Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

nVault plugin not working

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-14-2020 , 22:43   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #21

It's not guaranteed that authorized is called before putinserver. I would use authorized only, using set_task() to delay the call to LoadPrefix(). Try it and see what happens.

Last edited by Bugsy; 06-14-2020 at 22:44.
supertrio17
Old 06-14-2020 , 22:51   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
It's not guaranteed that authorized is called before putinserver. I would use authorized only, using set_task() to delay the call to LoadPrefix(). Try it and see what happens.
My way works, but with set_task plugin looks simpler, so I ended up using set_task. Thanks man
Mr_Boopsy_#2066
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-15-2020 , 04:21   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrio17 View Post
My way works, but with set_task plugin looks simpler, so I ended up using set_task. Thanks man
Your way appears to work now, but you are reyling on undefined behavior which is really bad. If the execution order is not guaranteed then do not make any assumptions about it and find another way. It may work fine one time and then break.
Old 06-15-2020 , 11:02   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #24

Thanks for your reply, I'm new so I'm trying to get how things work, I think I'm doing fine, but there is just too much to learn.
Mr_Boopsy_#2066
HamletEagle
Old 06-15-2020 , 11:04   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #25

You don't have to learn or understand everything in one day or one week, there's no time limit. Enjoy the process of learning and discovering new things.
Old 06-15-2020 , 11:08   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #26

Yeah, it's really fun to learn how to pawn, But there really are not enough tutorials, and you can't learn everything from them, best way to learn so far was to look at every plugin I see and to break it down to see how everything works.
Mr_Boopsy_#2066
HamletEagle
Old 06-15-2020 , 12:01   Re: nVault plugin not working
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrio17 View Post
Yeah, it's really fun to learn how to pawn, But there really are not enough tutorials, and you can't learn everything from them, best way to learn so far was to look at every plugin I see and to break it down to see how everything works.
The tutorials are a starting point. As you said, the best way to learn is to set a goal(a plugin you'd like to make) and then try to discover how to make it(by looking at similar plugins, tutorials, figuring things on your own or asking here).

For more pawn related details you may want to check the pawn language guide: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/co.../pawn-lang.pdf
Note that it is not needed to read the book in order to be able to code plugins(it is about pawn, not about amxx scripting), but it can provide more details about how things work and little "features" of the language(things that may not necessarily be useful/make sense for a beginner).

Last edited by HamletEagle; 06-15-2020 at 12:02.