[ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steam bot

Post New Thread Reply   

Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:09   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
To retrieve steam's market prices. You can disable the steam market scan in your config.cfg but you won't be able to retrive item name + item value.
I am open to any sugestion if you know a better way of scanning the steam market.
I wont be using the bot for steam market place scans so I will definitely be disabling this. If I do ever need it, I would probably ask if I can self-host the API. A ddyns.net sub-domain doesn't really inspire confidence in terms of reliability or up-time. It also appears your 'key generator' site is home hosted and based on previous posts, outputting SQL debug spew in a production environment. Other then this nitpick with your API, this looks good overall. Thanks for your work.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:16   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
I wont be using the bot for steam market place scans so I will definitely be disabling this. If I do ever need it, I would probably ask if I can self-host the API. A ddyns.net sub-domain doesn't really inspire confidence in terms of reliability or up-time. It also appears your 'key generator' site is home hosted and based on previous posts, outputting SQL debug spew in a production environment. Other then this nitpick with your API, this looks good overall. Thanks for your work.
That broke my heart a little bit. I just had to use a ddns because my home-hosted website is on a router wich is IP change from time to time. If you prefer to modify and recompile ASteambot with my IP address... why not ?

Also, DDNS come from no-ip.com, and since I'm poor, I couldn't afford a better looking ddns address.

EDIT:
SQL output is fixed since long ago, I was a bit in a rush at that moment.

Last edited by Arkarr; 02-22-2018 at 13:20.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:28   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #683

Quote:
I just had to use a ddns because my home-hosted website is on a router wich is IP change from time to time. If you prefer to modify and recompile ASteambot with my IP address... why not ?
If the bot is making API calls it really shouldn't be doing this to a home-hosted server. What happens if you lose power? Does your ISP even allow you to host a web site off your home connection?

Quote:
Also, DDNS come from no-ip.com, and since I'm poor, I couldn't afford a better looking ddns address.
A dot com domain costs $9 a year. A small VPS from Digital Ocean costs $5 a month. I dont know how much traffic you get, but I imagine that small VPS + cloudflare caching will handle it and would offer much better reliability and confidence that this is setup correctly. It seems this project is clearly very popular. If you cant afford these little costs maybe it's time to ask for help from the users?

Quote:
SQL output is fixed since long ago, I was a bit in a rush at that moment.
That really should of never made it to the live version.

I don't mean to break your heart or anything, but the API should definitely be setup a little more professionally for user trust and security.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2018 , 13:40   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #684

Quote:
If the bot is making API calls it really shouldn't be doing this to a home-hosted server. What happens if you lose power? Does your ISP even allow you to host a web site off your home connection?
http://arkarrsourceservers.ddns.net/ point to a server that is NOT hosted on my home (wich is the API), http://raspberrypimaison.ddns.net/ do point to my home.
A dude who is using ASteambot generously allowed me to host the API on his dedicated server, thank you mate !
http://steamcommunity.com/id/EtherealBeacon/
His steam profile

Quote:
A dot com domain costs $9 a year. A small VPS from Digital Ocean costs $5 a month. I dont know how much traffic you get, but I imagine that small VPS + cloudflare caching will handle it and would offer much better reliability and confidence that this is setup correctly. It seems this project is clearly very popular. If you cant afford these little costs maybe it's time to ask for help from the users?
$9 + (12*5)$ = 69$/year

I don't want to beg or anything, but I do have other costs right now. I can't really allow me that.

Quote:
That really should of never made it to the live version.

I don't mean to break your heart or anything, but the API should definitely be setup a little more professionally for user trust and security.
I agree with you haha... It was live like.. 1 houre. Enough to cause harm, I know, but actually, only my steam ID and my personal API key was displayed.

Last edited by Arkarr; 02-22-2018 at 13:41.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2018 , 12:05   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #685

To everyone, I just noticed that bot logged with android device doesn't really generate all the info required. So, it's *highly* recommended to link authenticator through ASteambot.
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2018 , 14:50   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #686

That's it. I'm done. I definitily sucks at explaining things.

***I need help for description because if I continue like this right now, I might not stay alive for long.***

Old 03-09-2018 , 10:05   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #687

I have a problem with the bot, that the sourcemod core cant connect to the bot on the server.
I running debian with mono to run the bot.
My question is how to set to the bot the external reachable ip?
When i start the bot always it says that: Listening on 127.0.0.1:4765.
On the gameserverside i have set my external ip. The port on the server is open and already checked.
On the Gameserver i get the error from sockets: [ASteambot_Core.smx] [ASteambot - Core] - socket error 3 (errno 1)
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2018 , 15:11   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeg View Post
I have a problem with the bot, that the sourcemod core cant connect to the bot on the server.
I running debian with mono to run the bot.
My question is how to set to the bot the external reachable ip?
When i start the bot always it says that: Listening on 127.0.0.1:4765.
On the gameserverside i have set my external ip. The port on the server is open and already checked.
On the Gameserver i get the error from sockets: [ASteambot_Core.smx] [ASteambot - Core] - socket error 3 (errno 1)
Are you sure that your port is correctly opened and not usued by any other software ? Are your servers on the same machine that is running ASteambot ? Did you correctly put the IP and port in config file (cvar) ? Add me on steam for more infos.
Old 03-10-2018 , 00:47   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #689

Error getting response stream (ReadDone1): ReceiveFailure
Error while fetching CSGO's market :

I seem to be getting this issue.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2018 , 14:33   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steambot
Reply With Quote #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rkey View Post
Error getting response stream (ReadDone1): ReceiveFailure
Error while fetching CSGO's market :

I seem to be getting this issue.
It's fixed. Thanks for bug report. Also, I updated to V 1.9.93, wich fix some bugs for some OS. Also updated updater, so it's now working on all platforms with mono <3 !