Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

!zspawn and auto respawn

Post New Thread Reply   

Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-16-2009 , 20:58   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #11

Haza can make a temporary fix for you guys. It's not zombie related all, just simply finding the entity that's killing players and deleting it. That can be done externally. But this is a simple enough feature that it will (99% likely) be in 3.0
Old 12-16-2009 , 21:44   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #12

thanks
Xoleum
Old 12-18-2009 , 09:49   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
Xoleum: We already have a solution for that problem. Lookup zr_respawn_team_zombie_world in the manual. It will respawn zombies if a zombie was killed by the map or physics world damage. By keeping manual suicide commands blocked I don't know any way to bypass this feature. Even reconnect and respawn won't help because we took care of that too. ^^
I meant zombies letting themselves get killed by human guns, like just standing in front of them instead of trying to convert them.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2009 , 18:08   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #14

If they let humans kill them on purpose we can't make code that will detect that. At least it's not worth it. Admins watching the server is the solution.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Sandfly
Old 12-18-2009 , 20:41   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #15

Exactly ... what Mod exists that can take care of all less-than-desirable Human exploitative behaviour in game? ZERO!

That kind of situation should be monitored and dealt with at Server Admin level - or at least in servers than can claim any skill in administering player behaviour themselves ... certainly not lumped on the Senior Dev's head with respect to Zombie: Reloaded.
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018

Last edited by rhelgeby; 12-19-2009 at 08:11. Reason: Removed quote of previous post
Xoleum
Old 12-19-2009 , 23:36   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #16

That was my whole point, it's not possible. Nothing else, no need to get worked up over it. :p
SirCole
Old 12-20-2009 , 22:37   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #17

I have a new light on the issue at hand I've been experiencing the problem on maps that try to end the round with a nuke, because the respawn plugin is so persistent even after round end it respawns say 10 times every player before the next round..

I realise I can increase the time before a player gets respawned but generally even if I set that for maps that are effected players will just bitch.

How hard is it for you to implement a !respawn command so players can select to respawn manually if enabled..

at the same time the option to have manual and auto respawn should be both on or one on and one off somehow in the configs..
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2009 , 23:11   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #18

Players can already manually spawn with "!zspawn". You might need to configure the zspawn time limit and other settings: http://helgeby.no-ip.org/zrdev/manual/#3.17

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
SirCole
Old 12-21-2009 , 09:17   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #19

thats just referring to the chance that a player joins the game late.. would it allow a respawn again and again if I set the timer to unlimited?

Last edited by rhelgeby; 12-21-2009 at 09:21. Reason: Removed quote of previous post
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2009 , 09:20   Re: !zspawn and auto respawn
Reply With Quote #20

Yes. Maybe we could put a counter on it too, so you can limit number of respawns (even in combination with a time limit). I know this feature can be improved a little bit more. Tell us if you have more ideas.