Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Setting attributes to be server-wide

Post New Thread Reply   

dharma_bum
Old 08-01-2012 , 02:09   Setting attributes to be server-wide
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I was wondering if there was an easy way to set item changes to effect every client on the server and not just specific steam id's.

It's taken me a really long time to even figure out how to work as much as it as I have, so please bear with me if the answer was staring me in the face the whole time.

I basically want to run a trolldier event where everyone would need rocket jumper/ mantreads/ market gardener. Because these are all items only a limited amount of players have, I'd like to set, for the duration of the event, every soldier primary to have rocket jumper attributes, every soldier secondary to have mantread attributes and so forth for the shovel.

Even if I run into issues with the mantreads being completely different as an item, this would still help a whole lot and open up a ton of really great events in the future. I'm always racking my brain for more, and lets face it, class v class battles get a little boring after a while.

edit:

wait, I feel dumb. Would I just set an admin flag to ""? Would that mean that there is no flag requirement and therefore any client has access?

Last edited by dharma_bum; 08-01-2012 at 02:21.
SlimeCounty
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-01-2012 , 03:00   Re: Setting attributes to be server-wide
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma_bum View Post
...Would I just set an admin flag to ""? ...
If we're talking about useing tf2items and tf2items.weapons.txt, then yes, either setting admin flag to blank or completely removing the admin flag line will result in all set attributes being applied to all players.
Old 08-01-2012 , 12:52   Re: Setting attributes to be server-wide
Reply With Quote #3

hah, yea I'd been wondering how to break that puzzle all day. I usually just use this plugin tied to steam id's, and never bother with flags much. of course the second i post i figure it out.

thanks for the confirmation.