Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

JayXsane
Old 12-17-2010 , 09:17   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
PHP Code:
public OnMapStart()
{
 if( 
FileExists"scripts/melee/huntingknife.txt" ) )
 {

AddFileToDownloadsTable"scripts/melee/huntingknife.txt" );

g_bKnifeAloud true;
 }
 if( 
FileExists"scripts/melee/riot_shield.txt" ) )
 {

AddFileToDownloadsTable"scripts/melee/riot_shield.txt" );

g_bShieldAloud true;
 }

Maybe this works for you guys who have, the scripts in your directory, but i tested that it doesnt work for new public players which are connecting to the specified server for the first time, their client will just freeze and theyre forced to disconnect after few minutes.

Therefore its recommended to remove the melee script files from your server and all people will connect just fine. The bad thing is that you wont get knife and shield
That isn't really an issue with the ZIP we put together. That's just Left4Dead 2 being a dumb ass. Valve has a broken Download Table, so new people can't download the scripts needed to join.
The way I got mine to work was to send them this link and told them to move the Addons, Cfg and Scripts folder to this folder.

X:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2

Although, I myself have taken it out since I got annoyed with people raging at the sight of the Riot and Knife (followed by crying about mods or hacks), then leaving causing my Versus to end. But when I had it on, which was like... 2 days ago or so, it was working fine.

Also, Brian, could it just be another plugin interfering with this one?
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane
fpsbrian
Old 12-18-2010 , 19:49   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayXsane View Post
That isn't really an issue with the ZIP we put together. That's just Left4Dead 2 being a dumb ass. Valve has a broken Download Table, so new people can't download the scripts needed to join.
The way I got mine to work was to send them this link and told them to move the Addons, Cfg and Scripts folder to this folder.

X:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2

Although, I myself have taken it out since I got annoyed with people raging at the sight of the Riot and Knife (followed by crying about mods or hacks), then leaving causing my Versus to end. But when I had it on, which was like... 2 days ago or so, it was working fine.

Also, Brian, could it just be another plugin interfering with this one?

I'm thinking it might be SRS but I'm not sure...
Old 12-24-2010 , 08:56   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #373

thanks to the maker of this plugin, it really looks cool when you see 20 melee weapons scattered at the start of every map, hehe
Zbeer
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-15-2011 , 08:34   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #374

Great plugin! Works fine.

N3wton, could you release a similar plugin to spawn shooting weapons?
This way, we can choose wich weapons to spawn beyond default weapons.

Thanks!
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-25-2011 , 17:37   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #375

Added Plugin Description, approved.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"