Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Faaip's Stupid Never-Ending Request Thread ;)

[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-02-2005 , 03:47  

Another request: Make it so that damage done to players and damage done by players does not accumulate while they're under the protection of respawning or in god mode.

I get a lot of "wtf, I did 5 billion damage and he didn't die!" questions, and I think it would be easier for players to swallow the ultra-difficult concept of spawn protection if the damage didn't show up.

Again, not sure if this can be done, but there it is.

-Faaip
Old 06-02-2005 , 05:17  

UPDATE: Added in NemoD v0.3.0

Yet another - the ideas keep rolling in as Wednesday rolls on. How about some visual feedback when players are invunlerable under spawn protection? i.e. changing the player's color to red or yellow, or (this would be sweet, but not likely) putting a logo above their head that said "Spawning" or something.

Right now I'm using ES to turn them red when they spawn, then turning them normal 7 seconds afterward - but sometimes they never get the second nm_color, and they run around red the entire time. It's good, but not great.

-Faaip
Old 06-02-2005 , 17:47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TooL
Faaip De Oiad]Yet another - the ideas keep rolling in as Wednesday rolls on. How about some visual feedback when players are invunlerable under spawn protection? i.e. changing the player's color to red or yellow, or (this would be sweet, but not likely) putting a logo above their head that said "Spawning" or something.

Right now I'm using ES to turn them red when they spawn, then turning them normal 7 seconds afterward - but sometimes they never get the second nm_color, and they run around red the entire time. It's good, but not great.

-Faaip
Red? ew. How about flash their alpha levels? (transparency)
Old 06-02-2005 , 17:51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthys
Red? ew. How about flash their alpha levels? (transparency)
Heh... that'd be really sweet. But the more es_delayed events I use, the more likely it is that one of them will get dropped.

So flashing would require 6 es_delayed events per player, whereas now it only requires 2.

Flashing would make it all old-sk00l video game style, though. I wish you hadn't said that, now I'm going to be tempted to try. ;)
Old 06-08-2005 , 01:48  

I'm back! And this might be one of the most impossible requests EVAR!

I'm running 3 servers, and I want to have the ability to have a user in server1 type something like "server2" and see a window with the current map, playercount, and nextmap of server2.

Any chance this could be worked in? I don't even need you to make an interface or the say command, I just need to be able to retrieve the tokens from another server (which is also running NemoD), then I can script the interface myself with ES.

Thanks again,

-Faaip
Old 06-08-2005 , 02:04  

Maybe
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-08-2005 , 02:23  

Awesome.

I was thinking something like:

nm_server_currentmap 123.123.123.123:27015
nm_server_playercount 123.123.123.123:27015
nm_server_nextmap 123.123.123.123:27015
nm_server_timeleft 123.123.123.123:27015
nm_server_message 123.123.123.123:27015

...that would return just the raw values, such as:

de_dust
de_aztec
13:58
Today on server x is sausage-fest Tuesday!

...and message could be something that would be defined on the other server, such as "Today on server x is sausage-fest Tuesday!", that I could be defined in nm_server.cfg (and that I use the crontab.cfg on server x to define). ;)

-Faaip
Old 06-08-2005 , 02:49  

I just found this option at serverspy.net that dumps a given server's information at the time of rendering to XML:

http://www.serverspy.net/bin/smonXml...2&colornames=1

In this case, mid=85932 refers to one of my servers. Perhaps you could parse from this file to get the information you need, and then the in-game commands would just be something like:

nm_server_map 85932 (grabs info from <details name="map" value="de_train" /> )
nm_server_playercount 85932 (grabs info from <details name="currentPlayers" value="31" /> )

etc.

Not sure if this helps, but there you go.

-Faaip
Old 06-08-2005 , 17:14  

How about adding the abilty to respawn players radomly around the map based on xyz coordinates? So you have the players respawn when they die at their regular starting point. Give them 1-2 seconds to buy weapons and then radomly teleport them to a different location.
Kind of like a deathmatch mod like they have in 1.6.

Also add the abilty to remember the previous weapons bought from each player and automaticly buy them for the player when they respawn.

I think this would be very fun and atract alot of people to play in the server and make server owners download this plugin.

What do you think?

*EDit/* Also make the admin.txt file easier to use. Take a look at how mani_admin and beetlesmod have theirs set up. Much easier to use.
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-09-2005 , 04:37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer021
What do you think?
...I think this is MY stupid naggy thread, dammit!

<---(Me squeezing out some poop to throw at you and other passers-by)