

i'm new i've been trying to figure out how to make an extended player server for ages. I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it to my C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/add-ons folder is this the right folder? also can you make an extended player server using the left 4 dead dedicated server via my tools on steam?

also are you able to make a local lan server with extended players? im new to this website, please help

Thanks,
hint: learn how to install metamod
ColdnessCalms
Old 06-09-2009 , 18:59   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
hi,

i'm new i've been trying to figure out how to make an extended player server for ages. I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it to my C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/add-ons folder is this the right folder? also can you make an extended player server using the left 4 dead dedicated server via my tools on steam?

also are you able to make a local lan server with extended players? im new to this website, please help

Thanks,
use the addons (not add-ons) folder in your l4d game folder in order to use the l4d dedicated tool. Install metamod and sourcemod first (SUCCESSFULLY), and then come back

But yeah, I got this working with superversus, but some problems. First, extra players in co-op can only join by IP or server browser. Also, this needs some kind of possible bot control so you dont have 4 extra bots running around. Lastly, when a campaign is over and credits are over, everyone is kicked to main menu!

Help is appreciated

Last edited by ColdnessCalms; 06-09-2009 at 21:00.
ivailosp
Old 06-10-2009 , 01:14   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdnessCalms View Post
Lastly, when a campaign is over and credits are over, everyone is kicked to main menu!

Help is appreciated
use this "L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
ColdnessCalms
Old 06-10-2009 , 01:33   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
use this "L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
Oh, thankyou
FANTASTIC plugin by the way! I am having all sorts of fun with this and it is so easy to use
Martini101
Old 06-10-2009 , 04:21   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #25

I downloaded metamod source a zip file is this the correct file, i'm not so sure where to get sourcemod though in the zip file there was a folder called addons is this the file I need to extract to my left4dead folder?

I've extracted the metamod file into common/left 4 dead/left4dead so now in that file I have a folder called addons. I followed these instructions http://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.php...Metamod:Source I also generated the .vdf file and placed it in the new addons folder. According to the above source i have finished installing metamod source. I found this site is it of any help? http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod

Thanks, i really want to make my own 16 player server

P.S: when it refers to creating my server can I just use the left 4 dead dedicated server on steam?

Edit: Ok It turns out ive successfully installed sourcemods and metamod, typing meta list in my dedicated server console allowed me to see the list of plugins i had running and sourcemods was one of them. Also ingame using the command sm_admin gave me administration tools. So what now?

Last edited by Martini101; 06-10-2009 at 06:09.
Martini101
Old 06-10-2009 , 07:09   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #26

k i'm sorry but I need some help. I've hosted a dedicated server and entered the command sv_maxplayers 12 in the console, on i'm able to join the server and it says it has 12 player slots but when some one over 4 people try to join (this is coop by the way) it says theres a 4 player human limit and does not let them in. Have I done something wrong?

Please Help, it would be really appreciated.
ivailosp
Old 06-10-2009 , 08:02   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #27

set sv_removehumanlimit to 1
-Sky
Old 06-10-2009 , 09:31   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #28

hmm, no linux version?

ivailosp
Old 06-10-2009 , 10:30   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sky View Post
hmm, no linux version?
yeah
ColdnessCalms
Old 06-10-2009 , 23:05   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
k i'm sorry but I need some help. I've hosted a dedicated server and entered the command sv_maxplayers 12 in the console, on i'm able to join the server and it says it has 12 player slots but when some one over 4 people try to join (this is coop by the way) it says theres a 4 player human limit and does not let them in. Have I done something wrong?

Please Help, it would be really appreciated.
Make sure you also get super versus and versus bots