Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Weather Control (1.17) [12-Mar-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

5ifty7even
Old 11-05-2012 , 11:45   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #81

Would it be possible to have different map specific post processing settings? ie: maps with rain/storm id like to use the setting 0.50 and on maps with no rain 0.00 so id still have clear view but create a darkend sky with thunder/lightning when using a storm trigger
MoebiuZ
Old 11-29-2012 , 18:35   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #82

It's possible to add a cvar to deactivate weather for community maps? Instead having to make a "null" section for each one installed, like the Hard Rain section.
abc1208
Old 03-31-2013 , 10:08   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #83

Great Job.
I want to ask how to add the "Weather Control" menu to my admin menu???
Thanks.
usa long live
BANNED
Old 04-05-2013 , 13:46   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #84

Nausea L4D2! Perché non è possibile L4D1?
totoraven
Old 05-16-2013 , 11:50   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #85

Thanks this is really helpful when you want to make a scenario or a snapshot
Dr.Boo
Old 06-21-2013 , 04:30   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #86

I'm very sorry to be bumping this thread but I have a question.
I'm a mapper and I'm currently working on a L4D2 campaign (I'm the author of the already released Haunted Forest for those who know it). My new campaign is set in a snowy landscape.

For the second map, I'd like to play around with dynamic weather. It's set at dusk/early evening. I'd like to achieve the following effect: on one runthrough, it's dusk, so it's getting darker than on map 1 (map 1 is afternoon) with only light snowfall. On another runthrough, I still want it to be dusk and thus darker than map 1, but I want to use another skybox where the clouds look a little more menacing and where the snowfall is more dense and the fog is thicker. It should also be a little more dark than on the other runthrough since it's more cloudy.
I know how to change snowfall density in Hammer and I know how to handle the fog too.

However, I have no idea how to change the skybox nor do I know how to change the global lighting like you gentlemen did with the Weather Control plugin.
I'm not asking you to do it all for me, but can you give me pointers on how it's done? Is it even possible in Hammer?
I'd use a logic_case entity to randomly enable one scenario or the other.

Also, since you guys seem to have played around a lot with lighting settings, could you give me an advice on what values to use for the light snowfall and the cloudy, denser snowfall scenario? I want to make sure they both have the dusk-feeling, but the denser snowfall scenario should be a little darker and feel slightly more menacing.
Any advice on what values to use for my light entity?

Any info that points me in the right direction would help.
I know this isn't a mapper's forum, but I have no idea who else I could ask other than the creators of this impressive plugin.

Last edited by Dr.Boo; 06-21-2013 at 04:32.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2013 , 16:33   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #87

EDIT: Is working fine, no problems at all.

Last edited by Sev; 07-31-2013 at 17:38.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-12-2013 , 07:15   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.5) [23-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #88

Plugin updated:

1.6 (12-Aug-2013)
- Added snow.
- Added command "sm_snows" to toggle snow on and off.
- Added data config keys "snow", "snow_idle", "snow_storm", to control when snow is enabled.
- Fixed duplicate key entry for "fog_idle_start" in the data. Replaced with the correct "fog_storm_start" key.

Replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikal767 View Post
Hello,Silvers..
I have try to make random weather appear in my server.
But it didn't work. Maybe I setting wrong....
For example...c2m1_highway the weather was Sunny
I change other map,then change map to c2m1_highway again
The weather still was Sunny
But I change to c2m2_fairgrounds,the wather have change to SunnyRainy
Is this normal?
Can you told me how to set the random weather?
There is my l4d2_storm.cfg

Sorry for my poor english,I think you will read this very hard
It looks like the data will load from the "random" section, meaning it could be any of those. If you still have issues PM me and I can try to help some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo View Post
Anyone know how to setting weather and map lighting just like Death Toll map, i feel no lag when playing in all L4D1 campaigns.
Copy paste the settings? But they will not look good on all maps, some need to be customised on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ifty7even View Post
Would it be possible to have different map specific post processing settings? ie: maps with rain/storm id like to use the setting 0.50 and on maps with no rain 0.00 so id still have clear view but create a darkend sky with thunder/lightning when using a storm trigger
I may add an option the data config to override the cvar. This is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoebiuZ View Post
It's possible to add a cvar to deactivate weather for community maps? Instead having to make a "null" section for each one installed, like the Hard Rain section.
I don't know of a way to detect what's official and not other than matching all the map names (something I don't do) so I guess you'll have to add them manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1208 View Post
Great Job.
I want to ask how to add the "Weather Control" menu to my admin menu???
Thanks.
Easy yourself: http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Custom_Admin_Menu_(SourceMod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa long live View Post
Nausea L4D2! Perché non è possibile L4D1?
Because this uses VScripts, a bunch of sounds and particles which are not present in L4D1, this plugin was a copy of the Hard Rain storm, a map created for L4D2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoraven View Post
Thanks this is really helpful when you want to make a scenario or a snapshot
Glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Boo View Post
I'm a mapper and I'm currently working on a L4D2 campaign (I'm the author of the already released Haunted Forest for those who know it).

Any info that points me in the right direction would help.
I know this isn't a mapper's forum, but I have no idea who else I could ask other than the creators of this impressive plugin.
Hah I used to play that map a lot. I'm surprised you don't know how to change the skybox? I simply copied stuff from Hard Rain and found out a few other bits. The Skybox was done by a cvar. Through Hammer I'm not sure but if you search google or the Valve developer wiki I'm sure you can find out. Or just open map for Hard Rain etc in Hammer, that's a good way to check things.
Old 08-13-2013 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.6) [12-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #89

I've noticed when I have this plugin active, its stops some of my server.cfg working correctly. I it set to spawn mobs every 15 seconds, although when this plugin is load, it appears just to default everything.

Why is that?
worminater
Old 08-13-2013 , 15:53   Re: [L4D2] Weather Control (1.6) [12-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D2eXtreme View Post
I've noticed when I have this plugin active, its stops some of my server.cfg working correctly. I it set to spawn mobs every 15 seconds, although when this plugin is load, it appears just to default everything.

Why is that?
Are you using a plugin for the mob spawn? I run a pretty customised server and haven't had any issues with this plugin interferring with anything.

What commands are you using for the mob spawns if no plugin? perhaps paste in your config and i'll see what happens on mine. Is it every game mode or a specific mode?

Last edited by worminater; 08-13-2013 at 15:54.