Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.6.0 - 2019/04/24)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
blackdevil72
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Hide and seek
    Old 04-12-2019 , 07:23   [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.6.0 - 2019/04/24)
    Reply With Quote #1

[CS:S] Hide and Seek

What's this?
    --------------------------------
    This plugin is a fork from this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=124979.

Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since 2011 and any project to revive it has been abandoned. I think its time to give it some love again.

What does it do?
    Terrorists "Hiders" choose a random model on spawn, like a chair, plant or a sign, which is common on the played map and search a place, where they blend in best. The CTs "Seekers" wait a specified time to give the hiders a chance to find their spot. They have to search for the hiders and shoot them.

Seekers either lose some health (default 5 hp) on every shot or hiders get more invisible every time they get shot - or both. Seekers gain hp by hurting or killing a hider.

Requirements
    Installation
    • Download the zip archive and extract it into your cstrike folder.
    • Restart the server.
    • A config file has been generated in cfg/sourcemod/plugin.hideandseek.cfg which you can edit as you like.
    • Switch to a map, which is supported by the plugin (config file in sourcemod/configs/hideandseek/maps/)

Player Commands
    • /hide /hidemenu - Opens the menu with the list of available models if still enabled
    • /tp /third /thirdperson /+3rd /-3rd - Switches to the thirdperson view so hiders see how they fit into the environment
    • /whistle - Hiders play a random sound to give the seekers a hint
    • /freeze - Toggles freezing for hiders
    • /whoami - Shows hiders their current model name again
    • /hidehelp - Displays a panel with informations how to play.

Plugin Cvars
    • sm_hns_version - ...
    • sm_hns_enable - Enable the Hide and Seek mod? (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_freezects - Should CTs get freezed and blinded on spawn? (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_freezetime - How long should the CTs are freezed after spawn? (Default: 25.0)
    • sm_hns_changelimit - How often a T is allowed to choose his model ingame? (Default: 2)
    • sm_hns_changelimittime - How long should a T be allowed to change his model again after spawn? (Default: 30.0)
    • sm_hns_autochoose - Should the plugin choose models for the hiders automatically? (Default: 0)
    • sm_hns_whistle - Are terrorists allowed to whistle? (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_whistle_set - Wich whistle set to use. (Default: 0)
      • 0. Default
      • 1. Whistle
      • 2. Birds
      • 3. Custom
    • sm_hns_whistle_auto - Makes Terrorists automaticly whistle on a set timer. (Default: 0)
      • 0. Disabled
      • 1. Enabled
    • sm_hns_whistle_times - How many times a hider is allowed to whistle per round? (Default: 5)
    • sm_hns_hider_win_frags - How many frags should surviving hiders gain? (Default: 5)
    • sm_hns_hp_seeker_enable - Should CT lose HP when shooting, 0 = off/1 = on. (Default 1)
    • sm_hns_hp_seeker_dec - How many HP should a CT lose on shooting? (Default 5)
    • sm_hns_hp_seeker_inc - How many hp should a CT gain when hitting a hider? (Default 15)
    • sm_hns_hp_seeker_bonus - How many hp should a CT gain when killing a hider? (Default 50)
    • sm_hns_opacity_enable - Should T get more invisible on low hp, 0 = off/1 = on. (Default 0)
    • sm_hns_hidersspeed - Hiders speed (Default: 1.00)
    • sm_hns_disable_rightknife - Disable rightclick for CTs with knife? Prevents knifing without losing heatlh. (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_disable_ducking - Disable ducking. (Default: 1)
      • 0. Every one can duck
      • 1. No one can duck
      • 2. Only CTs can duck
    • sm_hns_auto_thirdperson - Enable thirdperson view for hiders automatically (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_slay_seekers - Slay seekers on round end, if there are still hiders alive? (Default: 0)
    • sm_hns_hider_freeze_mode - What to do with the /freeze command? (Default: 2)
      • 0: Disables /freeze command for hiders
      • 1: Only freeze on position, be able to move camera
      • 2: Freeze completely (no cameramovents)
    • sm_hns_hide_blood - Hide blood on hider damage. (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_show_hidehelp - Show helpmenu explaining the game on first player spawn. (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_ct_ratio - The ratio of hiders to 1 seeker. 0 to disables teambalance. (Default: 3:1)
    • sm_hns_show_progressbar - Show progressbar for last 15 seconds of freezetime. (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_disable_use - Disable CTs pushing things. (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_hider_freeze_inair - Are hiders allowed to freeze in the air? (Default: 0)
    • sm_hns_anticheat - Check player cheat convars, 0 = off/1 = on. (Default: 0)
    • sm_hns_whistle_delay - How long after spawn should we delay the use of whistle? (Default: 25.0)
    • sm_hns_cheat_punishment - How to punish players with wrong cvar values after 15 seconds? (Default: 1)
      • 0: Disabled
      • 1: Switch to Spectator
      • 2: Kick
    • sm_hns_remove_shadows - Remove shadows from players and physic models? (Default: 1)
    • sm_hns_use_taxed_in_random - Include taxed models when using random model choice? (Default: 0)

