Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2020 , 08:53   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #21

Just share my experiments in L4D1.

Using
Quote:
"linux" "@_ZN8Director19OnChangeChapterVoteEPKc"
causes skipping intro scene in first mission, freezing the client during scene time.

Also, in rare cases I found all clients spawned in the wrong location (usually, blocked under the map).
So, I refused that idea.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2020 , 15:18   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
Just share my experiments in L4D1.

Using

causes skipping intro scene in first mission, freezing the client during scene time.

Also, in rare cases I found all clients spawned in the wrong location (usually, blocked under the map).
So, I refused that idea.
This is odd effect since the game it's self calls them functions, it may get called from else where intil it gets to that function maybe try and follow the call order see where the the chain starts.

Commission me for L4D
Xada
Old 01-09-2021 , 21:29   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #23

Using the custom changelevel command of late causes my server to respawn all survivors dead on map reset/fail (or just spawn nick/bill or some other strange variant, but all players spawn dead permanently with no way to spawn in) for some reason.
Is this plugin still being managed past the TLS update and such? It was useful for avoiding some of the inherent L4D2 bugs on mapchange but this seems to be a pretty severe issue when using it.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2021 , 04:04   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xada View Post
Using the custom changelevel command of late causes my server to respawn all survivors dead on map reset/fail (or just spawn nick/bill or some other strange variant, but all players spawn dead permanently with no way to spawn in) for some reason.
Is this plugin still being managed past the TLS update and such? It was useful for avoiding some of the inherent L4D2 bugs on mapchange but this seems to be a pretty severe issue when using it.
No issues here, likely due to your specific server environment config you run.

Your post about your problems in the link below could be related so i'v no idea
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=329838

This plugin still functions as it should post TLS if it did not then it will just crash or ingame voting system would have the same problem you discribe.

Commission me for L4D
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2021 , 06:39   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #25

Xada, I'm using it integrated in my MapChanger plugin, and constantly on my L4D2 server.
No issues since TLS, especially as one you described.

Last edited by Dragokas; 01-10-2021 at 06:39.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2021 , 07:32   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xada View Post
respawn all survivors dead on map reset/fail (or just spawn nick/bill or some other strange variant, but all players spawn dead permanently with no way to spawn in) for some reason.
I have this issue sometimes since The Last Stand update.

After all survivors wipe out, and server prepares to restart the round, no any survivor bots respawn, they are just dead , we have to restart map or change map

I don't think it is "Proper Changelevel's" problem, I can surely say it is fu?king the last stand team problem, they messed up something.

Last edited by HarryPotter; 01-10-2021 at 07:34.
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-10-2021 , 10:52   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #27

Not sure if this is related, but I have also found that since the TLS update, I'm having intermittent problems with changing level. Sometimes random players, myself included, will get "stuck" during the change level and will never finish loading...have to disconnect and reconnect. This never happened before TLS, and I can't figure out what the cause is. However, one thing I noticed that is different... before when changing levels the players would spawn in frozen until the cut scene (which you cannot see) is finished, then the players can move again normally. Since TLS, it seems to hold the loading screen until everyone spawns/preloads, then shows everyone the full cut scene. I wonder if Silvers plugin "First Map - Skip Intro Cutscenes" would help (or hurt). If it makes a difference, I have "sv_forcepreload 1" set on the server, and using "Improved ACS" with the included "Proper Changelevel" plugin.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 01-10-2021 at 11:00. Reason: fixed ACS link
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2021 , 11:02   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
will get "stuck" during the change level and will never finish loading...have to disconnect and reconnect.
I always had that even before TLS. But, only when finale map finishes.
Loading screen holds at 100% for ~ 20 seconds (or more).
When I finally spawn, I see that half of players displayed with a message: "Player XX becomes idle" and they got disconnected soon.
Dunno about the reason. Maybe something related to download tables. However, that never happens when non-finale map changes.

Last edited by Dragokas; 01-10-2021 at 11:03.
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-10-2021 , 15:51   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
I always had that even before TLS. But, only when finale map finishes.
Loading screen holds at 100% for ~ 20 seconds (or more).

I think you might be right about it only happening after the finale when loading a new campaign, but in my case, it hangs indefinitely and never loads for anyone until the person who is stuck disconnects, then everyone finishes loading normally.

I can't remember if Improved ACS requires Proper Changelevel. If not, I will experiment with disabling Proper Changelevel and see if the problem goes away or persists.

UPDATE: I disabled Proper Changelevel (l4d2_changelevel) and still had the same problem (map does not finish loading for anyone until "stuck" player disconnects. Whatever the cause, it does not appear to be related to Proper Changelevel.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 01-11-2021 at 01:05.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2021 , 11:17   Re: [L4D2] Proper Changelevel [Left 4 Fix] [17/11/2019]
Reply With Quote #30

Double-checked.
Calling CDirector::OnChangeChapterVote causes all dead on round start bug.