Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

HLDS

Post New Thread Reply   

itoxicreal
Old 06-15-2018 , 14:51   HLDS
Reply With Quote #1

Hi im learning amxx and i have a server i downloaded from youtube but i am not sure how to make hlds.exe with zm mod so i was asking if anyone could make me one or teach me
Thanks for helping
haZh
Old 06-15-2018 , 21:50   Re: HLDS
Reply With Quote #2

You don't need to learn AMXX programming to install a server with it. It might certainly help to understand overall how everything works but if I remember correctly, Zombie mods come with the actual folder structure that you need need to install within your server. Assuming that you have downloaded the HLDS server package throught SteamCMD or somewhere already, I will only post a summary of what you need to do so you need to put;

files in Zombie /plugins folder in to your HLDS server addons/amxmodx/plugins directory (*.amxx files)
files in Zombie /configs folder in to your HLDS server addons/amxmodx/configs directory (mostly *.cfg/*.ini files)
files in Zombie /modules folder in to your HLDS server addons/amxmodx/modules directory (*.so files)
files in Zombie /lang folder in to your HLDS server addons/amxmodx/data/lang directory (*.txt files)
files in Zombie /models folder in to your HLDS server cstrike/models directory (*.mdl files)

and so on... finally edit the your server's amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini file and write all the *.amxx plugins that you just added to your server's /plugins directory.

If you only have *.sma files in the Zombie package /plugins directory, you need to compile those files first. Just download the latest AMX MOD X package to your local PC and go to;

amxmodx/scripting and paste all those *sma files in there.

Then click on compile.exe in that scripting folder. A console window will appear and all your *.sma files will start to compile. Look out for errors and if you are seeing errors, you might need to post in the scripting section, or do research about it on your own.

No errors? Then there will be *.amxx files created with the same name as those *.sma files used to have. Copy all of them to your server's amxmodx/plugins directory.

Restart the HLDS server and look out for console errors. Finally connect to the server yourself and see if all Zombie models start downloading and spawn within the gamemode with like Zombie menu and stuff.

But I would recommend you to learn by installing a basic/classic server with like 1 or 2 amxmodx plugins first and get an idea about how to install big mods like Zombie.

Everything works? Switch to ReHLDS for better performance.

Last edited by haZh; 06-15-2018 at 21:51.
itoxicreal
Old 06-16-2018 , 12:19   Re: HLDS
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks ill try to do it and i have another question i added fastdl but the page is blocked so do you know any other websites i can use to add fastdl
haZh
Old 06-16-2018 , 21:10   Re: HLDS
Reply With Quote #4

Don't know about other websites, but if you already have a remote host for your game server like a VPS, you can host FastDL in that same VPS too. Same goes for hosting on your own PC, but most ISPs have shady systems built-in to cripple any type of hosting. So you will have to deal with firewall/port unblocking and stuff relevant to your ISP.