Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

bman87
Old 10-13-2009 , 15:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #291

I had to disable this extension. Was giving me double smokers and other odd things to my CEVO config.

Please update! =(
savagekid
Old 10-13-2009 , 15:55   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #292

Ok, this extension works, but yet not works. It will allows you to connect >8 players only if your server is unreserved. Since the Lobby Unreserve plugin is broken, the only way you can get >8 players is if they all connect by typing (connect ip:port).

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.

Last edited by savagekid; 10-13-2009 at 16:27. Reason: Fix a typo
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Twitchy
Old 10-13-2009 , 16:06   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Ok, this extension works, but yet not works. It will aloow you to connect >8 players only if your server is unreserved. Since the Lobby Unreserve plugin is broken, the only way you can get >8 players is if they all connect by typeing (connect ip:port).

^this, and most of the people don't even know how to open the console, let a alone the server browser. So like savage said it works, but doesn't work
savagekid
Old 10-13-2009 , 16:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #294

Finally someone that's on my side! BTW I fixed 2 typos...I was in a rush...

egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2009 , 17:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
So instead of paying for a 16 slot server, you could just pay Downtown1 to fix it Win-win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Ok, this extension works, but yet not works. It will allows you to connect >8 players only if your server is unreserved. Since the Lobby Unreserve plugin is broken, the only way you can get >8 players is if they all connect by typing (connect ip:port).
Well if i have +maxplayers 8 in my lauch parameter, but l4d_maxplayers is set to a hight number, more than 8 players will be able to connect right?

I have a GS running and i wont pay for extra slots for spectators when guys play CW.
savagekid
Old 10-13-2009 , 17:52   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #296

@egor
No unfortunately. l4d_maxplayers <= +maxplayers.

bman87
Old 10-15-2009 , 10:38   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #297

The max players thing works for me.. but unfortunately this extension was causing multiple smokers spawns as well as tanks not to spawn even though the CVARS were correctly set.

As soon as I disabled this extension, everything worked properly again.. (Except for the plugins that rely on this extension of course)
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2009 , 11:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #298

This extension is working without any problems. Be sure that you overwrite this .txt with the old one in sourcemod/gamedata
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=258
Bigbuck
Old 10-15-2009 , 12:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
This extension is working without any problems. Be sure that you overwrite this .txt with the old one in sourcemod/gamedata
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=258
Would you mind posting your server.cfg, plugin list, and exts list please? This is the only thing I have running on my server and setting l4d_maxplayers to anything other than -1 puts the server in 8 player versus.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2009 , 12:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #300

Sure, I can do it in a sec, but you're not connecting through a lobby then? Becuase lobbys don't allow more then 8 players.
Steamgroup would be the only option, but not even that works correctly after the dlc patch.