Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Say Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

Uberman
Old 08-20-2008 , 20:07   Re: Stop Sounds
Reply With Quote #391

Apologies of somebody has already implemented this. I've read all the posts in this thread (whew!), and implemented a "!stop" chat command that can be issued by players to stop an all-users sound initiated by this plug-in. Can really come in handy if somebody starts a really irritating loop.

This change brings the plug-in version to 2.0.5.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saysounds.sp - 195 views - 45.0 KB)
File Type: smx saysounds.smx (16.2 KB, 199 views)
FernFerret
Old 08-21-2008 , 07:07   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #392

Hey Uberman glad to have you onboard (I think you're number 5 or 6 on modifying this plugin ha!)

But I had some questions about your modification, I havent looked at the code yet.

1. you said this stops an all users sound, is this a standard sound? or does this include admin sounds?

2. I assume this stops it locally for the single user and not the server.

Thanks,
--FF
Old 08-21-2008 , 10:42   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernFerret View Post
Hey Uberman glad to have you onboard (I think you're number 5 or 6 on modifying this plugin ha!)
It's my first SourceMode scripting (but I'm also a Sr. Software Engineer IRL, so it should be a fairly clean addition ).

Quote:
1. you said this stops an all users sound, is this a standard sound? or does this include admin sounds?
It doesn't discriminate. It tracks what sound is currently playing for each player, and then calls StopSound() for that particular sound for the player that issued the "!stop". It doesn't check to see who started the sound, or if it is a user or admin sound. My assumption here is that an admin is not going to be playing long, annoying sounds (like other players sometimes do on some servers).

I could probably add a CVAR to allow admin sounds to be immune to this chat command.

Quote:
2. I assume this stops it locally for the single user and not the server.
Yes.
FernFerret
Old 08-21-2008 , 12:43   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #394

Not required, just curious, this should be documented at least in the top, if the cvar description states it.

Awesome, Did you comment your code? I haven't checked yet, although it's not required, just messin with ya!

--FF
Old 08-21-2008 , 18:32   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #395

Quote:
Awesome, Did you comment your code? I haven't checked yet, although it's not required, just messin with ya!
You could just do a diff (I use WinMerge).
flubber
Old 09-09-2008 , 16:43   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #396

Is it possible to launch a sound on domination?

Edit : sorry just saw the event help file, seems not.

Last edited by flubber; 09-09-2008 at 16:45.
FernFerret
Old 09-10-2008 , 07:52   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #397

yea, i've also been asked about eating a sandvich, i'm sure it is possible, i just don't know if it's within my realm, seeing as I still haven't gotten my bug fixed, due to other things taking over my life...

--FF
Old 09-11-2008 , 18:00   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #398

Is there a limit to the amount of sounds you can have.I have extracted all the TF2 class sayings,picked out the best ones,there is about 120,every sound wav downloads no problem but when you type in !soundlist just over half appear in console,there is an error message at the bottom which says

Netchannel:failed reading message svc_Print from 85.234.148.10:27015

can you help please.Absolute fantatstic plugin,been looking to do this since i got my server
talpa
Old 09-25-2008 , 16:02   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #399

is add possible end round and end of miniround ??

tnx
nOzE
Old 10-09-2008 , 04:13   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #400

Could u make this plugin SAVE the user-setting (on/off)??? ATM every player has to toggle it on every mapstart!