Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

8 survivors in the rescue vehicle

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-10-2020 , 19:48   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #21

info_survivor_position are part of maps and not something spawned by game code though. I wonder if it's not guaranteed because the event/trigger is too late in some cases. Maybe hooking escape vehicle arriving and spawning then, and final spawn if any extra players joined/spawned since then when leaving.

Surely theres some function which could be patched to prevent having to even spawn anything extra, some code must have changed to break this since pre last stand or is the issue with 4+/8+ extensions not fixing the issue since update? I don't run any servers to know even though I have 4+/8+ stuff enabled, but its only ever me testing and getting together enough to test is never possible, one of the reasons I've never bothered with 4+/8+ stuff even though I would have wanted to.
Old 10-10-2020 , 20:00   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #22

Before TLS update:

Extra survivors would often fall out of the rescue vehicle. This could be "fixed" by giving them godmode and teleporting them to somewhere safe (i.e. saferoom) when "EscapeVehicleLeaving" is fired by trigger_finale/finale_trigger.

After TLS update:

Extra survivors can still be given godmode and teleported to safety but it doesn't guarantee their survival. Hence why we started coming up with the idea of spawning extra positions in this thread.

A friend had told me that there was a function that could be patched but it would require an extension since it's not something you can patch with DHooks (or at least he thinks so). He also said that all alive survivors are most likely counted as "escaped" but since the stats crawl is clientside, it reports some extra survivors as dead before the game determines their final status. I have no way of verifying any of this, but I figured you guys should *at least* know this information.

Side note: I noticed that after the TLS update came out, the server console now prints out a list of escaped survivors.

Example:

ESCAPED: Zoey
ESCAPED: Francis
ESCAPED: Coach
ESCAPED: Bill

I'm not sure what exactly determines/validates the status of the survivors that get added to that list, but that list is often accurate to what's shown on the stats crawl for me.
Old 10-10-2020 , 20:08   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #23

What about SDKHooks OnTakeDamage to prevent death, or is their life state prop being set to 0 killing then outright?

Not looked at the binary for any of this, suspect dhooks wouldn't be required just a mem patch.

Wonder if consoles escaped messages are client side interpretation or sent from server, if server thats a big hint to where needs patching. Probably easy to find patch place anyway but I don't have time or interest to really look around for it.
Old 10-10-2020 , 20:16   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
What about SDKHooks OnTakeDamage to prevent death, or is their life state prop being set to 0 killing then outright?

Not looked at the binary for any of this, suspect dhooks wouldn't be required just a mem patch.

Wonder if consoles escaped messages are client side interpretation or sent from server, if server thats a big hint to where needs patching. Probably easy to find patch place anyway but I don't have time or interest to really look around for it.
Hooking OnTakeDamage won't work. Something still flags them as Deceased.

The console I'm talking about is the server itself. The list of escaped survivors doesn't print out on my in-game console, so perhaps our biggest clue is that list.

I simply lack the knowledge to investigate this myself and I don't care enough about 4+ survivors dying after the rescue vehicle leaves to worry about this, especially on a custom campaign where the finale setup is unpredictable.
Old 11-12-2020 , 08:35   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
For some reason I can't get your plugin to load at all.

The only error is this, even though l4d_efsp.smx is already in the plugins directory:
Code:
[SM] Plugin l4d_efsp.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2020 , 21:18   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
For some reason I can't get your plugin to load at all.

The only error is this, even though l4d_efsp.smx is already in the plugins directory:
Code:
[SM] Plugin l4d_efsp.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
I'm not sure what the cause is for that. I wrote and compiled that plugin on SM 1.11 and it requires Left 4 DHooks.

EDIT: I updated the code just now btw.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 11-12-2020 at 21:27.
Shadowysn
Old 11-18-2020 , 01:31   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
I'm not sure what the cause is for that. I wrote and compiled that plugin on SM 1.11 and it requires Left 4 DHooks.

EDIT: I updated the code just now btw.
SM 1.11? I'm on SM 1.10, bruh.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2020 , 02:02   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
SM 1.11? I'm on SM 1.10, bruh.
You can still compile it on SM 1.10. I didn't use any new functions from 1.11. I just prefer to use that branch.
Old 11-18-2020 , 04:08   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
You can still compile it on SM 1.10. I didn't use any new functions from 1.11. I just prefer to use that branch.
I did, but it still doesn't work. It's almost as if Sourcemod has some kind of hatred towards the name of l4d_efsp, as when I renamed it to something like l4d_efsp_test, it loaded, but the plugin didn't do anything.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2020 , 07:02   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
I did, but it still doesn't work. It's almost as if Sourcemod has some kind of hatred towards the name of l4d_efsp, as when I renamed it to something like l4d_efsp_test, it loaded, but the plugin didn't do anything.
You're the only one who's reporting this issue so far, so I don't know how to help you from here man. The plugin works just fine for me.