Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules

Post New Thread Reply   

allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2014 , 00:25   CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #1

Apparently CS:GO (not sure about other VAC protected games) now detects no spread, no recoil, cvar bypass and some server crashing exploits and bans anyone detected almost instantly for 1 year with a "untrusted account" flag that works like a VAC ban (preventing anyone with it from joining secured servers).

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffens...new_anticheat/

Figured we could have a discussion about this here too even though this isn't directly releated to SMAC. Mods if this is too offtopic feel free to delete/move this thread and my apologies for posting this here.

Last edited by allienaded; 01-02-2014 at 00:31.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-02-2014 , 01:05   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #2

nice.

Ade
I love purple
Old 01-02-2014 , 08:07   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #3

nice, even tho i dont play it, but it's a good q: does this happen only on official servers?
Old 01-02-2014 , 10:45   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #4

I think official servers only ...
Old 01-02-2014 , 13:51   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #5

Yep seems like atleast for now the detection only happens on official servers, the ban though is still global and affects community servers too just like a VAC ban. But atleast we have SMAC which is atleast as good :p Hopefully in the future we will see this detection expanded to community servers and other VAC protected games too.

Last edited by allienaded; 01-02-2014 at 13:52.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-02-2014 , 18:50   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by allienaded View Post
Yep seems like atleast for now the detection only happens on official servers, the ban though is still global and affects community servers too just like a VAC ban. But atleast we have SMAC which is atleast as good :p Hopefully in the future we will see this detection expanded to community servers and other VAC protected games too.
No, the problem with this is that it's trivial for a server to get a client banned - which is why it has to be Valve-managed servers only.
Old 01-03-2014 , 04:09   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
No, the problem with this is that it's trivial for a server to get a client banned - which is why it has to be Valve-managed servers only.
I wonder if this could be enabled on a community server and then that server could manage its own bans.
Old 01-06-2014 , 12:06   Re: CS:GO now detects cheats in similar fashion to some SMAC modules
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
I wonder if this could be enabled on a community server and then that server could manage its own bans.
That would be great.