Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] [REQ] Infected Respawn Timer (possible anticheat?)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 09-07-2021 , 22:57   Re: [L4D2] [REQ] Infected Respawn Timer (possible anticheat?)

smac was never focused on l4d and it got some l4d detections in it

honestly I think at this point people dont want to implement this because than the cheaters cant use the exploit anymore

Last edited by canadianjeff; 09-07-2021 at 22:59.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 09-08-2021 , 06:36   Re: [L4D2] [REQ] Infected Respawn Timer (possible anticheat?)

Code:
azalty commented 9 minutes ago • 
In order for you guys to stop acting like morons, I'll fix that.

You know what? I am a Aimware user too. I'll try to replicate this, though last time I checked, it wasn't a feature in that cheat.

If it's a sv_cheats bypass:
Enable the cvar part of lilac, it bans players that have a sv_cheats that differs from the server's value

If it's another exploit, the part we want to look at is those 2 hidden cvars:

z_ghost_delay_max
z_ghost_delay_min

According to the AM forum, these are default cvars, and I assume the respawn time is a random integer between these two

Fix: create a global handle for each players (which is null). Create a timer when a player is infected that lasts for z_ghost_delay_min (or this cvar's value - 0.1 to prevent time problems and similar things).

If a player respawns and his global handle timer isn't null, this means the timer is running, and the player used an exploit.

We could also do it by storing a global variable for each player that is just the timestamp at which the player was infected. When the player respawns, check if (clientVar + cvarIntValue - 1) > GetTime() and ban/take actions if that is the case.

I could write this, or @J-Tanzanite could, but I think they have enough of your behavior.

The reason I'm proposing to do that is that it could help others. Ofc, you'll have to test it and show us if it works or if it doesn't.
Closed Thread