Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]

Post New Thread Reply   

LordOfNothing
BANNED
Old 11-13-2013 , 05:07   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #11

what the hell is this spam ??

what you try to do please explain me better i just dont understand ...

i try read first post but i dont understand .. so if you can explain , thanks !
kiki33hun
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2013 , 06:50   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #12

Dekupla post, nice, CookieCrumbler!
Old 11-13-2013 , 08:57   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #13

It's a lot of spam but nothing is done for now.

Code:
// ********* Strip CounterStrike Functionality ********* \\

{ remove buy_zone }
{ Remove Spawn Pistol }
{ remove win_round : CT_Win T_Win }
{ remove round_time and round_end }
{ remove HUD [You have killed an enemy . Elimanate rest of the other team ] message }
{ bypass MOTD : Implement Toggable CVAR quake_motd [=value] 0 off 1 on }
{ bypass Select Team VGUI : [Team Deathmatch] Implement Menu 1. Red Team 2. Blue Team }
{ bypass Select Team VGUI : [Deathmatch FFA ] Auto join player to any team automatically}
Are you sure that's all? What about hostages, bomb sites and so on...?

You did a lot of messages, but please take a bit care of them, try to set the multilingual lines into code and replace HUD_ JETPACK with HUD_JETPACK.

What do you think about view (v_*) and world (w_*) weapon models? Cause you only talked about player (p_*) weapon models.

I'm just awaiting to see some Quake game modification that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki33hun View Post
Dekupla post, nice, CookieCrumbler!
This answer seems too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfNothing View Post
what the hell is this spam ??

what you try to do please explain me better i just dont understand ...

i try read first post but i dont understand .. so if you can explain , thanks !
I suggest you to not browse these places anymore, try do another things you may find more easily than reading.
In my opinion, this subject is a game modification request. Do you even read what you click on?

Last edited by claudiuhks; 11-13-2013 at 09:03.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
CookieCrumbler
Old 11-13-2013 , 10:01   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
Are you sure that's all? What about hostages, bomb sites and so on...?
Are you sure those are needed, so long as the objectives are not placed in map ? Or would this be benificial like reducing the ENTITY count and the MAX_ restrictions placed on the engine to reduce crashes and errors ?

Quote:
You did a lot of messages, but please take a bit care of them, try to set the multilingual lines into code and replace HUD_ JETPACK with HUD_JETPACK.
Do you mean write up PAWN for them ? And do you mean placing a dot at the end of each ML string ?

Quote:
What do you think about view (v_*) and world (w_*) weapon models? Cause you only talked about player (p_*) weapon models.
All will be implemented Also do you think it might be a good idea to pack them into one model to either save on bogging down scripting or just for effiency purposes

Quote:
I'm just awaiting to see some Quake game modification that works.
Same here , there is a plugin by Diablix here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=152281 but the owner has not personally posted the source code in the thread for one, as its a private plugin and i think he scrapped it and is trying to rework it all again from scratch, somebody did post the source code though, and on top of that im not sure if the Author has any intent of finishing it. Plus some of the code is in Polish and mosly all the Language Strings for everything is in Polish.

Also I think Arkshine implied that the coding was not written up to great , i downloaded the .sma and .inc and compilied it , but the link that was posted in the thread with the models and sprites and sounds no longer works and I cannot find them anywhere on the internet.

But i did get it to load it up in game despite that, and the design is nothing in comparision to the format laid out here with menus and such forth for things ... where as this will be more seamless less bogged down by menus or anythnig and more about implementing gameplay function automatically.

I dont mean any disrespect either towards diablix plugin or "trying to steal his thunder" as one might put it, I thought this would probably serve bettter as a module so i posted it here instead of in Plugin Request, or at least a module with PAWN plugin with intergration maybe, rather then all of it in a plugin. Which ever one works best I dont want this project to be sloppy code or outdated code but only using the latest and best methods.

Some of Diablix code as well as GHW's code from Power Up Mod Plugin 2.0 http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=16998 may be usefull toward this project.

If we cannot entice someone kind enough to help put even little pieces of it together I am willing to pay a good amount for someone to make it happen and would do so glady and would stipulate to who ever i paid to make it that it must be open source for all the community to enjoy. But hopefully some people might help out just for the fact that its quake we are talking about here and its legacy and the gratitude we owe to this great game for giving us the GoldSrc Engine , HL CS etc.

Im mainly putting up resources like in the first post and doing extensive research so we get it spot on so far as all the Gameplay objectives and dynamics that need to be implemented.

Hopefully Arkshine , Connor , Alka , joaquim , joropito, etc might stick there head in by this thread some time and suggest some things about how they might think it would best work. Especially Arkshine with his extensive knowledge on the weapons aspect of things with his knowledge from writing up WeaponMod.

And other then that, all hail the Goldsrc Engine and its Quake Heritage

*Edit *
Also for anyone silly enough to ask silly questions ( please dont ask it by the way )

Quote:
Originally Posted by duja5 View Post
why not just play quake instead of turning the whole counter-strike into quake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
You can say that for a lot of plugins. It's irrelevant. Personally I just like such gameplay and like to code in HL1, that's all and it's enough/worth to try something. And I think people want to stay on CS (because of friends/community/whatever the reason) but won't mind having some new way of entertainment.

