Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

I will Pay MONEY for THIS.

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2017 , 13:27   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by indraraj striker View Post
then don't sell that's it if you don't want to share sma
Read this before you are going to comment again in this post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules
It's not about selling. As long as you give the amxx you must also give the sma file. Even on my VPS I upload both the sma and amxx files of my private plug-ins and not just the .amxx file. But in your situation ou migh just have to find a better hosting company like NFO and host your game servers there. This way you won't ahve to worry about your plug-ins being stealed. And if you sell a plug-in, you must include the .sma file as well to the buyer.
bakir123
Old 11-15-2017 , 13:32   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #32

Admin
Lock this theard please.
Send a message via Skype™ to bakir123
indraraj striker
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2017 , 13:40   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMan View Post
It's not about selling. As long as you give the amxx you must also give the sma file. Even on my VPS I upload both the sma and amxx files of my private plug-ins and not just the .amxx file. But in your situation ou migh just have to find a better hosting company like NFO and host your game servers there. This way you won't ahve to worry about your plug-ins being stealed. And if you sell a plug-in, you must include the .sma file as well to the buyer.
Quote:
its a serious issue sometime GameHosting steal our plugin, decompile and give it to someone who really wants things from my server
That's why i don't buy server from Gamehosting usually they do this, Buy vps and have a good day!
Quote:
how can you believe ? this is nice hosting by review? are you kidding ? we can easily get fake review by paying 5$
there are lot of plugin i have seen in russian server their amxx file can't be decompile you will get garbage
Quote:
In my location, there is only one Hosting that provide game hosting
I know coder can create by looking in ingame but what about those who stole plugin from Control panel and then use decompile and make it for them later they sell it to others
Anyway its kindaa useless topic to discuss and its not going to end
Russian authors knows very well how to do but they can't disclose their way to achieve
When did i said i am going to sell plugin ? i just wanted to protect my plugins
btw anyways leave it we don't have any solution
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2017 , 15:13   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
When did i said i am going to sell plugin ? i just wanted to protect my plugins
btw anyways leave it we don't have any solution
The solution is to switch to NFO. They offer VPS'es for game hosting in Europe in Germany as well as in the U.S.
siriusmd99
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2017 , 15:45   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #35

Lol guys. What an irony. Most of people here say it's not secure because when you sell you don't provide the source code but when you buy windows or other software does they also give you the source code?

That's the point of selling. I really amazed of how irrational afirmation sounds "you must provide source code". It's clear that there is no sense to sell a plugin with source code sticked to it.

For example you worked for a very difficult plugin and then you sell to someone for 100$ with source code and a day after it's posted on github. What's the point? Having 100$ per month?

The idea of selling a product is to sell copies not the original. The case you say like providing source code would work only if someone was going to pay like very much for that, but we all know that people with such amount of money don't own a freaking cs 1.6 server. Let's be serious...

Last edited by siriusmd99; 11-15-2017 at 15:47.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-15-2017 , 16:37   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusmd99 View Post
Lol guys. What an irony. Most of people here say it's not secure because when you sell you don't provide the source code but when you buy windows or other software does they also give you the source code?

That's the point of selling. I really amazed of how irrational afirmation sounds "you must provide source code". It's clear that there is no sense to sell a plugin with source code sticked to it.

For example you worked for a very difficult plugin and then you sell to someone for 100$ with source code and a day after it's posted on github. What's the point? Having 100$ per month?

The idea of selling a product is to sell copies not the original. The case you say like providing source code would work only if someone was going to pay like very much for that, but we all know that people with such amount of money don't own a freaking cs 1.6 server. Let's be serious...
Quote:
Microsoft is a big company, not some random dude from the internet.

Quote:
Windows is not open source, amxmodx is open source. And if you want to use amxmodx, you have to follow it's terms. If you don't like that, then simply do not write amxmodx plugins, create your own metamod and amxmodx and sell whatever you want.
You are using a free tool, breaking it's license and then crying because "yadayada it's not fair to force me to provide the source". THAT'S WHAT YOU AGREED WITH WHEN YOU USED AMXX.
You are the irrational one.

Quote:
When you start using amxmodx it's supposed you know that this can be the case. If you can't handle such things, then as I said, you should not be using amxmodx to create plugins. Write code directly by using hlsdk.

Quote:
See the above point.

Long story short: if you use amxx you agree with it's terms. If you don't agree with them, do not use amxmodx.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 11-15-2017 at 16:38.
Ayman Khaled
Old 11-15-2017 , 16:49   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusmd99 View Post

and what about backdoors?
Old 11-15-2017 , 17:09   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #38

My new strategy is to decompile/recreate these shitty plugins that are released without source and blackmail the author not to release the source. The biggest difference being that mine wouldn't share any resemblance with dogshit or trumps hairstyle. I wouldn't even be breaking the rules so I would even win ethically.
Win-win-loose, my favourite.

Last edited by Black Rose; 11-15-2017 at 17:15.
Fr33m@n
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2017 , 21:17   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #39

IMO, it's lost time to be a developer on amxmodx for money.

If you respect the rules, you don't win enough money to live with.
Unless you are really good and you have an high hourly rate.
But that also mean that you must be talented.

Selling without providing the source means that the coder is a shitty coder and an asshole.

Last edited by Fr33m@n; 11-15-2017 at 21:19.
siriusmd99
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2017 , 01:01   Re: I will Pay MONEY for THIS.
Reply With Quote #40

Do you want to say that everything that is open source doesn't allow selling or you want to say that in metamod's terms is written that you can't sell plugins made based on it?
If that is written in their TOS then I'm sorry for what I've said.