Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

hl booster

Post New Thread Reply   

zombieplague
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2011 , 09:49   hl booster
Reply With Quote #1

finally to get my hlds to work. but the problem is now i can't seem to launch my hl booster if i want to launch my server. recently this happen.. someone help i need hl booster to work and i can launch server
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 05-01-2011 , 12:57   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #2

do not use hlbooster...
just add in your amxx.cfg or server.cfg the next line:

Code:
sys_ticrate 9999999999999
or if you want a good booster, try the 'mmtimer' by crock..
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2011 , 05:08   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
do not use hlbooster...
just add in your amxx.cfg or server.cfg the next line:

Code:
sys_ticrate 9999999999999
or if you want a good booster, try the 'mmtimer' by crock..

why hl booster not good ?

sys_ticrate 9999999999999 what is ticrate default value ?

mmtimer i heard it took a lot useage may cause com crash.. any solution regarding it ???
Pavel4o0o
Old 05-02-2011 , 15:10   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieplague View Post
why hl booster not good ?

sys_ticrate 9999999999999 what is ticrate default value ?

mmtimer i heard it took a lot useage may cause com crash.. any solution regarding it ???
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 05-03-2011 , 00:34   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #5

Their is a system ticrate and a server tickrate.
-sys_ticrate(a measure of how fast commands execute on the server and it DIRECTLY VARIES with the server's fps rating) max is 10000, variable to change in server.cfg.
-Server tickrate(rate of a game server is a measure of how often a server will update the game world), max 100, variable only able to change in the command line. (33, 66 or 100)

Client Side (which is a lot of the problem)
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/vie...hp?f=16&t=2028
http://www.moreal.org/articles/fpsund.php

Server Side Mini Tutorial
tickrates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish
"sv_minrate": Sets the "floor" for the lowest client minrate allowed. Will force client's minrate up to the minimum if it is too low. (Rate is bytes/sec)

"sv_maxrate": Maximum rate allowed. (Rate is bytes/sec)

"sv_maxupdaterate": Specifies the maximum number of packets per second a server is allowed to send. Note, setting the client’s “cl_updaterate” above the server’s “sv_maxupdaterate” value will not increase the amount of updates you receive.

"sys_ticrate": Here's the big CVAR that impacts gameplay more than anything else. Sys_ticrate is a measure of how fast commands execute on the server (“Frames Per Second” of the server), and it VARIES with the server's FPS rating. The more FPS the server handles, the better the registry and gameplay. The HL Engine is limited to 1000fps max. To achieve high-ticrates your system must be using a high-resolution timer (or something else along those lines, server providers have their own ways; this can be achieved by idling something like Windows Media Player). By default, your Half-Life server will average 64fps for Win32 based servers and 50fps for Linux based servers. A player can really feel the improvement on a server that is consistently 200+ FPS, but most people will be in heaven at about 512.

Rule of thumb for "sys_ticrate":

sys_ticrate 500 = 250fps
sys_ticrate 1000 = 512 fps
sys_ticrate 10000 = 1000fps (Max)

"sv_unlag": Enables lag compensation for online play. I will explain the difference between unlag and interp later.
I was almost going to explain things myself for a little bit better understanding of the fundamentals (since changing variable rates that have EVERYTHING to do with your server unknowingly is very stupid), but instead I did a 5 min search, and thats a few things i figured are straight to the point. Might as well know what your doing. Once you dial your server in without a booster, and it still isnt up to par, then you can try a booster. Just remember OS have everything to do with it, along with kernel version when it comes to tic rates. (you never want to have a 10000 tic without a dual core) Their is no guarantee with those variables, it all depends on your computer + internet speed (mainly upload)

Please Read the Server Management 101, which is pinned above also.

Last edited by bmann_420; 05-03-2011 at 01:22.
zombieplague
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2011 , 08:57   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Their is a system ticrate and a server tickrate.
-sys_ticrate(a measure of how fast commands execute on the server and it DIRECTLY VARIES with the server's fps rating) max is 10000, variable to change in server.cfg.
-Server tickrate(rate of a game server is a measure of how often a server will update the game world), max 100, variable only able to change in the command line. (33, 66 or 100)

Client Side (which is a lot of the problem)
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/vie...hp?f=16&t=2028
http://www.moreal.org/articles/fpsund.php

Server Side Mini Tutorial
tickrates

I was almost going to explain things myself for a little bit better understanding of the fundamentals (since changing variable rates that have EVERYTHING to do with your server unknowingly is very stupid), but instead I did a 5 min search, and thats a few things i figured are straight to the point. Might as well know what your doing. Once you dial your server in without a booster, and it still isnt up to par, then you can try a booster. Just remember OS have everything to do with it, along with kernel version when it comes to tic rates. (you never want to have a 10000 tic without a dual core) Their is no guarantee with those variables, it all depends on your computer + internet speed (mainly upload)

thanks. anyway is there any better way to reduce lag ? stop with the new computer or upgrade and stuff.... possible to get ping for players up to 30 - 40ms using settings or ??
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 05-04-2011 , 12:47   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
^Your answer
Old 05-05-2011 , 09:19   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
^Your answer
Lagg-free Help!! is down..
zombieplague
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2011 , 10:05   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #9

bmann 420 how do i make tickrate work ?

-tickrate 100 in server.cfg ? or just tickrate 100 ?
Trethy
Old 07-03-2011 , 16:48   Re: hl booster
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieplague View Post
bmann 420 how do i make tickrate work ?

-tickrate 100 in server.cfg ? or just tickrate 100 ?
+sys_ticrate 100

But no one help me..