Last edited by CookieCrumbler; 11-13-2013 at 11:52.
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-13-2013 , 12:45   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #15

Using CS as baseline...

PROS:
- there's a lot of users ready to play without modifications on client side

CONS:
- it's a big work to do (removing or blocking CS specifics)
- you can't fully customize hud
- you still spent resources (memory, cpu) on unused "resources"
- you have a limited number of weapons (don't remember how many are in Q)

If user database isn't a problem, so ppl should download the game, you can go for a gamedll custom mod for HL1 (also HL2!!!!).
I think it wont be too much work to do porting original Q source code to a game mod.
Big work it's about models and mapping.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 11-13-2013 , 13:23   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrumbler View Post
Are you sure those are needed, so long as the objectives are not placed in map ? Or would this be benificial like reducing the ENTITY count and the MAX_ restrictions placed on the engine to reduce crashes and errors ?
You've been talking about removing the buy zones. A default map always contains at least two buy zones. If you will create more specific maps for Quake in Counter-Strike or Condition Zero, then you will just have to not set up buy zone entities. Of course, I know a player will be able to run buy command in its spawn point even if the map does not have any buy zone entity. I just didn't know you've been talking about creating more specific maps. Of course, a less entities count will result in more frames both for the server or client. Be careful at entities that link themselves.

Quote:
Do you mean write up PAWN for them ? And do you mean placing a dot at the end of each ML string ?
You unfortunately added a space to string.

Quote:
All will be implemented Also do you think it might be a good idea to pack them into one model to either save on bogging down scripting or just for effiency purposes
I didn't ever see that. I think v_model, w_model and p_model variables should all be set to a client from different precached and allocated models.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 11-13-2013 at 13:25.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-13-2013 , 14:39   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
A default map may contains at least two buy zones.
Fixed. But it's ok, another thing to remove from CS. There are lot of things to be removed (hostages, buy zones, c4 zones, radio, team & class select, GOGOGO sound plus others, recoil maybe? money)

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
CookieCrumbler
Old 11-13-2013 , 15:16   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by joropito View Post
Using CS as baseline...

PROS:
- there's a lot of users ready to play without modifications on client side

CONS:
- it's a big work to do (removing or blocking CS specifics)
- you can't fully customize hud
- you still spent resources (memory, cpu) on unused "resources"
- you have a limited number of weapons (don't remember how many are in Q)

If user database isn't a problem, so ppl should download the game, you can go for a gamedll custom mod for HL1 (also HL2!!!!).
I think it wont be too much work to do porting original Q source code to a game mod.
Big work it's about models and mapping.
The PROS , yes that is definitely the upside that CS and HLDM are the only 2 major official GoldSrc games that have a player base in comparision to TFC , DMC , and Ricochet.

The CONS , yes it is big work but MAX_ limits and Entity Count came straight to mind when I was thinking it up, because as I understand it these things and also the others that you mentioned like c4zone, sounds , weapons themselves are entity based and thought maybe removing these would drop the entity count ? Is that true ? also if true are they called even when not part of a gameplay such as a jail_ map is it still counting that as an entity though its not actually in a jail_ map.

HUD is no problem I dont think we need to create .tgas for anything, the standard CS HUD and Chat serves a well enough purpose for health etc.

"custom mod for HL1 (also HL2!!!!)." We will see if we can pull it off for CS first and HL2 Source engine eeewwwy gooey yucky Sticky icky I hate that thing. the game feel as far as dynamics go as you know the CS 1.6 community is really emotional when it comes to how they love the way the Hl1 Engine feels in comparison to Source engine as is also why CSP was trying to achieve the 1.6 feel on the source engine with there efforts.

As for resources are they still using memory if you use C++ to nullify them, as all Goldsrc engine games as you know back when CS was free and was just a folder you stuck in your Halflife directory you would actually load up Halflife and choose the game CS or whatever, but CS is now standalone but still requires the HL engine behind it to power it , therefore could it be said that you could nullify things so you have a sort of clean slate of just the Engine with CS functions blocked by C.

And as for the large amount of content as seen of first page , I guess if its to much compromises could be made but the weapons on the front page are the full list that part is done 12 Weapons total , 1 of them is Gauntlet which is effectivly "the knife or crowbar" as to say, but Quake 1 , QuakeWorld, DMC only have 6 weapons i think it is.

Claud : As stated yes even if func_buyzone is not in map there are still ways around that like the spawnpoint. I think some mappers actually put fake buy zones up in the corner of there map where they know no one will ever reach them.

Last edited by CookieCrumbler; 11-13-2013 at 15:35.
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 11-13-2013 , 16:52   Re: [ Request ] Quake Mod for CS Module [ Development Thread ]
Reply With Quote #19

Just block them (cs specific events), I don't see any big work behind that