8% 

[L4D & L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]

Post New Thread Reply   

larrybrains
Old 10-12-2019 , 18:01   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
works fine on my end version : 2.1.5.5 7311, do you have 2 of the plugins loading or reloaded all plugins, the witch fixes are not reloadable they are 1time load and does not need anything more.

If not i'v noidea to help you.
I am getting the exact same error on my server.

PHP Code:
L 10/11/2019 22:05:20SourceMod error session started
L 10
/11/2019 22:05:20Info (map "c5m1_waterfront") (file "errors_20191011.log")
L 10/11/2019 22:05:20: [optional/larrymod/Witch_Target_patch.smxIncorrect offset for 'WitchAttack::GetVictim'.
L 10/11/2019 22:05:20: [optional/larrymod/Witch_Target_patch.smxError finding the 'WitchAttack::OnStart' signature.
L 10/11/2019 22:05:20: [optional/larrymod/Witch_Target_patch.smxError finding the 'WitchAttack::OnAnimationEvent' signature.
L 10/11/2019 22:05:20: [optional/larrymod/Witch_Target_patch.smxError finding the 'WitchAttack::Update' signature
Can you explain what you mean by the them not being reloadable? Should I be running them as default plugins on server startup as opposed to optionally loaded on config startup?

Last edited by larrybrains; 10-12-2019 at 18:02.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2019 , 19:26   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
Can you explain what you mean by the them not being reloadable? Should I be running them as default plugins on server startup as opposed to optionally loaded on config startup?
I dunno how to explain, not being reloadable anymore from my post above.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=19

running it in default plugin folder would be easier and loading it later would be fine.

however it only needs to run once you can unload it and never load it again only at start up, since loading again will read the wrong offsets since they already patched, i could add a check i see no point other than avoiding errors.

Commission me for L4D
larrybrains
Old 11-05-2019 , 00:09   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
however it only needs to run once you can unload it and never load it again only at start up, since loading again will read the wrong offsets since they already patched, i could add a check i see no point other than avoiding errors.
We have been using it for a while on my server and I think for the most part it works, but that error comes up in the logs several times a day.

Does the error from my previous post mean that it is reading the wrong offsets?

And if so, does that mean that the plugin isn't working properly on my server?

Last edited by larrybrains; 11-05-2019 at 00:10.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2019 , 14:32   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
We have been using it for a while on my server and I think for the most part it works, but that error comes up in the logs several times a day.

Does the error from my previous post mean that it is reading the wrong offsets?

And if so, does that mean that the plugin isn't working properly on my server?
Yes it's always done it's job for you regardless of error you got since it's first load, it is intended to be loaded once since it just patches, and very pointless to load again since it's job is already done.

Don't matter as it seems you continue to unload and load, rather than loading it once in the default plugins folder, i updated it to restore the patches on unload will save me from headaches of these errors.

Update 1.1
Added restore patches when the plugin is unloaded.

Commission me for L4D
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2019 , 17:33   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Update 1.1
Added restore patches when the plugin is unloaded.
You should add a check for the bytes before you patch them. That will completely remove the chances of patching it twice.
Old 12-31-2019 , 22:13   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #26

I do check the bytes, i avoid checking the bytes if it were already patched incase of a very rare chance of it being updated.

since people like to reload plugins every map for some pointless reason i added restoring to the patch.

in anycase for future patch still ill just make configs and use https://github.com/nosoop/SMExt-SourceScramble to load patches since it's simple and does most of it for you.

Hunter_pounce_alignment_fix uses this anyway for special case.

Commission me for L4D
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-31-2019 , 23:30   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
since people like to reload plugins every map for some pointless reason
I've always wondered why someone would want to do this? It breaks functionality for many plugins that use persistent data, for client stats etc. I wonder how many people actually set this option for their server?

While scripting and testing I often reload all plugins, this is the main reason I add clean up routines in OnPluginEnd. That and to prevent people complainining about more issues I can't be bothered to deal with. Downside is more scripting, longer processing time if you have to store data of things to reset/delete.. but if I don't add those functions someone will always end up requesting it or reporting some problem.
Old 01-01-2020 , 16:36   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
since people like to reload plugins every map for some pointless reason i added restoring to the patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I've always wondered why someone would want to do this? It breaks functionality for many plugins that use persistent data, for client stats etc. I wonder how many people actually set this option for their server?
One word to answer that "Promod". The way that framework was coded, it unloads all plugins and then only loads specific ones on map load. I don't personally use it, but that's where the whole fuzz comes from.
Old 01-01-2020 , 17:04   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #29

I'm planning to implement new game-modes that require some plugins be unloaded on the fly (or not loaded) on map start.
So what opportunities do we have here:
1) move plugin to "disabled" folder, and don't forget to revert back (more work)
2) set X_ConVar_Enable to 0 in some plugins, but they get re-loaded from *.cfg on map start (so, useless).
3) sm plugins unload X (easy, but unsafe)
4) ??? separate server. No, not an option for me.

AFAIK, server shutdown also initiate plugins unload, so it's better to implement for reason: not get extra or wrong crash report.

Last edited by Dragokas; 01-01-2020 at 17:08.
ben12398
Old 01-12-2020 , 03:41   Re: [L4D2]Witch fixes[Left 4 Fix]
Reply With Quote #30

Hi

Sometimes people startle witch and go idle to avoid being punished

I want to ask if yours can fix this problem?

Much thanks