Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (1.3.2)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Edhmelus
Old 08-17-2009 , 04:05   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post
As Frustian said, some teams enter the safe room with 170-190 hb with cevo now. There are teams that are already strong enough on survivor. This plugin is designed to make it more competitive. Tanks are scarier on tier 1. Rounds are harder with no medkits. Tanks are more fun to play when they're not pre-lit. If it's not for you, then ignore it, but having a flippant attitude about a pretty cool plugin is disrespectful.

I think a lot of competitive l4d players have wanted something like this, and I'm glad to see it realized. One minor nitpick,

Some servers run modified tank health, it'd probably be better to retrieve that from the con-var.
Otherwise, this looks like a cool plugin and I hope it receives adoption by some servers.

Do you think I should praise him before I give out critic?

I do not think it's the "Player fault" if they are good! If you are bluntly too silly to avoid bullets with a tank, then get used to dying all the time. How to avoid? Ever tried running from one object to another to hide behind it or lure survivors to you? Its not hard. Its not even hard when they have the tier2 weapons.

And PILLS only restore 50 Health temporarily. So in addition to make it fair. "Fairplay" is an iron rule by the way and I think that this addon spoils it and makes it too easy for noobs, newbies and people who pretend to know how to play.

There is a reason there are tier2 weapons at specific points, simply because the Valve maps are scaling with difficulty over distance reached. Why? Even been barfbagged 2-3 times after another and found yourself death even with tier2 weapons? I did.

To make it simply and annoyingly cruely clear:

This addon is for newbies or noobies who want to play against teams who are far more skilled than themselves. Tuning their capacity of skill down by spoiling the game's mechanics on an uneven base.

For me, this addon is simply but useless. It is surely an nice idea but look on the terribad side of it all!: The noobs will be scaled down too and lose immedietly.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.