Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr_Coomer
Old 07-07-2022 , 18:29   [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server
Reply With Quote #1

Look, I am just going to get to the point, I am trying to host a old legacy (18th august 2020) server for the game Counter Strike: Global Offensive. (yes the server is for HvH aka Hack vs Hack)
What I want to add to the server is SourceMod so I can use a weapon restrict plugin to restrict the AWP weapon, the issue being that when I do (and I have made sure I installed it correctly multiple times) it crashes on startup (just to say this again, it works fine without it).

It creates no dump or log file when it crashes, I have tried debugging it with the little to no information I have on the issue and nothing works.
Especially with what I am doing, hosting legacy servers for CS:GO (or any game for that mater) is such a random and un documented thing that I need help with.

Its a windows server, I got the files from SteamDB using SteamRE/DepotDownloader from github, the way I got the legacy version of the server is by mixing old server files with a freshly installed server using SteamCMD (+ mixing old windows game files that include offsets and such)

Please I need help with this, I will be watching this thread as much as I can, and if you have discord or steam then here they are:

Dr_Coomer#2918
https://steamcommunity.com/id/yoshisaac/

Last edited by Dr_Coomer; 07-08-2022 at 10:14. Reason: Solved
Cruze
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2022 , 02:33   Re: [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server
Reply With Quote #2

I don't think you will get support for HvH server here.
Old 07-08-2022 , 06:31   Re: [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
I don't think you will get support for HvH server here.
I get the idea that "cheat bad", and yes cheating in official valve servers is a wrong thing to do. But HvH is harmless when in a vacuum, especially when it requires an older client to even join the server.
oqyh
Old 07-08-2022 , 10:12   Re: [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Coomer View Post
Look, I am just going to get to the point, I am trying to host a old legacy (18th august 2020) server for the game Counter Strike: Global Offensive. (yes the server is for HvH aka Hack vs Hack)
What I want to add to the server is SourceMod so I can use a weapon restrict plugin to restrict the AWP weapon, the issue being that when I do (and I have made sure I installed it correctly multiple times) it crashes on startup (just to say this again, it works fine without it).

It creates no dump or log file when it crashes, I have tried debugging it with the little to no information I have on the issue and nothing works.
Especially with what I am doing, hosting legacy servers for CS:GO (or any game for that mater) is such a random and un documented thing that I need help with.

Its a windows server, I got the files from SteamDB using SteamRE/DepotDownloader from github, the way I got the legacy version of the server is by mixing old server files with a freshly installed server using SteamCMD (+ mixing old windows game files that include offsets and such)

Please I need help with this, I will be watching this thread as much as I can, and if you have discord or steam then here they are:

Dr_Coomer#2918
https://steamcommunity.com/id/yoshisaac/

Done

My discord : oqyh
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2022 , 13:12   Re: [CS:GO] I need help with sourcemod and my legacy server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Coomer View Post
I get the idea that "cheat bad", and yes cheating in official valve servers is a wrong thing to do. But HvH is harmless when in a vacuum, especially when it requires an older client to even join the server.
It's not about cheating only, also to get support old non-steam games.
non-steam = no support