Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

Beyond Reality
Old 01-08-2017 , 10:36   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #451

HI , can you add command, only admin with flag "f" to can nominate maps from banrecent
Send a message via Skype™ to Beyond Reality
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2017 , 10:42   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #452

Hi,

So, if the admin has the flag `f`(ADMIN_MAP) he can nominate recent banned maps?

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-08-2017 , 10:50   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #453

Rant:
OMG, this plugin has 15k lines, are you insane? There's no way anyone is going to review in deep that ammount of code. I don't know why, but I feel like you are over-complicating things.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-08-2017 at 10:55.
Beyond Reality
Old 01-08-2017 , 10:59   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Hi,

So, if the admin has the flag `f`(ADMIN_MAP) he can nominate recent banned maps?
Exactly
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2017 , 12:03   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Reality View Post
Exactly
On the next release it should be implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Rant:
There's no way anyone is going to review in deep that ammount of code.
@HamletEagle, do not look to it as one plugin. Look to this plugin as 10 plugins at one `.sma`, so you can review 10 plugins or just mine, it up to you. So why I do not split this big file into 10 files? Because their are not causing problems. I mean each one of its 10 parts are not interfering with each other (at least I hope so), as their are on the same file it is easier to perform inter-communication between them and mix a little their implementations to save a few keystrokes.

Things are well split over the file:
  1. At the end of the file are the Units Tests code.
  2. Just above the nextmap plugin, a few stocks, the nomination/say handler systems.
  3. Above them the voting menu code.
  4. Above it the team events, file loading.
  5. Above it the restart handling and plugin_cfg/init setups.
  6. Above it the global variables declarations.
  7. Above it the global MACROS declarations/setups.

Along the code you may find some MACRO as the IS_COLORED_ENABLED, and bla, bla. I should not need them too much, but their are bothering anyone, anymore.

For example, the voting menu is a independent part of the plugin, but sadly it is hard coded to perform map voting and trigger some global data, so you cannot easily remove it to another plugin and keep the voting features as runoff and custom map voting. Despite it would be awesome to remove the voting system and make it general system, but for now I am tired of working.

I reviewed it over and over again, rewrote things over and over. I can tell you what is not good and can be improved and changed (obviously I may miss some things). You may keep thinking why I do not change them for one? It is because its computational complexity of `O(1)` or `O(n)` would not change, and well as you can see, this plugin is already pretty big, and respectively I am as tired as its it is big. So, to save me time I let it as it is, despite, I like some of the implementation which need to change. Instead of doing 5 if's of a menu handler, I could one switch. Or instead of using a global to pass data, I could use the `info[]` data. I am not doing this on all menus, just almost all of them I build a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Rant:
OMG, this plugin has 15k lines, are you insane? I don't know why, but I feel like you are over-complicating things.
Rant:
15k lines, 20k lines, 50k lines, you cannot measure code by how many lines it has.

Most many lines are due:
  1. The `Allman Style`
  2. Currently About 4000 due the Unit Tests.
  3. All my function tend to fit at you screen, so take some space with headers.
  4. My most of my debugging statements are not removed from the code as I usually need they later.
The Unit Tests save big time. I would hope if I got more of them working, but is hard to test complex behaviors. With hard I mean, even if I did, it would have several minutes and map changes to complete the tests, and I do not want to wait more than 20 seconds to completely run them all. Of course it should not be an issue for the testing as Integration Tests. They tend to be fine if the finish running overnight. But I do not have patience/willing to right right them. If some complex behavior is bugged, just let the server operator record the log `_galileo.log` and I see what it is going on. However I rewrote pretty much everything on the plugin, several times. The complex behavior are really well written right now. Probably there should not be any bug at all, and if there are, should a simple fix as I missed a if condition I should perform.

With this plugin I am learning several things by experience as, creating Unit Tests, efficient code, why globals are evil, why I need globals, how damn I miss pawn not being Object Orientated, and etc.

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-08-2017 at 12:04.
Beyond Reality
Old 01-08-2017 , 13:18   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #456

When vote started at the end of the map, this not work - amx_extendmap_allow_order "2"... after finish the vote and no one voted , in chat show this when i type nextmap - Next Map: [vote in progress] and Timeleft 1:00 min
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2017 , 13:32   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #457

Quote:
When vote started at the end of the map, this not work - amx_extendmap_allow_order "2"... after finish the vote and no one voted , in chat show this when i type nextmap - Next Map: [vote in progress] and Timeleft 1:00 min
Please, do not use all bold text. Also, I just tested it here and I found this on my server console:
Code:
amx_extendmap_allow_order 2 L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:16: String formatted incorrectly - parameter 5 (total 5) L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:16: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "galileo.amxx") L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:16: [AMXX] Run time error 25: parameter error L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:16: [AMXX]    [0] galileo.sma::color_print (line 12012) L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:16: [AMXX]    [1] galileo.sma::chooseRandomVotingWinner (line 7792) L 01/08/2017 - 16:24:17: [AMXX]    [2] galileo.sma::computeVotes (line 7697)

Thanks testing. Though would be nice if you have noticed it.
This happened because I split a LANG constant to allow reuse it more, but when I changed the code I forgot the delete one extra token. This is the problem on the line 7792:
Code:
%L%L
-->
Code:
%L
On the next version it will be fixed.

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-08-2017 at 14:03.
Beyond Reality
Old 01-08-2017 , 14:34   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #458

OK this edit work ok but after this edit now come 2 more bugs ...

First is ... if use "rtv" in chat, vote started and if no one voted in chat show "No one voted. The current map will be extended for 10 minutes." and server immediately changes to the same map ...

The Second bug ... At the and of map when normal vote is started and if no one voted in chat show "No one voted. The current map will be extended for 10 minutes." this work ok but if now i want to start vote with "rtv" in chat show this - Vote outcome has already been determined.

Last edited by Beyond Reality; 01-08-2017 at 14:35.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2017 , 14:56   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #459

Quote:
First is ... if use "rtv" in chat, vote started and if no one voted in chat show "No one voted. The current map will be extended for 10 minutes." and server immediately changes to the same map ...
Ok.

Quote:
The Second bug ... At the and of map when normal vote is started and if no one voted in chat show "No one voted. The current map will be extended for 10 minutes." this work ok but if now i want to start vote with "rtv" in chat show this - Vote outcome has already been determined.
Ok.

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-08-2017 at 14:57.
blood2k
Old 01-10-2017 , 02:29   Re: Galileo v4.2.0-466 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-01-06
Reply With Quote #460

Is this safe to use? Or should I wait to download next release? Really looking for something solid enough with rtv/votes/nominations and this seems to be the only one now a days