Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:19   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
I love everyone that says valve is greedy and all they care about is money... as they sell vip, access to weapon skins and play ads every 30 seconds unless you donate (someone actually admitted this to me) Lmao. The csgo server community is a fucking joke and only care about money themselves. So every single person that says valve only cares about money look at yourself first. I ran servers for 1.6 and source for years and our goal was never money. I’m glad they broke motd and hope they don’t fix it too I only feel bad for the people that use it for actual good.

In the last few months I’ve been extremely tempted to leave sm broken for csgo for a few days just to see the panic, cause boy do people panic. I actually left it broken for about 12 hours or so one day, I woke up to over 1000 posts in a thread people asking why it’s not fixed and complaining, some good stuff. In the past everyone was all about helping each other now it’s how can I make more money then the other and fuck everyone else (not everyone is like this but a fair few).
Running servers cost money, no vip no server

Valve has infinite money, they could literally fix a poor country's problems with their current amount of money. I have 7$ in PayPal as we speak.

Also trying to make as much as 30$ from scripting which is a work is not bad if my client doesn't have to suffer after paying it but F*CKING UP COMMUNITY SERVERS WITH THESE TOKENS WHICH IS THE PRIME OF CS 1.6, CSGO AND CSS ( PROBABLY IDK IF CSS HAS COMMUNITY SERVERS ) IS THE BIGGEST INSULT TO CSGO, NOT TO MENTION THE CASUAL SERVERS THAT HIDE THE GLORY OF COMMUNITY SERVERS!!!

And why would they make 5M+ players suffer? M.O.N.E.Y!!! They can sell skins if they want but banning a player from hosting community servers is a rooster move.

And it's easy to bypass !ws block almost consequence free. If a server wants non-steam he has to deal with cheaters, something the legit guys don't deal with, but if a server has !ws he's immune to the biggest gamebreakers, the cheaters. But he has to pay for tokens and gain no gamebreaking cheaters.

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 07-11-2018 at 08:25.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:23   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post

Valve has infinite money, they could literally fix a poor country's problems with their current amount of money. I have 7$ in PayPal as we speak.

Also trying to make as much as 30$ from scripting which is a work is not bad if my client doesn't have to suffer after paying it but F*CKING UP COMMUNITY SERVERS WITH THESE TOKENS WHICH IS THE PRIME OF CS 1.6, CSGO AND CSS ( PROBABLY IDK IF CSS HAS COMMUNITY SERVERS ) IS THE BIGGEST INSULT TO CSGO, NOT TO MENTION THE CASUAL SERVERS THAT HIDE THE GLORY OF COMMUNITY SERVERS!!!

And why would they make 5M+ players suffer? M.O.N.E.Y!!! They can sell skins if they want but banning a player from hosting community servers is a rooster move.
Running a server is a choice
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:26   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Running a server is a choice
Then let's remove community servers and turn CSGO into Payday.

Also my server suffers 0 players due to the fact I have no WS. My current attempt is to write on my server that it has WS just to give players a brief look before realizing it doesn't have ws.

Last edited by eyal282; 07-11-2018 at 08:29.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:35   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:

Also my server suffers 0 players due to the fact I have no WS. My current attempt is to write on my server that it has WS just to give players a brief look before realizing it doesn't have ws.
Yes man, let's remove all community servers because i choose to run a server that i can't affort to pay for!
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:42   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Yes man, let's remove all community servers because i choose to run a server that i can't affort to pay for!
There are services that get me a free server for ads but tokens aren't provided, and these are what I use VIP for. And gaming is supposed to be a 1 time pay for play, skins aren't for play and you can play without them so I should be able to run a server for free if I offer VIP / ads.

Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:44   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:

And it's easy to bypass !ws block almost consequence free. If a server wants non-steam he has to deal with cheaters, something the legit guys don't deal with, but if a server has !ws he's immune to the biggest gamebreakers, the cheaters. But he has to pay for tokens and gain no gamebreaking cheaters.
I already said i ran servers, never made money off of it either. If people wanted they donated else they played like everyone else I didnt have to have ad's or vip.

Again, Valve added tokens before the skins thing was a thing. But yup, keep thinking they created it for that. They make no money off of community servers they make no money off their own servers so not sure how they are making players suffer but, cool story. But how DARE they protect their player base and their intellectual property. Weapon skins plugins devalue players skins for those that bought them. If i have a fancy skin and i join a community server and see everyone with the same skin i paid for... suddenly i dont feel happy about that. But yup, they only care about money and hate their player base. Unhappy playerbase = less money so these arguments are fucking absurd.

I also know its easy to bypass the block, I've known about it way before others figured it out and started selling plugins for it.

EDIT:
Also, I know I'll get called out for "protecting valve"
But I'll say this, not protecting them.

The way they went about this was fucking terrible.
I wish they'd actually fix it like it is in TF2 (but even then I'm sure someone would find a way around it).
The removing of symbols hurt the community way more which i hate the most to this day (especially do to things that happened behind the scenes).

But I wont let server owners play saint when they do scummy shit and then blame valve.

Last edited by Dr!fter; 07-11-2018 at 08:55.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 08:45   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
There are services that get me a free server for ads but tokens aren't provided, and these are what I use VIP for. And gaming is supposed to be a 1 time pay for play, skins aren't for play and you can play without them so I should be able to run a server for free if I offer VIP / ads.
Just stop running a server and you won't have to pay for anything, it's really simple dude.
Old 07-11-2018 , 09:12   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #88

I think we will see a big decrease in servers running these plugins unless VALVE re-introduce some sort of MOTD in panorama.

AD plugins along side with weapon skins plugin seems to be the norm as of now.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-11-2018 , 09:25   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proz View Post
I think we will see a big decrease in servers running these plugins unless VALVE re-introduce some sort of MOTD in panorama.

AD plugins along side with weapon skins plugin seems to be the norm as of now.
wait why would not having a MOTD prevent server operators from wanting to run weapon skin plugins?
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2018 , 09:45   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:

Same here man. It fucking sucks.

(Side note: did any of you catch the user last page who said CS:S invented the concept of gungame?)