Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

danielmyst777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-07-2010 , 12:58   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #271

N3wton,

I'm surprised at how easy it was to fix the problems I was having as said by Marshal in a few posts ago.

All I did to fix my issues was install your melee in the safe room plug-in and it fixed all the glitchy movements and texture issues I was having!

I used the same pre-2.0 .vpk for unlocking all melee weapons on all Valve maps.

As for unlocking all Melee weapons on custom campaigns, it's quite simple. Extract the custom .vpk and edit the Mission file in the /Missions folder. Edit the melee weapons list to anything you want, in this case, adding all melee weapon names by hand to the list.
nagypocak
Old 09-07-2010 , 18:58   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielmyst777 View Post
As for unlocking all Melee weapons on custom campaigns, it's quite simple. Extract the custom .vpk and edit the Mission file in the /Missions folder. Edit the melee weapons list to anything you want, in this case, adding all melee weapon names by hand to the list.
let me just add, that - in most cases - by default there isn't a "meleeweapons" section in the mission.txt on custom maps, only if they want to restrict/enable certain weapons is it necessary to have it. In other words if the melee script files are present, with the corresponding names the plugins referring them to (eg. "give hunting_knife" -> there must be a hunting_knife.txt script file be present in order to work) you can simply delete the "meleeweapons" section from the mission.txt if you don't want any restriction on melee weapons.
n3wton
Old 09-07-2010 , 19:13   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #273

@nagypocak

I did not know that... I'll try doing that and see what happens, might mean that I can get it down to just having golfclub_mod, hunting_knife_mod and riotshield_mod... making life allot easier

Yours
N3wton
mommafish
Old 09-07-2010 , 22:59   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #274

hi i tested your new plugin by allowing it to spawn 4 katana on everymap.. on the parish map, it spawns as tonfas not katanas ;(
n3wton
Old 09-08-2010 , 05:00   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #275

I must of typo'd somewhere... basically if the weapon isn't un;ocked on that map it spawns the first melee weapon that is... I must of missed katana from the parish mission.txt, i'll try fix that today

edit:
Just checked and katana works fine on the parish... However the katana is a locked weapon by default on that map, do you have the weapon unlock installed on the server?

Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 09-08-2010 at 05:39.
n3wton
Old 09-08-2010 , 05:42   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #276

Sorry for the double post but!

I think I've got it down to just a vpk again...
also it doesn't spawn mod weapons, it spawns the official weapons!

can someone please test this vpk and plugin It works on my server, but my server has that much on it, sometimes it's hard to work out what I've modded

edit:
Had a firend test, and they got hunter claws (instead of knives) with this version, looks like a modded knife script is needed and that it (hopefully)

Yours
N3wton
Attached Files
File Type: zip melee_weapon_unlock.zip (3.2 KB, 128 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source ([L4D2] MeleeInTheSafeRoom.sp - 293 views - 9.8 KB)

Last edited by n3wton; 09-08-2010 at 06:54.
Eraa
Old 09-08-2010 , 08:37   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #277

I found the probleme on loading screen : D-Fens
I can try your news version now, thanks you !
Old 09-08-2010 , 12:41   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #278

@Eraa
Glad to know you got it sorted

@Everyone Else
New version in first post... version 2.0.2!

It now spawns the melee weapons with there real names, meaning only one modded melee weapon. This wepaon being the knife... it spawns a huntingknife.

Yours
N3wton
danielmyst777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-08-2010 , 14:33   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #279

I'm trying to spawn a riotshield (riotshield) by using the command sm_gw (name) (riotshield) but it won't work. Is that the name of the weapon (riotshield)?
Cthulhu
Old 09-08-2010 , 14:37   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #280

Could you check riotshield and knife animations? I get wrong animations on first person view, but it is ok when others players look at me