Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Item Buy System for Left 4 Dead 2
    Old 11-27-2009 , 04:06   [L4D2] Item buying System v1.36
    Reply With Quote #1

{updated to version 1.36}
    This is (-DR-)GrammerNatzi's Item buy system updated to support L4D2 with some help from ASAKI and Devilfish. Right now this plugin should be considered BETA, use at your own risk. I am working on ironing the bugs out but it's far from a finished product in it's current state.

Let's say this right off the bat, I am not a coder so the coding of this plugin could use some work (well at least the parts I wrote). I will do my best to update and fix the current issues and try to get everything working as it should.

Steam Group!!
    In an effort to promote the plugin, the servers running the plugin, and making it easier for people to find servers running the plugin I have made a steam group. I currently have my two servers on the steam group. The Steam group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/l4d2points

Server Admins: If you want to add your server to the Steam group just add this line to your Server.cfg

sv_steamgroup "1280631"

I believe you can add multiple steam groups (if you already have one) by seperating them with a comma like this:

sv_steamgroup "1280631, 1280631"

The only requirement that I ask for is if your going to add your server to the steam group please use the item buy plugin on your server.

What Works right now:
    - You can earn points
    - You can buy items
    - You can use !repeatbuy
    - Admins can give points
    - Admins can use !heal and !refill
    - Disable certain weapons or whole weapon categories
    - Disabled Weapons / Weapons Categories dissappear from the !usepoints menu

Melee weapons are not included in this plugin.

Working Commands:

!points - Displays current point total
    !usepoints - Use points to buy items
    !heal - (Admin Only) Gives 100 health
    !refill - (Admin Only) Refills Ammo
    !repeatbuy - Repeats your last purchase
    !clientsetpoints [playername] [No. of points] - (Admin Only) Allows the admin to set the amount of points a player has
    !clientgivepoints [playername] [No. of points] - (Admin Only) Allows the admin to give points to a player

Known Issues
    None at the moment but I'm sure that will change.

Version 1.36
    - Added splash damage to the charger, basically more points for charging into a pack of people
    - Added Jockey gets more points while riding on a survivor
    - Fixed several errors (a big thanks goes to Skorpion1976)
    - Points now reset after every round, I may make an option later to adjust this.
    -- This solution solves several issues people have been having.
    - The plugin's filename has been changed, this will be the last time until the 1.4 set arrives.

Version 1.351
    - Fixed the Mega Mob bug it will now trigger Panic Event (I coulda sworn I fixed this ages ago . oh well)

Version 1.35
    - Fixed the timer glitch
    - Fixed Rounding Error
    - Added the Laser Sight
    - Added the Incendiary and Explosive Upgrades (converts your clip into incendiary or explosive)
    - Added Incendiary Ammo Pack
    - Added a better more secure way of disabling the points system per gamemode

Version 1.341
    - Fixed a glitch that caused the new special infected to not spawn

Version 1.34
    - Fixed an error that causes the Explosives menu to fail
    - Added support for spawning the new special infected

Version 1.33
    - Disabled weapons now disappear from the !usepoints menu
    - Can disable whole weapon categories i.e. disable all health items
    - Removed admin gifting function
    - Gascan now listed in explosives menu
    - Ammo refill added to ammo category
    - Others fixes that I don't remember

Version 1.32
    - Totally redid the explosives menu, now it should all be correct and working
    - Explosive ammo is now working
    - Fixed several other small bugs

Version 1.31
    Includes ASAKI's fixes
    - Can now buy the spas shotgun
    - Can buy chainsaw (under pistols ETC)
    - !repeatbuy now works
    - Vomitjar is now listed correctly
    Fixes done by me
    - Reset points is now enabled by default
    - Ability to disable points SPENDING on any game mode (even versus)
    -- This is currently done by disabling the !usepoints menu, it may change to another method when/if I think of a better way
    -- See "Turning the Points system on / off" in the list of convars above

What's Coming Up
    - No melee weapons at this time
    - Ability to reset points after every map
    - A cleaner easier to use menu system
    - Add-ons, these will be separate smaller plugins that rely on the primary plugin to do all the grunt work such as tracking points. The purpose of add-ons is to allow new features such as perks, melee weapons, etc while leaving the option of having a basic slim plugin for those who don't want all the fancy features.
    - Perks!!! Included in the upcoming 1.4 series will be the famous perks from L4D1
    - Lastly, I want to focus on balancing versus, seeing as I don't typically play versus this means I will have to rely heavily on the help and feedback of others.
    - If you want to add a feature to this plugin feel free to post it in this thread or PM me

FAQ

When Will version 1.4 be out??
    Maybe sometime in the summer when I have some free time.

What's expected in 1.4?

I hope to have "add-ons" the first two add-ons may be perks and melee weapons. Add-ons will be optional this will keep the main plugin smaller for those who don't want perks, melee weapons, etc.

What kind of Perks will be available?
    I'm unsure as of right now, in the first release of 1.4 I will try to include as many of the popular ones from L4D1 as I can.

