Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Faaip's Stupid Never-Ending Request Thread ;)

[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-13-2005 , 00:30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by awuh0
see that can cause problems... my +attack is the spacebar you could unbind some keys and then nm_exec player exec config.cfg to give them back there original settings...
infact thats a good idea im doing that.
Mouse1 is nearly always their primary attack key though, so for the 1 in 5,000,000,000 that don't use it... meh. ;)

You could prolly also try temporarily aliasing +attack to something else (or nothing).
Old 06-15-2005 , 19:22  

Got a couple here.
  • nm_teleport_set: Could you add another parameter for player? So we could use it for eventscripts through console. like this
    nm_teleport_set ichthys location1
  • A way to change host_timescale on the server and clients without the need to enable sv_cheats. A command like nm_host_timescale or just nm_timescale
Old 06-15-2005 , 20:09  

Are there any other server cvars that you want the cheat flag removed from?
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2005 , 20:37  

This is how host_timescale works now. sv_cheats has to be on. Then the servers host_timescale aswell as the clients host_timescale have to be changed. If one is different than another, its gets all wonky. So it has to be server controlled, not just 'allowed'.
Off the top of my head I cant think of any other cvars.
Old 06-15-2005 , 20:39  

Cheat cvars can't be changed on clients.
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-16-2005 , 02:53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh
Are there any other server cvars that you want the cheat flag removed from?
Oo! Ooo! I want cl_phys_timescale removed as a cheat cvar - or does that apply to "Cheat cvars can't be changed on clients"?

Would you just be able to make the client think that sv_cheats was set to 1 when they modified their cl_phys_timescale (or I modified it for them)?

Thanks,

-Faaip

Oh - and AWESOME new release. Definitely worthy of the .3 title - I see a ton of features I requested in there, and even some things I didn't request (but was using NemoD+ES to do - color-coded protection, anyone? w00t!).

Thanks again!
Old 06-16-2005 , 12:45  

When I´m starting the zombie mod, it´s all getting dark. But I would like to have it more brighter.
Does anybody know what I have to do?
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-16-2005 , 15:22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emutz
When I´m starting the zombie mod, it´s all getting dark. But I would like to have it more brighter.
Does anybody know what I have to do?
wtf? How is this a feature request?

...and that's how Zombie mode is - it's dark.
Old 06-17-2005 , 12:41  

I have request for your next version. Try to add a deathmatch mod like the ones in 1.6. I've tried to get this to work by using your mod and Eventscripts but i cant seem to get it to work right. Would it be possible to make players buy stuff outside of buyzones?

Also with the grenade mode try to make it so it doesn't switch back to the knife when you get a new grenade.
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-17-2005 , 16:09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer021
I have request for your next version. Try to add a deathmatch mod like the ones in 1.6. I've tried to get this to work by using your mod and Eventscripts but i cant seem to get it to work right. Would it be possible to make players buy stuff outside of buyzones?

Also with the grenade mode try to make it so it doesn't switch back to the knife when you get a new grenade.
A full deathmatch mode is possible now via NemoD + ES... I run such a mode on one of my servers. In fact, with the latest version of NemoD, doing a DM mode is easier than ever. Just try harder. ;)

The grenade mode thing is a good idea, though. It would be nice to not have to go back and forth between nade/knife.