Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Deathrace (v2.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Xalus
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2019 , 14:33   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
Oh, ok, a question, i saw this in the code of Deathrace_Crates,

CRATE_FROST,
CRATE_SMOKE,

"frostcrate",
"smokecrate",

and here there's nothing about the "smokecrate", the frostnade gets use on the smokenade and the flash is just used as a flash, is it just a mistake or is it intentional?
Good question,
if I remember right there is a cvar in the 'frostnade' that decides which grenade becomes the 'frostnade', flash or smoke.

Grtz,
Xalus.
Old 03-08-2019 , 04:44   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #702

If someone interested
https://github.com/Mistrick/DeathRace
Experimental version with random crates. Each round spawned random crates(except death) and crate can respawn after N seconds(cvar).
Requires ReHLDS, ReGameDLL and ReAPI.
Rivotril
Old 03-20-2019 , 07:39   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalus View Post
Good question,
if I remember right there is a cvar in the 'frostnade' that decides which grenade becomes the 'frostnade', flash or smoke.

Grtz,
Xalus.
Oh, cool!

I'm having a bit of a issue with the mod, i have it on a MultiMod Server and sometimes when the deathrace mod is selected, the map changes, the server crashes and constantly crashes after that, gets stuck on a loop of crashing untill i pause the plugin and reset the server, what can this be?
Moody92
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2019 , 21:02   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #704

Quote:
Oh, cool!

I'm having a bit of a issue with the mod, i have it on a MultiMod Server and sometimes when the deathrace mod is selected, the map changes, the server crashes and constantly crashes after that, gets stuck on a loop of crashing untill i pause the plugin and reset the server, what can this be?
I had a multimod server once. This used to happen to me too, it no longer happens in my testing server though (my testing server is a multimod server). Try updating HLDS/AMXMODX to 1.8.2. It should work fine.
Rivotril
Old 03-21-2019 , 10:33   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody92 View Post
I had a multimod server once. This used to happen to me too, it no longer happens in my testing server though (my testing server is a multimod server). Try updating HLDS/AMXMODX to 1.8.2. It should work fine.
I'm using the latest HLDS and AMX 1.8.2, its odd, a few people told me the same issue happens but no fix for it
Moody92
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2019 , 21:27   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #706

Quote:
I'm using the latest HLDS and AMX 1.8.2, its odd, a few people told me the same issue happens but no fix for it
I forgot to note that my previous server was a linux server. My current testing server is a windows server. Perhaps if your server is a linux server we can relate to the problem?
Rivotril
Old 03-22-2019 , 10:38   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #707

Quote:
I forgot to note that my previous server was a linux server. My current testing server is a windows server. Perhaps if your server is a linux server we can relate to the problem?
Yeah, i have a Linux server, so it may be a linux problem?
Rivotril
Old 03-31-2019 , 07:43   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #708

So, about the crashing, found the source of it, it is on the Deathrace_Main plugin.

Removing public Task_UpdateBot() and removing "Task_UpdateBot()" on stock create_fakebot() makes the server able to start with the mod active, maybe it helps to find what is causing the crash.
Moody92
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2019 , 15:01   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #709

Quote:
Yeah, i have a Linux server, so it may be a linux problem?
I'll check it out and update this post.

EDIT: It's weird that the mod isn't working after removing what you removed, try this for me.

If it does work, we're going to need to find another way to compensate for the bot.

EDIT2: I am sorry, I haven't noticed that you said it was working properly. Okay, just compensate for the bot by using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=117782
You're probably gonna need these flags for sure.
Quote:
g - Terrorist Win
h - CT Win
i - Round Draw
The bot essentially removes round draw from occurring.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (Deathrace_Main.sma - 290 views - 8.5 KB)

Last edited by Moody92; 03-31-2019 at 15:23.
Rivotril
Old 03-31-2019 , 18:16   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #710

Quote:
I'll check it out and update this post.

EDIT: It's weird that the mod isn't working after removing what you removed, try this for me.

If it does work, we're going to need to find another way to compensate for the bot.

EDIT2: I am sorry, I haven't noticed that you said it was working properly. Okay, just compensate for the bot by using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=117782
You're probably gonna need these flags for sure.

The bot essentially removes round draw from occurring.
nono, the mod IS working after i removed that, with that on, if i restart the server i can't start, continues to crash constantly untill i turn off the plugin or remove that i said