Protected Server Cvars
    There are some protected server convars, which are enforced by the plugin to enable the mod to operate properly:
    • mp_flashlight 0
    • sv_footsteps 0
    • mp_limitteams 0
    • mp_autoteambalance 0
    • mp_freezetime 0
    • sv_nonemesis 1
    • sv_nomvp 1
    • sv_nostats 1
    • mp_playerid 1
    • sv_allowminmodels 0
    • mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0
    • sv_turbophysics 1
    It's recommend to set mp_forcecamera to 1 in your server.cfg!

Admin commands
    • sm_hns_print_version - Print Hide and Seek plugin version.
    • sm_hns_force_whistle <#userid|steamid|name> - Force a player to whistle disregarding his whistle limit. (chat flag)
    • sm_hns_reload_models - Reload the modellist from the map config file. (rcon flag)

Adding new maps
    By default the plugin currently comes with a choice of models for all default maps for CS:S, but it's really easy to add support for any other map. You should only use maps with lot's of props, so hiders aren't that obvious to find.

Just create a new textfile in the /configs/hide_and_seek/maps folder named the same as the map you want to support. Check the existing files for the format - you're allowed to add as many models and languages as you want. Make sure to set the file encoding to UTF-8 without BOM (more info).
    I'd always appreciate it if you would share your model configs so they get added to the package by default.

There are some special keys to set:
    • "heightfix" "[addheight]" (e.g. "heightfix" "80")
      • Some models are bugged and halfway in the ground. You're able to add this key to get them showing up over the ground when standing still. Hiders using a bugged model will be teleported up regularly while running, so they can't hide by constantly running against a wall staying in the ground.
    • "tax" "[money]" (e.g. "tax" "600")
      • You're able to put taxes on some models to prevent everyone from using it every round. Useful for small models.
      • Since Hiders don't get that much money during gameplay, don't set the tax too high. (If you've got some ideas for events to give hiders money for, let me know!)

Source Code
    You can follow future development of this project and grab the latest fixes on GitHub:
    https://github.com/blackdevil72/SM-Hide-and-Seek

Bug and Suggestion Tracker
    https://github.com/blackdevil72/SM-Hide-and-Seek/issues

Special thanks
    • Selax the original creator of the plugin
    • Peace-Maker who improved it so much
    • YoUrEnD who helped me test the plugin for long hours on his server

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip css_hide_and_seek_1.6.0.zip (4.20 MB, 852 views)

Last edited by blackdevil72; 04-24-2019 at 09:05.
    LazyKeviin
    Old 04-12-2019 , 07:35   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #2

So you made a version of prop hunt if im correct?
    i will try it out ;)

Edit: Also why not make whistle automatic? like each 1min/2min they whistle but you can still use /whistle if you want? cuz many people will not use it

Last edited by LazyKeviin; 04-12-2019 at 07:37.
    blackdevil72
    Old 04-12-2019 , 08:40   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #3

Yeah its a prop hunt plug in, but I just forked an old one for Cs:S that was known for years to have a bug with the /whistle command but was otherwise working fine. Every other version of PropHunt/H'n'S I've found or doesn't work any more or are for other games.