The CSS weapons are doing no damage, what's up with that?
    L4D2 initially loads the CSS guns incorrectly (from what I understand anyway)

Okay .. so how do I fix the CSS guns?
    You have to spawn each and every CSS gun and then reload the map

But I'm lazy, I don't wanna spawn every gun every time I restart my server. Is there an easier way?
    Yes, Thanks to Triggerman we can use Stripper:Source You need to install Stripper from Stripper Source's Website: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/ and then follow Trigger Man's advice here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...5&postcount=14
    *Using Triggerman's method you still have to change/reload the map after you start the server

I'm not a server admin, I just wanna use the points system. Is there a list of servers that use the points system?
    Well, no there is not a list BUT you can search Game-Monitor or you this link: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...me=left4dead22

*EDIT*
    Yes there are CSS guns available via this plugin but in order to use them without issues you need to follow triggerman's advice. You can find it here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...5&postcount=14
    Updated convars so that they now show up in L4DPoints.cfg (Thanks ASAKI for the help)
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg L4DPoints.cfg (11.2 KB, 17685 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4DPointsandGift_en_1.3x.sp - 29454 views - 105.3 KB)

Last edited by psychonic; 02-15-2010 at 09:22. Reason: No need to attach smx when sp compiles fine on forum
    ASAKI
    BANNED
    Old 11-27-2009 , 04:45   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #2

THX!
    Very nice plugin.
    Send a message via ICQ to ASAKI Send a message via AIM to ASAKI Send a message via Yahoo to ASAKI Send a message via Skype™ to ASAKI
    ldoh0112
    Old 11-27-2009 , 04:49   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #3

Thanks. I wanted to this
    ASAKI
    BANNED
    Old 11-27-2009 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #4

Hi.
    Does L4D2 Price Convars being reflected in L4DPoints.cfg now?
    Send a message via ICQ to ASAKI Send a message via AIM to ASAKI Send a message via Yahoo to ASAKI Send a message via Skype™ to ASAKI
    ASAKI
    BANNED
    Old 11-27-2009 , 08:20   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #5

PHP Code:
     adrenalinepoints CreateConVar("points_price_adrenaline","15","How many points a shot costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0); 

defibpoints CreateConVar("points_price_defib","40","How many points a defib costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

spasshotpoints CreateConVar("points_price_spasshot","35","How many points a Spas Shotgun costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

chromeshotpoints CreateConVar("points_price_chromeshot","35","How many points a chrome shotgun costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

magnumpoints CreateConVar("points_price_magnum","15","How many points a Magnum costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

ak47points CreateConVar("points_price_ak47","35","How many points an AK47 costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

desertpoints CreateConVar("points_price_desert","35","How many points a desert rifle costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

sg552points CreateConVar("points_price_sg552","35","How many points a SG552 rifle costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

silencedsmgpoints CreateConVar("points_price_silencedsmg","15","How many points a Silenced SMG costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

mp5points CreateConVar("points_price_mp5","35","How many points a MP5 SMG costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

awppoints CreateConVar("points_price_awp","40","How many points an AWP sniper rifle costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

militarypoints CreateConVar("points_price_military","40","How many points a military sniper rifle costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

scoutpoints CreateConVar("points_price_scout","40","How many points a scout sniper rifle costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

grenadepoints CreateConVar("points_price_grenade","50","How many points a grenade launcher costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

fireworkpoints CreateConVar("points_price_firework","20","How many points a fireworks crate costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

gascanpoints CreateConVar("points_price_gascan","5","How many points a gascan costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

oxygenpoints CreateConVar("points_price_oxygen","5","How many points an oxygen tank costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

propanepoints CreateConVar("points_price_propane","5","How many points a propane tank costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0);

explosivepoints CreateConVar("points_price_explosive","10","How many points the explosive bullets upgade costs.",CVAR_FLAGStrue, -1.0); 
    It solved it though time was spent by the thing changed to the content of the over description.
    Drakcol
    Old 11-27-2009 , 14:00   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #6

Thanks for the help ASAKI, I completely missed that. I've updated the plugin above and it should be working now. Hopefully sometime today I'll have time to finish the admin gifting menus.
    ASAKI
    BANNED
    Old 11-27-2009 , 14:25   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #7

Thank you for comment.
    There is another thing bringing myself to a piece of, but what is thought about with a cause when I cannot give an enemy damage even if I can purchase the following item?

SMG[MP5]
    RIFLE[SG552]
    AWP Sniper
    Scout Sniper

In addition, I am very thankful if I have you add it because there are not a vomit jar and an item of the ammunition supplement if possible.

sorry,my bad english.
    Drakcol
    Old 11-27-2009 , 15:16   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #8

Ya people are having similar problems with the new tankbuster plugin as well. Sadly it seems these weapons only work on certain maps (that or as someone on the tankbuster 2 thread mentioned it may be a preloading issue), I'm trying to figure out what the cause of the problem is. Hopefully it'll be something simple.
    triggerman
    Old 11-27-2009 , 16:17   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #9

the CSS weapons ONLY work after being spawned and then having a map change take place. so spawn them then change or restart the map and they should work everywhere in all maps from that point on untill the server is restarted. note only the ones you spawned before the map change will work after it.
    KrankFL
    Old 11-27-2009 , 18:10   Re: [L4D2] Item buying System
    Reply With Quote #10

Hey there, nice plugin, however, that infected can purchase tanks for only 35 points is a bit ridiculous, I have forced the command for tank purchases to -1 but it keeps resetting to 35 every map load, even though i have it set in autoexec, server.cfg and another custom cfg, no matter what I do it keeps resetting, is there a way to remove the tank completely? it ruins every map with tanks at the start.

Never mind, i'm such a git, already recompiled the sp file with -1 forced

Last edited by KrankFL; 11-27-2009 at 18:30.