Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07

Post New Thread Reply   

iggy_bus
BANNED
Old 02-26-2007 , 15:26   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #11

What should I change in source if I want to use 7,8,9 instead of 1,2,3 in menu ?
1,2,3 is not good because new people often select pistol (2) by reflex and get kicked for nothing. So I think it is better to use something other than 1,2,3

?
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2007 , 16:42   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Have you fixed the error dahvid had before where it would add the same SteamId's over and over till its so dam full your server crashes?

I may have gotten this wrong, but are you saying its like a ban? You ahve to get an admin to let them back in by erasing their steamid with a command?
Or are they just kicked for a few minuts? (i would suggest)
Also can you do HTML?
Old 02-26-2007 , 17:03   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #13

At public DisplayRulesMenu(taskid)

I added a couple of new lines before you can agree or disagree btw. showing the rules.

But this is limited. How do I set it to unlimit the characters? I need a minmum of 8 lines to add some terms and so on :-)
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2007 , 18:41   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #14

I think its much easier for a simple yes or no. Rules are basic instinctly of common courtesy. So the only reason you should have to see them is to see how specific they can get, otherwise a yes or no will suffice. Also you can add like I did,
Code:
new len = format(szMenuBody,255,"Terms and Agreements for AoC. Complete rules on Site:^n");
Old 02-26-2007 , 18:47   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #15

Youre right, but one suggestion. How to add the following feature.

The menu appears and you can choose on of 3 points. Agree, disagree or show rules.

I want that every user first takes 3. to read the rules. Otherwise he cant decline or accept anything. After he read it, the menu will appear and he can choose now if he accepts it or decline it.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2007 , 19:04   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #16

THe thing is, just by adding this "agree/disagree" it give you the obligation todo whatever if he breaks them, of course i do warnings, but you dont have to. Its their obligation. And peopel will get annoying if they HAVE to read them.

But I bet their is a way to make it work for your application.
Old 02-26-2007 , 19:21   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #17

People don't you think that it is bad idea to use buttons 1,2 and 3 for this menu ??? When people join, they press 2 many times to join CT or if they joined thet select pistol and suddenly menu apperas and bam...kick..bad idea. Change buttons
Psyfire
Old 02-26-2007 , 20:51   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
And peopel will get annoying if they HAVE to read them.
Rules are there to read them. :-) Nobody said that you had to add 250 lines for rules. I want simply add 5-10 lines. Thats it. He looks at it, and then he decided to accept them or decline them.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2007 , 21:09   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #19

That would make sense, and it would be a nice improvement for a quick overview of the core reasons/rules.
Old 02-26-2007 , 23:02   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_bus View Post
People don't you think that it is bad idea to use buttons 1,2 and 3 for this menu ??? When people join, they press 2 many times to join CT or if they joined thet select pistol and suddenly menu apperas and bam...kick..bad idea. Change buttons
OMG anyone say something to this :S