Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server

Post New Thread Reply   

lowheartrate
Old 04-29-2015 , 21:26   [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #1

I need a plugin that will only allow 5 players on each team on my CS:GO Server and will allow 2 players to spectate until a slot opens. I have seen this done on the Invention servers on their community 5v5's but can not figure it out myself. I have tried multiple ways to try and do it with the basic cvar's that I have been told but really have not been able to get it done. If anyone knows of a way to complete this task it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Codi / lowheartrate

Last edited by lowheartrate; 04-29-2015 at 21:30.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2015 , 00:19   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #2

Tis pretty simple...just hook team change and in the function check team counts....block if the team theyre attempting to join isnt 4 players or less. $5 plugin if any price at all.
Old 04-30-2015 , 00:50   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Tis pretty simple...just hook team change and in the function check team counts....block if the team theyre attempting to join isnt 4 players or less. $5 plugin if any price at all.
Alright I am not sure how to create this but if someone will do it for me I can purchase it for $5, no problem.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2015 , 01:20   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowheartrate View Post
Alright I am not sure how to create this but if someone will do it for me I can purchase it for $5, no problem.
Made and sent to you via PM. If you wanna pay $5, there is a donate link in my sig....if not, then oh well.
Old 04-30-2015 , 01:34   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #5

lol...minutes after i sent this to you, i see you added it to pastebin -.-
Old 04-30-2015 , 18:30   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
lol...minutes after i sent this to you, i see you added it to pastebin -.-
I added it to pastebin to show another person that gave me code to take a look at it to make sure that it was what I wanted and just wanted him to clerify that it would do what I had intended it to. I have put it in my cfg/addons/sm directory and it still allows up to 6 players per team on my server. Possibly you can add lowheartrate on Skype and we can figure this out together? My Skype name is lowheartrate
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2015 , 18:42   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowheartrate View Post
I added it to pastebin to show another person that gave me code to take a look at it to make sure that it was what I wanted and just wanted him to clerify that it would do what I had intended it to. I have put it in my cfg/addons/sm directory and it still allows up to 6 players per team on my server. Possibly you can add lowheartrate on Skype and we can figure this out together? My Skype name is lowheartrate
Hmmm...i dont have skype. The only reason it would not work is if you have another plugin also hooking team changes and making it go through. Can you post a full list of your server plugins?
Old 04-30-2015 , 20:25   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Hmmm...i dont have skype. The only reason it would not work is if you have another plugin also hooking team changes and making it go through. Can you post a full list of your server plugins?
No I don't have any other plugins that would interfere with the one you made but here is a full list of the plugins that are installed on my server.

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2015 , 01:43   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #9

Your culprit is either the knifeupgrade plugin or pug. Both hook team joins, play with them, then use CS_SwitchTeam(). So, one of those two is breaking it. Take them off one at a time (perhaps even both) to test. Then you know which it is, and can look into modding it.

EDIT: The knife one looks fine....pretty sure it is pug doing it in trying to handle controlling teams and not being able to join the other.

Spoiler

That section of code (and the similar one for T), is where you need to edit. Add a check for team limits there, else it will override any other plugin blocking it.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-01-2015 at 01:47.
lowheartrate
Old 05-01-2015 , 04:35   Re: [Request] Allow only 5 per team / CSGO Server
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Your culprit is either the knifeupgrade plugin or pug. Both hook team joins, play with them, then use CS_SwitchTeam(). So, one of those two is breaking it. Take them off one at a time (perhaps even both) to test. Then you know which it is, and can look into modding it.

EDIT: The knife one looks fine....pretty sure it is pug doing it in trying to handle controlling teams and not being able to join the other.

Spoiler

That section of code (and the similar one for T), is where you need to edit. Add a check for team limits there, else it will override any other plugin blocking it.
I have gone through it with a fellow plugin developer (JJ) and we have settled a plugin that he created and we have worked through to get it functioning on my server. Thank you to all who has helped!