Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-12-2012 , 22:02   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
Simple question, if I add this mod, do I have to manually add additional spawns to Dust2/office?
I plan to run 32 slots instead of 30.
Probably.
mannnq
Old 12-29-2012 , 17:09   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #12

Just asking, this still working? And how to add more spawn points? Since my server is already 32 but only 30 can play, 2 slots are only for specs, they actually cant join on a team.

Regards
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-29-2012 , 17:15   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannnq View Post
Just asking, this still working?
Yes, as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannnq View Post
And how to add more spawn points?
Create more of the spawnpoint entities with Stripper or another plugin. Supposedly Spawn Tools 7 works fine and is easy, but I don't run any game servers to know.
mannnq
Old 12-30-2012 , 04:15   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #14

@psychonic

Thanks for the help, i got some issues, so there we go, hope this help someone else.

Spawn Tools 7 For CS:GO Direct Link - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=143

If you are getting issue while saving your spawn points change permisions of 'spawntools7' on 'csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/' to 755 - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=112

Regards.
hlstriker
Green Gaben
Old 01-03-2013 , 03:31   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #15

It seems whenever there are more than 40 players in my server it will sometimes drop some players at random times until there are exactly 40. This has never happened to me but the players it does happen to tell me when it happens it closes their game and gives them this message:

Quote:
Failed to start game (app already running)
Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know why it's happening?
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 01-04-2013 , 00:11   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker View Post
It seems whenever there are more than 40 players in my server it will sometimes drop some players at random times until there are exactly 40. This has never happened to me but the players it does happen to tell me when it happens it closes their game and gives them this message:

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know why it's happening?
this is just csgo being a p of s, it does that everytime everywhere, even valve official competitive servers do that
Green Gaben
Old 01-06-2013 , 00:55   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #17

It's weird it seems to do it more just because of more players. Anything past 40 just seems to drop players every minute or so.

Last edited by hlstriker; 01-06-2013 at 00:55.
Ombra
Old 01-28-2013 , 21:16   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #18

psychonic, not working anymore after 01/25/13 update. Any idea?
Austin
Old 01-29-2013 , 00:33   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #19

Wow, thanks for this!
I been looking for a solution for my bot server since Sept.

This gets me closer to what I want but not quite.
CSGO has a new weird problem.
See this thread.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...21#post1792521

Regardless of the mp_limitteams and mp_autoteambalance settings,
The max per team for CSGO is now this bad thing:
max per team = maxplayers /2

This is bad for bot servers where we try to set up a bot team with
28 players v/s 4 humans.

Any chance we can get a fix for CSGO mp_limitteams?
CSGO honors mp_limitteams, but only up to half of maxplayers.
Once a team has maxplayers/2 csgo will not let more on the team regardless of how many spawn points the maps has.
(Testing with 40 spawn point per team).

Last edited by Austin; 01-29-2013 at 00:38.
Ombra
Old 01-31-2013 , 13:34   Re: CS:GO Max - Renables -maxplayers on command line, up to 64
Reply With Quote #20

Hey Austin. I managed to get 20v20 server. In theory you can have 32v32 (total of 64) even though i think 2 are reserverd. It is easier than i thought. CS:GO Max is not needed at all, the only problem is that the maps only have 15 spawn points per side. What i did was:

1. NO maxplayers switch inside the shortcut
2. Configured "maxplayers" "64" inside the gamemodes_server.txt
3. Installed SpawnTools7 protobuf found @ http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=143
4. Launched the server with no bots and via the admin menu -> server commands -> spawntools7 went into edit mode and added as many spawn points as required to each map (in my case 5 more per map just to have that old CS:S feel but you can add, in theory up to 32 per side)
5. saved changes and restarted the server.

There are 2 problems i ran into that you might wanna consider. First you can't see the buyzone when you add the spawn points so if you by mistake add a spawnpoint out of it the player that spawned there won't be able to buy until the round starts. In theory this is fixable using another plugin called Buy Zone Simulator that creates a virtual buy zone starting from the spawn point but i haven't tested this yet. The other problem is the fact that mp_autoteambalance sometimes doens't work meaning that i've played 4v20 and by owning the bots sometimes they get switched to the human team (thus trying to balance). Make sure you add mp_limiteams 0 and mp_autoteambalance 0 to the gamemode_competitive_server.cfg or any other mode you wish to have this applied. Can't tell you if this is working properly either.

There is a design issue as well. Since the game was designed for 30 players, depending on your server power and connection speed you might have problems. When i'm playing 20v20 sometimes i see some slowdowns which are not good while playing. You might wanna take that into consideration.

EDIT: After writing i noticed you had already figured out the spawnpoints part Just add more!!

EDIT: Just tested Buy Zone Simulator and looks like it is working. Just add the latest beta of SDHooks (http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon.../sdkhooks/2.2/) and then add to your server.cfg the following "sm_bzsimulator 2" (2 stands for add buyzone simulator to all maps)

Last edited by Ombra; 01-31-2013 at 14:06.