Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2022 , 22:49   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by quraish View Post
author can you add the feature of destroying the previous menu when mapvote is starting. like in deathmatch and Kreedz there are already menus displaying on the players screen, those menu are not getting destroyed when map vote comes...
can you add this in the script, if its possible.... menu_destroy(anymenu)
I don't think a plugin can call menu_destroy() on a menu from a different plugin. If that even is possible then how do you think we'd be able to get the menu reference from the other plugin?
Old 08-31-2022 , 19:08   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1002

Anyone, how the hell can I setup a 5 min left from map to start a votemap?

I want that when timeleft is 5 minutes, to start a vote. Now it starts at timeleft 30 seconds

I see this
Quote:
gal_endofmapvote_before 5 // TODO this cvar is not implemented yet.
But I suppose no change will be done anymore right?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2022 , 02:37   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by maNIaRO View Post
Anyone, how the hell can I setup a 5 min left from map to start a votemap?

I want that when timeleft is 5 minutes, to start a vote. Now it starts at timeleft 30 seconds

I see this

But I suppose no change will be done anymore right?
Change the 30 on line 6929 to 300 (5 minutes in seconds).
Old 09-01-2022 , 12:29   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Yes already found that, but not workin.
When server reach 5 min timeleft, plugin shows in chat "Time left expired" and after 2 rounds start the vot. It is totally fucked up
scott24
Old 10-23-2022 , 13:10   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1005

The plugin seems to work great with just 1 issue we have found. Sorry if this has already been brought up an answered. we randomly have people, myself included not get the vote to show up. I thought it had to do with me alt tabbing or moving to spec. but others are getting the same issue and say they have not tabbed out. seems like at least one person per map says they cant vote.
scott24
Old 10-23-2022 , 13:15   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1006

Is there a way to whitelist maps based off of player count? I see there is the gal_nom_minplayer_control. and that works great. I would like to be able to only have maps nominated that are in the midplayers mapcycle or mapcycle.txt based off of player count. The min works great but when the server is full that allows everyone to still nominate the small maps from the minplayer mapcycle.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2022 , 18:27   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Thanks for looking into it. I think this 30 seconds is for some other feature, but not for the voting to start.

Changing this on the next if should work (but I did not tested it):
PHP Code:
File:galileo.sma

// Are we ready to start an "end of map" vote?
6946:         if( secondsLeft START_VOTEMAP_MIN_TIME
to 
:         if( secondsLeft START_VOTEMAP_MIN_TIME 300 

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
Infamanious
Old 10-23-2022 , 19:40   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1008

Is there any way to paginate map lists greater than lets say 50 or 100 without causing reliable buffer overflows? I'm stuck with deagles map manager, or was until i disabled it because it caused our server to become unstable after 800+ maps. With Galileo its a bit different since you have to manually list the maps in console, but listing them 10 at a time is a daunting task for a server with 800 + votable maps. Presumably this is a limitation of the goldsrc engine since it can only manage a certain amount of data to and from the clients over the internet.

Last edited by Infamanious; 10-23-2022 at 19:43.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2022 , 21:49   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
The plugin seems to work great with just 1 issue we have found. Sorry if this has already been brought up an answered. we randomly have people, myself included not get the vote to show up. I thought it had to do with me alt tabbing or moving to spec. but others are getting the same issue and say they have not tabbed out. seems like at least one person per map says they cant vote.
I've heard this happening on my custom version of the original Galileo plugin so I think it may be a bug that is much deeper than this plugin.

Quote:
Is there a way to whitelist maps based off of player count? I see there is the gal_nom_minplayer_control. and that works great. I would like to be able to only have maps nominated that are in the midplayers mapcycle or mapcycle.txt based off of player count. The min works great but when the server is full that allows everyone to still nominate the small maps from the minplayer mapcycle.
Very few, if any, major map management plugins has this feature. I've seen several people request it over the years so you should find the those posts and see what came of those requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamanious View Post
Presumably this is a limitation of the goldsrc engine since it can only manage a certain amount of data to and from the clients over the internet.
That's what I would assume. You can't expect such an old game to do everything that you would expect a modern game to be able to do (even if you think it should be trivial). It sounds like you need a web-based solution.

Simply create a website that lists your maps and then add a command to open that page in the MOTD window. On some games, the MOTD doesn't have the most up-to-date browser implementation so it may require a less complex webpage. I have a pretty extensive maps website for our server that shows all of our maps along with a small image of each map. The most complex part of it, as related to the MOTD web browser, is jQuery Lazy Load for the images. Though, I am able to nominated directly from the website so that's a nice little feature.

I think I read that Counter-Strike 1.6 has a newer browser implementation than what I play, Day of Defeat, so maybe you'll have less restrictions. I developed my maps site many years ago so it's possible things have changed since then.
Old 10-28-2022 , 20:46   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1010

Quote:
Looks like you want a new feature that works the opposite of the original request for the `gal_nom_minplayers_control `.

PHP Code:
// Let the server players nominate maps from the nomination file list
// 'gal_nom_mapfile'. But, when the cvar 'gal_vote_minplayers' is enabled,
// only allow nominations from the 'gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile'.
//
// 0 - Show all nominated maps.
//
// 1 - Only allow nominations from the 'gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile' when
//     when the cvar 'gal_vote_minplayers' is enabled.
//
//     Note: This will allow the players to nominate maps not from
//     'gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile', but they will not be show at the map
//     voting if there are less players than 'gal_vote_minplayers', at the
//     moment when the voting starts.
//
// To disable this feature, set this cvar to 0
//
// Default: 0
gal_nom_minplayers_control 0 

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective