Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-18-2008 , 02:06   AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

AMX Mod X 1.8.1 was released yesterday. For any of you running 1.8.0 I would highly advise updating to 1.8.1 for its bug fixes.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=76026

----------------

With that being said, on the heels of a new AMX Mod X release comes SuperHero Mod 1.2.0 (plugin version). It's been a long time coming, held off mainly due to requirements of testing code changes and time constraints. This release is primarily a code update (shedding old code for newer/better methods), though it also an overhaul and addition of forwards and natives, and it also has a few bug fixes and feature additions.

Hero creators should take a look at the new and changes to natives in superheromod.inc, many new things available along with improvements to old scripting style. You can look at default 1.2.0 heroes to see how new methods are implemented.

Many of you will be happy that bots will choose powers automatically now. Though they will still not be able to use the bound powers, will look into that into the future possibly an external plugin for it.

See this post for more detailed info and downloads:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=76081

Last edited by vittu; 08-18-2008 at 02:40.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yang
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2008 , 13:37   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

pure ownage finally released sick!!!

Last edited by yang; 08-18-2008 at 13:46.
Send a message via AIM to yang
Atspulgs
Old 08-18-2008 , 17:35   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

is this the 2.0 that some were talkin about or bug fix for 1.8 ?
Yeah i know it is said to be mainly bug fix but isnt any newer version with fixed bugs?
So is it 2.0 or is it completely different project?

Last edited by Atspulgs; 08-18-2008 at 17:38.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-20-2008 , 17:20   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atspulgs View Post
is this the 2.0 that some were talkin about or bug fix for 1.8 ?
Yeah i know it is said to be mainly bug fix but isnt any newer version with fixed bugs?
So is it 2.0 or is it completely different project?
Your post makes no sense at all please clarify if you want an answer. The best I can do and I'm not sure if this is what you are asking is: 2.0 is just what yang calls 1.2.0. There is no 1.8, don't know if you mean amxmodx 1.8.0, but SH 1.2.0 is an update to SH 1.18e. I never said SH 1.2.0 is mainly a bug fix, if you read correctly above I said it's a code update.

If by 2.0 you are referring to the module version of SH, I've already stated I am not nor will I ever again work on that version again. As far as I am concerned the module is a dead project.

----------------

FukfaCe, stop reading what you want it to say. That was never said anywhere. Bots will never be included with SH.

----------------

I also want to point out that this version will let you load more heroes, should have better stability, and is optimized over 1.18e.

Last edited by vittu; 08-21-2008 at 00:10.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
FukfaCe
Old 08-19-2008 , 19:12   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

I am not sure... I red somewhere that bots would be included in the update, but I don't see them anywhere, and I don't see anywhere where it is possible there could be a bot.

Is it because it is not included, or do I just have bad eyes?

Send a message via MSN to FukfaCe
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-20-2008 , 16:31   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by FukfaCe View Post
I am not sure... I red somewhere that bots would be included in the update, but I don't see them anywhere, and I don't see anywhere where it is possible there could be a bot.

Is it because it is not included, or do I just have bad eyes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Many of you will be happy that bots will choose powers automatically now. Though they will still not be able to use the bound powers, will look into that into the future possibly an external plugin for it.
That's the only thing about bots. You still need to install some sort of bot though (podbot).
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
Atspulgs
Old 08-20-2008 , 23:31   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

oh so i got mixed up with the numbers at some point
Also i was referring to amxmodx. well you see if the last one is 1.8 so i had this idea that the new one will be 2.0
I never could have guessed that 2.0 is meant to be sh 1.20. it seemed kind of a bit too huge jump from 1.18 to 2.0
Anyway i mixed up with numbers thats all.
Thx vittu and yeah i should have specified the question better. I apologize for that.
Sepehr
Old 08-22-2008 , 17:19   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

Yay !! cool, !!!

Finnally, Time to update ALL my heros..
Old 08-24-2008 , 14:20   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

I found a bug (I guess)
When players use the command /savexp it removes (some) of thier experience.. How can i stop this? I know it saves auto but some people still type it nowdays cuz they dont understand that it auto saves.. Also im getting alot of crashes when running the PoD bots.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 08-24-2008 , 14:56   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 released / SuperHero 1.2.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevalopo View Post
I found a bug (I guess)
When players use the command /savexp it removes (some) of thier experience.. How can i stop this? I know it saves auto but some people still type it nowdays cuz they dont understand that it auto saves..
heh, again not something I introduced, this has been around since '04 version 1.17.5. I debated removing it, but never made a decision as it is a good deterrent to stop them from using a command that does nothing.

As far as pod bot crashing, I can't say if that is sh or not. However, I have ran a server with bots with default setup for a very long time without crashing (more than a week I'm guessing, I'll have to go look it up). I don't know what to tell you cause it may just be pod bot itself, or some 3rd party heroes interaction with it, or even some other plugin you are running.
Closed Thread