Setting a user's visibility

Post New Thread Reply   

sslice
Old 04-05-2005 , 17:53  
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webring
Quote:
and beetle - damn - just include the headers from a source file in the sdk - utils.cpp for example. include them all, unmodified, with #GAME_DLL 1 everywhere. You'll need to mod networkvar.h because it's gay, and change all 'private:' and 'protected:' to 'public:' in some headers, but don't comment out shit
vancelorgin I changed all private/protected to public in networkvar.h and included all headers in

ai_initutils.cpp
ai_utils.cpp
collisionutils.cpp
map_utils.cpp
ScratchPadUtils.cpp
zip_utils.cpp
studio_utils.cpp

and I got about 26 errors.

I tried all these includes http://www.foxdedicated.com/miniplugin.cpp and still got a bunch of errors. :\
You could use miniplugin.cpp as a template and add your stuff to it. A few changes to the game event listener is all you need to get that working.
Old 04-05-2005 , 19:18  
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
You could use miniplugin.cpp as a template and add your stuff to it. A few changes to the game event listener is all you need to get that working
I've tried tossing that in empty_server folder, setting the dirs right in msvs and building it, and it won't compile. Says can't find the file right after <iostream.h> in my includes or some other error, which it shouldn't because all paths are right.[/quote]
sslice
Old 04-05-2005 , 20:54  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancelorgin
That would most definatly not be a rendermode, but I actually think this is possible from a server [plugin] >)
Yeah, I thought so, too. Maybe a particular material or something. I'll have to look at CBaseEntity again when I get home for a material function.