Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Using two tables in one SQL database

Post New Thread Reply   

Lt Llama
Old 02-14-2006 , 01:15   Using two tables in one SQL database
Reply With Quote #1

Im not shure I have done the right thing. My plugin reads and writes to two SQL tables. As I have coded it the plugin_init is calling two tasks with a slight delay to init and connect to db. Is this really necessary? Do I only need to connect once to the database and then I can query both tables when connected?

It works now, but occationally there is a connection error in one or both result handles for the db connection. This happened once when the server had a lot of players and it was laggy.

From plugin_init:
Code:
// Connect to dabatase and init tables set_task(5.0, "sql_init_ranks") set_task(7.0, "sql_init_maps")

Init table 1:
Code:
// Init the ranks database public sql_init_ranks() {     new host[64], username[32], password[32], dbname[32], error[32]     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_host",host,64)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_user",username,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_pass",password,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_db",dbname,32)     dbcRanks = dbi_connect(host,username,password,dbname,error,32)     if (dbcRanks == SQL_FAILED) {         log_amx("[AMXX: SKILLRANK] SQL Connection Failed to table skillrank")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     } else {     dbi_query(dbcRanks,"CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `skillrank` ( `steamId` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,`nickNames` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, `nFinnished` INT NOT NULL, `rankTotal` INT NOT NULL, `primaryRank` INT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(`steamId`))")     }     dbi_free_result(resultRanks)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

Init table 2:
Code:
// Init the maps database public sql_init_maps() {     new host[64], username[32], password[32], dbname[32], error[32]     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_host",host,64)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_user",username,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_pass",password,32)     get_cvar_string("amx_sql_db",dbname,32)     dbcMaps = dbi_connect(host,username,password,dbname,error,32)     if (dbcMaps == SQL_FAILED) {         log_amx("[AMXX: SKILLRANK] SQL Connection Failed to table skillmaps")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     } else {     dbi_query(dbcMaps,"CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `skillmaps` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `steamId` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,`nickNames` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, `mapName` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, `playerClass` INT NOT NULL, `curDate` VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, `curTime` VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL, `difficulty` INT NOT NULL, `runTime` INT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(`id`))")     }     dbi_free_result(resultMaps)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-14-2006 , 01:29  
Reply With Quote #2

You do only need 1 connection to the server. Both SQL quaries to different tables can be from the same SQL connection. (So long as their in the same database of course)
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Lt Llama
Old 02-14-2006 , 01:39  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
You do only need 1 connection to the server. Both SQL quaries to different tables can be from the same SQL connection. (So long as their in the same database of course)
Thanks. I was afraid this could be a problem in the plugin.
So I can just change my two
Code:
new Sql:dbcRanks new Sql:dbcMaps

to one Sql handle?
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-14-2006 , 01:45  
Reply With Quote #4

yeah, should work.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Xanimos
Veteran Member