12% 

Admin Grab v1.2

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff       
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2023 , 07:07   Admin Grab v1.2
Reply With Quote #1

Description :- A Better admin grab plugin with extra features, You can grab any object you desire in the map, as well you can grab multiple objects at once but first you need to select the desired objects to grab, to select an object you need to aim on an object then press 'R' (+Reload) Key, same thing for deselecting, Now if you want to deselect all objects at once, all you need to do is tap 'R' Key three times in less than a second, After that to move one object you need to aim on it and then hold the 'E' (+Use) Key, while when you have multiple objects selected all you need to do is Hold 'E' (+Use) Key.

Now there's a toggle method for activating the grab ability.

To enable/disable grab ability you need to hold the 'R' (+reload) Key for approximately 2.5 seconds, this value is change-able in the sma. (grab ability is disabled by default)

There's an object properties menu, that you can open when you're holding the object\s by pressing 'F' (impulse 100), for brush entities you can rotate them clone them as well restore them to their original origin, next you've clone entities you can do to them the same as brush entities but you can also remove them, point entities you can do the same as a regular brush entities but you can't restore them back to their original position, while for the player entity currently there're some stuff you can do to a player which are heal, un/set godmode, un/set noclip, freeze/unfreeze.

Last but not least is you can throw a player when you're grabbing him/her by pressing 'G' (drop) key.

* Commands
Authorizes a player to be able to grab objects.
  • amx_authorize_grab
    <name/steam/#userid>
    Strips a player from the ability to grab objects.
  • amx_strip_grab
    <name/steamid/#userid>

* Changelog

Code:
v1.0: Released.
v1.1: Added some macros, changed pushing an object to +attack key and pulling to +attack2 key, increased the amount of tapping the key to deselect all objects.
v1.2: Fixed a bug when stripping a player from the grabbing ability his/her selected objects and grabbed objects will be deselected/released, as well fixed a bug entity rendering restoration upon releasing and deselecting multiple objects with different rendering.

If you found this helpful and joyful, please donate to show appreciation.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 11-10-2023 at 15:51.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
bigdaddy424
Old 06-15-2023 , 21:05   Re: Admin Grab
Reply With Quote #2

nice and movement is smooth. maybe switch mouse1 to push and mouse2 to pull, muscle memory from basebuilder
quick selecting objects way too fast will eventually deselect all but thats alright
Old 06-16-2023 , 15:29   Re: Admin Grab
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy424 View Post
nice and movement is smooth. maybe switch mouse1 to push and mouse2 to pull, muscle memory from basebuilder
quick selecting objects way too fast will eventually deselect all but thats alright
sure ill change the push/pull buttons to match the basebuilder fragment.

about deselecting all object at once ill make it harder to execute by increasing the speed of tapping.
@VIP System 100% done !

QuickDroLLL
Old 06-17-2023 , 09:25   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #4

Wow, what a nice plugin not like other grab plugins this is special good work Natsheh
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2023 , 10:34   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #5

This reminds of gravity gun without all the bells and whistles. Indentation needs some work.
Old 06-19-2023 , 12:09   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #6

Haven’t read the code but i liked some stuff you described.
I would recommend you to make this an API.
This way you could set players to have object grabbing and rotation and make a new basebuilder mod.
Old bb needs a remake, there are cool tools now. Orpheu and reapi allows you to control the end of a round so it wouldn’t end the round if only 1 zombie and that zombie dies.
I am not telling you to make a bb, if you want, sure. But this being API and allowing other plugin to interact would be nice.
Old 06-19-2023 , 17:39   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Haven’t read the code but i liked some stuff you described.
I would recommend you to make this an API.
This way you could set players to have object grabbing and rotation and make a new basebuilder mod.
Old bb needs a remake, there are cool tools now. Orpheu and reapi allows you to control the end of a round so it wouldn’t end the round if only 1 zombie and that zombie dies.
I am not telling you to make a bb, if you want, sure. But this being API and allowing other plugin to interact would be nice.
I had the idea of creating an API for the plugin, but it would need a bit work since i am going to create some limitation flags for grabbing.
@VIP System 100% done !

bigdaddy424
Old 06-19-2023 , 20:43   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #8

its cool that the objects stay on a new round but itd be cooler if it can save as config and load it on a menu
Old 06-20-2023 , 05:23   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy424 View Post
its cool that the objects stay on a new round but itd be cooler if it can save as config and load it on a menu
Actually it depends on the type of entity some entities such as func_door will restart to their original position but not their angles that's an engine bug needed to be fixed.

It is possible to create a save/load menu for objects, but i feel it will defeat its purpose as a grab plugin.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 06-20-2023 at 05:23.
Frostoh
Old 06-20-2023 , 11:24   Re: Admin Grab v1.1
Reply With Quote #10

Hello don't know if it's just me or not but when I try to download I can't find .amxx file idk if its just me or not .sma downloaded normally