Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SDKHooks custom gamedata not parsing

Post New Thread Reply   

AdRiAnIlloO
Old 01-24-2021 , 20:03   SDKHooks custom gamedata not parsing
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

For a WIP native mod I'm doing which has SM installed in the server, I successfully got a working SDKTools custom gamedata override file at gamedata/sdktools.games/custom/games.sdk2013.txt. The file loads correctly as I can see through the following log when server starts:

Code:
[SM] Parsed custom gamedata override file: sdktools.games/custom/games.sdk2013.txt
But however, I followed the same method for SDKHooks (after realizing a custom override was needed for proper plugin functioning) by creating a file with valid format as well (at gamedata/sdkhooks.games/custom/games.sdk2013.txt), but in this case it doesn't seem to parse (I don't get any related log).

Both files are basically copies from their parent game, HL2MP, with the following modified initial setup:

Code:
"Games"
{
	"#default"
	{
		"#supported"
		{
			"engine" "sdk2013"
		}

... (offsets)
	}
}
What I may be doing wrong? Thank you.

Last edited by AdRiAnIlloO; 01-24-2021 at 20:10.
AdRiAnIlloO
Old 01-24-2021 , 20:38   Re: SDKHooks custom gamedata not parsing
Reply With Quote #2

Alright, problem solved.

It was just that I had been using a shared base server directory install for two different submods (legacy HL2DM and thirdparty variant one) involving shared SourceMod, and after recently learning that some SM folders had to be separate (per https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple...Mod%20install.), forgot to operate on the failing mod of interest (native) regarding gamedata override and was working on the legacy one instead. For the non-problematic SM subfolders I created symlinks, by the way.

Code:
[SM] Parsed custom gamedata override file: sdktools.games/custom/engine.sdk2013.txt
[SM] Parsed custom gamedata override file: sdkhooks.games/custom/engine.sdk2013.txt
Thanks anyways.

Last edited by AdRiAnIlloO; 01-24-2021 at 20:42.