Post New Thread Reply   

Hawkins
Old 01-24-2023 , 19:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.21) [24-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
Hi Silver
I saw a BUG in this version.
Players are taking damage from a fully invisible zombie for some time.
It is not possible to see the zombie because it is 100% invisible, you only feel the blow and the damage.

I went back to the previous version and it returned to normal.
Does it throw you away, like as if hit by a tesla mutant?
Is it happening on specific map / location?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-24-2023 , 23:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.22) [25-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #122

Code:
1.22 (25-Jan-2023)
    - Added "drop_damage" data config setting to Fire Mutants, allowing dropped fire damage to be controlled independently from the "damage" key.
    - Fixed converting common infected into Fire Mutants when shot by normal bullets.
    - Fixed incendiary bullets not always converting common infected to Fire Mutants.
No idea about invisible ones. If you have steps to replicate the issue let me know. I've tried but nothing is triggering it to happen. Are others also finding this problem?

Last edited by Silvers; 01-24-2023 at 23:50.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2023 , 08:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.22) [25-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
1.22 (25-Jan-2023)
    - Added "drop_damage" data config setting to Fire Mutants, allowing dropped fire damage to be controlled independently from the "damage" key.
    - Fixed converting common infected into Fire Mutants when shot by normal bullets.
    - Fixed incendiary bullets not always converting common infected to Fire Mutants.
No idea about invisible ones. If you have steps to replicate the issue let me know. I've tried but nothing is triggering it to happen. Are others also finding this problem?

Hi Silver,
Mutant Zombies (1.21) (1.22) and (1.23) - sourcemod-1.11.0-6906 / Windows
I was able to replicate the issue I mentioned earlier.
It seems related to this new feature that converts zombies when shot with incendiary ammo.
As I mentioned before in version 1.21 at 1.23, players were attacked by an invisible Zombie as it was not on fire.
That's what I reported, but now it's easier because the zombie is on fire now.

I posted a video on youtube to demonstrate.
https://youtu.be/l0WX60-dZCY

In version 1.20, this does not happen.

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 02-01-2023 at 12:10.
Hawkins
Old 01-26-2023 , 10:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.22) [25-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #124

I had reports of survivors being bounced off from a ladder on dark carnival chapter 2 when climbing on the roof, as if being hit by tesla mutants, but there were no commons around. An active player on my servers said it started to happen after mutants were installed (months ago).
Silvers
Old 01-27-2023 , 02:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.23) [27-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #125

Code:
1.23 (27-Jan-2023)
    - Fixed invisible Fire Mutants bug from the last 3 plugin updates. Thanks to "Mi.Cura" for reporting.
This one took a long time to debug and figure out. I tried all sorts to debug and find the issue.

Eventually I used tEntDev to select and save common infected data when running "MutantFireSetup" before the "DispatchSpawn" call, and tEntDev compare command after, which showed the bugged ones had set "m_bClientSideRagdoll" to 1 causing the issue, so if they are ever set to 1 the plugin will ignore maintaining them to stay alive and they will die. This means that some common infected will die instead of convert to Fire Mutants. This will mess up the percentage that are allowed to spawn, or when they reach the "limit" value, some may not convert when they should. There's nothing I can really do about that, but at least the bug is fixed and for the majority of common/Fire Mutants everything will work fine.

Edit: actually from spawn and reaching "limit" will work fine. It's only those converting from Incendiary Bullets or walking through fires that will miss their chance sometimes.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-27-2023 at 08:31.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2023 , 14:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.23) [27-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
1.23 (27-Jan-2023)
    - Fixed invisible Fire Mutants bug from the last 3 plugin updates. Thanks to "Mi.Cura" for reporting.
This one took a long time to debug and figure out. I tried all sorts to debug and find the issue.

Eventually I used tEntDev to select and save common infected data when running "MutantFireSetup" before the "DispatchSpawn" call, and tEntDev compare command after, which showed the bugged ones had set "m_bClientSideRagdoll" to 1 causing the issue, so if they are ever set to 1 the plugin will ignore maintaining them to stay alive and they will die. This means that some common infected will die instead of convert to Fire Mutants. This will mess up the percentage that are allowed to spawn, or when they reach the "limit" value, some may not convert when they should. There's nothing I can really do about that, but at least the bug is fixed and for the majority of common/Fire Mutants everything will work fine.

Edit: actually from spawn and reaching "limit" will work fine. It's only those converting from Incendiary Bullets or walking through fires that will miss their chance sometimes.
I thought I should report.
I have attached an image just to show you that the BUG still happens.
and video here: https://youtu.be/l0WX60-dZCY

Only this time the Zombie is on fire with his body visible, and is indestructible (never dies), like before.
(I think the BUG is related to the inclusion of convert to Fire Mutants)

I reverted to version 1.20
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	199360  

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 02-01-2023 at 20:42.
Maur0
Old 01-31-2023 , 20:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.23) [27-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
I thought I should report.
I have attached an image just to show you that the BUG still happens.

Only this time the Zombie is on fire with his body visible, and is indestructible (never dies), like before.
(I think the BUG is related to the inclusion of convert to Fire Mutants)

I reverted to version 1.20
It happens to me too. Every once in a while an invisible zombie appears to me or a zombie on fire that never dies :/

Last edited by Maur0; 01-31-2023 at 20:30.
sonic155
Old 02-01-2023 , 07:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.23) [27-Jan-2023]
Reply With Quote #128

some of the fire zombies dont die and some just become parts of fire floating around that attack you non stop e.e
Silvers
Old 02-02-2023 , 06:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.24) [02-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #129

Code:
1.24 (02-Feb-2023)
    - Fixed Fire Mutants not attacking when initially ignited.
    - Fixed invincible Fire Mutants bug from the last 3 plugin updates. Thanks to "Mi.Cura" for reporting.
Should be good now, found a bug where the game sometimes doesn't change the state variable, so added a backup fix to reset it.
Old 02-03-2023 , 02:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.24) [02-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #130

still have Fire particles following survivors and attacking them without being able to kill off or remove