12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag

Post New Thread Reply   

panxiaohai
Old 10-24-2010 , 23:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackalegator View Post
Hey! Great Plign! Though it is impossible to use in versus (the new version). People are just throwing cars at each other)) Could u please add a gametype check? Caz the new version is great for survival, though in versus I would like to use the old one +The new version of plugin: HOW CAN I DROP an object? caz sometimes if i take my teammate i would like just to put him carefully on the ground)) Thank you anyways
Thank you . I will do something to let this plugin more intersting in versus.
If you grab somthing and want to put it carefully, you just press E, if you want to throw it , press left button.
aka120
Old 10-25-2010 , 02:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #12

Hi panxiaohai,

I registered here just to tell you I'm a fan of your plugins. This one is great for survival mode with players who like to set up a spot to hold out...and this plugin can speed setting things up considerably.

I agree with blackalegator, perhaps there should be a configuration file to disable this plugin for versus type game modes.

Also, would it be possible to include a drop key so objects can be placed where the crosshairs are placed, currently with l4d_pushdrag_v11 I have to move the object(a barrel for example) where I want it and wait for it to automatically drop. It takes about 15 seconds before the object is dropped automatically. Pressing E will slightly push the object and not place it where the crosshairs was positioned to.

Just a couple of ideas, but, you make great plugins and I thank you!
panxiaohai
Old 10-25-2010 , 10:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka120 View Post
Hi panxiaohai,

I registered here just to tell you I'm a fan of your plugins. This one is great for survival mode with players who like to set up a spot to hold out...and this plugin can speed setting things up considerably.

I agree with blackalegator, perhaps there should be a configuration file to disable this plugin for versus type game modes.

Also, would it be possible to include a drop key so objects can be placed where the crosshairs are placed, currently with l4d_pushdrag_v11 I have to move the object(a barrel for example) where I want it and wait for it to automatically drop. It takes about 15 seconds before the object is dropped automatically. Pressing E will slightly push the object and not place it where the crosshairs was positioned to.

Just a couple of ideas, but, you make great plugins and I thank you!
Thank you very much , your suggestion is very good, I can not express myself accurately because my English is not good, I will adjust it in next version, maybe one day later.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2010 , 08:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #14

Version12: This is really nice! I have some suggestions for you:
1. Pushing survivors in > 45° angle incaps them because they fly too far/high. Can you reduce the force a bit please ?
2. As an Infected I can only grab teammates. Every single object I look at it tells me that I cannot grab it.
panxiaohai
Old 10-30-2010 , 10:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
Version12: This is really nice! I have some suggestions for you:
1. Pushing survivors in > 45° angle incaps them because they fly too far/high. Can you reduce the force a bit please ?
2. As an Infected I can only grab teammates. Every single object I look at it tells me that I cannot grab it.
Thank you .
1. I will adjust it.
2. if you change l4d_pushdrag_versus_infected to 3, infected will be able to grab object, but it very dangerous to survivors.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2010 , 11:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #16

Oh, stupid me... Iīve overseen to change the value from 2 to 3...
But there is one problem I encountered on our 10vs10 server: After I installed this plugin we had huge lags, some lost server connection and had to rejoin the server. Is this because of "ongameframe" which checks too often ? After disabling the plugin the pings went back to normal and the disconnect problems were gone.
panxiaohai
Old 10-31-2010 , 00:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
Oh, stupid me... Iīve overseen to change the value from 2 to 3...
But there is one problem I encountered on our 10vs10 server: After I installed this plugin we had huge lags, some lost server connection and had to rejoin the server. Is this because of "ongameframe" which checks too often ? After disabling the plugin the pings went back to normal and the disconnect problems were gone.
I think your guess is right, if I want to fix it , I want to kown : if nobody grab anything, the ping still go to high?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2010 , 01:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #18

It doesnīt matter if you do not grab something. We played for 10 minutes and the game stuttering and lag was permanently present. I am just curious if someone else has made the same experience. 10vs10 means 20 players and OnGameFrame has more to do here than on 4vs4. Maybe itīs too much for the engine. I ran the plugin on linux, I will try it again on windows today and let you know how it performs.
BlackComb
Old 11-10-2010 , 20:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #19

I use this plugin works great. On NO Mercy Campaign ppl cannot get into the elevator.

Anyone else having his problem?
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-30-2010 , 22:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Push And Drag
Reply With Quote #20

do you think you can add another convar for admins only?

only admins can push and drag 0 for anybody 1 for admins only.