Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)

Post New Thread Reply   

wEight
BANNED
Old 04-04-2015 , 12:19   Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #1

So i've putt all needed server's resources in my Google Drive folder and made it public, then i put the URL in my dedicated server. When i load the server it downloads surprisingly fast... BUT!
After it downloaded the wanted files from Google Drive, it starts downloading the same files... from the dedicated server itself AKA slower and again! .. All the files in the plugins need to be in the Dedicated Server directory right? So i tried sv_allowdownload 0 (Which i had no idea what I was doing lol) and when i restart the Dedicated Server, i enter it and it starts downloading the wanted files (Just passing by them really fast)... I have no idea if It's Verifying or Downloading.. when i need to connect to the server after it "Verified or Downloaded" the files... it disconnects me and tells me that there are no wanted files downloaded.. I checked my gamedir and it told me the truth....

Before i set sv_allowdownload at 0, the files "Verified or Downloaded" really fast (I didn't even see the yellow bars passing by, why are the files downloaded again but slower?
If you didn't understand me, please ask directly what haven't you understand me...
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2015 , 12:51   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #2

It sounds like it never downloaded them from your fast download to begin with.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-04-2015 at 12:51.
wEight
BANNED
Old 04-04-2015 , 16:33   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #3

I don't know...why did the resources show while connecting to the server when i set allowdownload to 0?
Let's try and ask this: How can i allow the resources only to be downloaded from GDrive and not from the dedicated server? I mean the server precaches them to the player right? And instead downloading from the server, they have to be downloaded from GDrive.. See my point?
wEight
BANNED
Old 04-05-2015 , 09:29   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah i definetly need another filehost...thingy... any suggestions?

Inb4 Search
The net is full of bulls**t so yeah, if i search like that's gonna help me...if you know any working "filehost" for FastDL in cs 1.6 that'd be great and post it, otherwise if you don't know any simply don't post useless bulls**t here...
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2015 , 12:54   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #5

Purchase a website from a reliable source like GoDaddy.
Old 04-13-2015 , 16:25   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Purchase a website from a reliable source like pretty much any hoster which is not free.
ftfy
Old 04-14-2015 , 13:37   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Purchase a website from a reliable source like GoDaddy.
Instead of this go with google drive :v
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2015 , 15:22   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #8

Google Drive is not meant to be used as fast download space..
Old 04-15-2015 , 08:25   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #9

but it works like charm :v
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2015 , 00:52   Re: Need some help with fast download (Not setting it up)
Reply With Quote #10

try this free host
https://byethost.com/index.php/free-hosting
and in your server.cfg
Code:
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_downloadurl "http://hldz.is-best.net/valve/" ==> here remplace your domain :))
sv_allowupload 1
like this ;) (my domain ) is fast
http://hldz.is-best.net/

Last edited by abdobiskra; 04-20-2015 at 00:52.
Send a message via Skype™ to abdobiskra