Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] Country flags

Post New Thread Reply   

Xenoadria
Old 05-19-2018 , 15:06   [CSGO] Country flags
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys.
I know that there are certain flags that you can use with cvar mp_teamflag_1 "". Actually there is many of them but some of them don't work. For example "ba","al"etc.
I'm an ESL Admin in adria region and many teams come from countries where their flag is not loaded (game integration forces country codes) because they probably don't exist.
I was wondering if I could manually add those flags somehow.
Apparently (if I'm not mistaking) flags are placed here:
K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\locales and they are in .pak format. I tried lots of things to open that .pak to see what it contains, however it was unsuccessful.

You guys think it's possible to do something like this, to add missing flags manually ?

Last edited by Xenoadria; 05-19-2018 at 15:08.
KillMan
Old 05-20-2018 , 06:57   Re: [CSGO] Country flags
Reply With Quote #2

This file contains translations. This isn't part of gameplay, maybe for any external launcher (found: enter your email, password, copy, paste).
DukeBruno123
Old 05-20-2018 , 07:56   Re: [CSGO] Country flags
Reply With Quote #3

All available country codes are inside the pak01_dir.vpk. If you open it with GCFScape or any similar program and nagivate to root/resource/flash/images/flags you can find a list of all available flags.

As far as I know you cannot add your own custom ones. I tried doing it the same way custom team logos are done but it didn't work.

I guess using the flag closest to the home country of the team would be the only option here.
Xenoadria
Old 05-21-2018 , 15:52   Re: [CSGO] Country flags
Reply With Quote #4

Ye I thought so aswell. Thank you very much for fast reply. Would be nice if there would be a way.