12% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Geit
Old 11-24-2011 , 08:43   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysim84 View Post
erk darkimmortal, I had install the plugins and everything based on ur instruction. I try to launch it and try to play with it. The scout sometimes can become a prop, sometimes can't. Also, when u are a prop, it is kinda laggy. Is this a bugs or something? How do i fix it?

also, for the pyro class, somehow i can change class to others instead of pyro.

Is it something tat i install wrongly? Can i request for a more specific guide of installing?

Sorry to trouble u much as i am very interested of playing this prophunt and our country dont have server hosting any prophunt server D:
Scouts not becoming props could be down to a number of reasons - Check the Sourcemod error log. Prop movement is done client side, any lag is probably down to Valve, I think.

Access to classes other than Pyro has been allowed for most of the history of PropHunt, if you want to limit the classes or prevent them from being used, take a gander at/edit the prophunt config file that came as part of the Data Pack, and issue ph_reloadconfig to the server.
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 11-24-2011 , 09:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #832

The only error I see is in the srcds window itself which is failing to load the flamethrower model for some reason. Here is a screen shot in game, loaded some bots onto Red and let the game start.. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61...30F6844FE005F/

This is after copying all of the new data pack files (again) and updating the plugins folder with the new smx.
BBG-Theory
Old 11-25-2011 , 00:07   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #833

1st off, Im glad this is still being supported. I tried 1.9 with sourcemod 1.4 and I experienced the same thing as others reported, that occasionally the scouts went civilian and did not turn into a misc prop. I'm back at 1.8 till this is resolved.
Question, since im still using 1.8 due to the bugs in 1.9, should the latest propdata be used still with 1.8 ???

Last edited by BBG-Theory; 11-25-2011 at 00:09.
Geit
Old 11-25-2011 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG-Theory View Post
1st off, Im glad this is still being supported. I tried 1.9 with sourcemod 1.4 and I experienced the same thing as others reported, that occasionally the scouts went civilian and did not turn into a misc prop. I'm back at 1.8 till this is resolved.
Question, since im still using 1.8 due to the bugs in 1.9, should the latest propdata be used still with 1.8 ???
No, the latest Prop Data overrides the prophunt_config with a slightly different format - as such PropHunt 1.8 *should* complain that it's missing the firing_damage section and fail to load correctly. - I'll update this post with the 1.8 PropData in a few hours when I find a copy of it.

I'll take a look at the issues on 1.9 over the weekend, a few of these are also cropping up on the development server, but with less frequency then what you guys appear to be implying. - Except 1.91 on Saturday night or Sunday morning. - Sorry for the bugs!
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 11-25-2011 , 04:05   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #835

Thanks for the continued support. My community loves some late night prophunt. Soon as a new version is up I'll test it. Running 1.8 in the meantime error free.
Khadgar
Old 11-25-2011 , 07:22   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
I'll take a look at the issues on 1.9 over the weekend, a few of these are also cropping up on the development server, but with less frequency then what you guys appear to be implying. - Except 1.91 on Saturday night or Sunday morning. - Sorry for the bugs!
Thank you Geit, we appreciate your work.
Old 11-26-2011 , 07:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.9
Reply With Quote #837

Not sure if this is a prophunt plugin problem or something else I'm running. When I start my server the game description is Team Fortress(like it should be). When I change to a ph map it changes to Prophunt 1.8 gamingmasters.co.uk(like it should) The problem is once I change back to a standard map the game description doesn't change back to normal. Not a huge problem, but an annoying one. Ideas?
Darkimmortal
Old 11-26-2011 , 10:28   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.91
Reply With Quote #838

1.91 released
Old 11-26-2011 , 10:42   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.91
Reply With Quote #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
1.91 released
Requires a DataPack update again, fyi.
BBG-Theory
Old 11-26-2011 , 14:55   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.91
Reply With Quote #840

ok thanks guys, I will test 1.91 asap

as a fall back, would it be too much to request that an update for the 1.8's gamedata be available in case 1.8 's wanted to be used

Some of my folks hate change ( if there are feature changes from 1.8 to 1.91 ) and might be nice to have available an updated 1.8
wish I knew how the gamedata gets updated as Valve is constantly dumping more crap into the game as I would be happy to help keep this up to date, if I knew how

Again thanks Darkimmortal and geit for the continued support on this great mod!

ill post performance findings once learned on 1.91