As you can see I'm taking over an existing base I am now free to add new thing on top of that. So yes I can add the possibility to have an automatic whistle. If I make this I would make it as an optional thing some because people like the difficulty to have no clue.

You're free to add that as a feature request on GitHub.

LazyKeviin
    Old 04-12-2019 , 09:24   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackdevil72 View Post
    Yeah its a prop hunt plug in, but I just forked an old one for Cs:S that was known for years to have a bug with the /whistle command but was otherwise working fine. Every other version of PropHunt/H'n'S I've found or doesn't work any more or are for other games.

As you can see I'm taking over an existing base I am now free to add new thing on top of that. So yes I can add the possibility to have an automatic whistle. If I make this I would make it as an optional thing some because people like the difficulty to have no clue.

You're free to add that as a feature request on GitHub.
    Looking good!to bad its not for csgo
    NanoC
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-12-2019 , 09:29   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #5

make it for csgo too please. Awesome work, congrats
    Old 04-12-2019 , 09:40   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #6

Thank you guys.

There already is a prop hunt for cs go : https://gitlab.com/Zipcore/Prophunt

Take a look at it =)

Last edited by blackdevil72; 04-12-2019 at 09:42.
    blackdevil72
    Old 04-14-2019 , 12:50   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #7

Hello every one!

Development of version 1.6.0 is going well and is getting closer to its end.

From today any new feature request will be planned for future versions.

Now has come the time of bug fixing for this version before getting officially out. Therefore I'll appreciate for you guys to test the latest dev build (1.6.0 dev6). At the moment it have only been tested on my server.

For this version a lot have change, most of the localization files are now deprecated and won't be kept. So if you want to see you language appear in this version please do a translation and send it to me.

Also I appreciate and welcome any form of participation in this plugin and/or sourcemod scripting advice.

blackdevil72
    Old 04-23-2019 , 19:54   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.5.1.1 - 2019/04/06)
    Reply With Quote #8

SM Hide and Seek 1.6.0

I am proud to announce the first "big" for the Hide and Seek plugin.

You'll found here what have changed since last version. As a lot of things have changed it is preferable to do a clean install rather than a simple update of the plugin.

Change log:
    • added possibility to have multiple Whistle Sets (see new ConVar list bellow)
    • added new Whistle Sets configuration files, custom set sounds is limited to 7 sounds at the moment
    • added possibility to make terroists automatically whistle and how often they do (see new ConVar list bellow)
    • changed sm_hns_disable_ducking behavior; now this ConVar will prevent ducking this way: 0 = every one can duck / 1 = no one can duck / 2 = only CTs can duck
    • added new admin command (sm_hns_plugin_version) to print in chat and in server the plugin version
    • updated translation files naming and removing of old deprecated translation
    • updated map configuration
    • updated props names and translation, old translation have been removed

New Convars:
    • sm_hns_whistle_set (0 = Default / 1 = Whistle / 2 = Birds / 3 = Custom)
    • sm_hns_whistle_auto (0 = disabled / 1 = enabled)
    • sm_hns_whistle_auto_timer (how often terrorists auto whistle in seconds min: 60 / max: 300)
    If your Hide and Seek config file doesn't have them don't forget to add them to it!

Special thanks to Your-End for his help testing this version.

Thank you for your support!
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip css_hide_and_seek_1.6.0.zip (4.20 MB, 178 views)

Last edited by blackdevil72; 04-23-2019 at 19:55.
    lDarkness
    Old 06-08-2019 , 20:05   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.6.0 - 2019/04/24)
    Reply With Quote #9

blackdevil72 Can you fix the !tp? (when you say !tp and !tp again, your fov change...) and if you can, fix the freeze cam, like !freeze freezes the cam, i saw a guy saying about how to fix it, i guess its just make the prop spawn in the map, in some local off the map, and put it in the skin of t's, i guess these also is gonna fix the bug of the props jumping.
    Thanks for the plugin!

Last edited by lDarkness; 06-08-2019 at 20:09.
    blackdevil72
    Old 06-08-2019 , 20:45   Re: [CS:S] Hide and seek (Version 1.6.0 - 2019/04/24)
    Reply With Quote #10

Hello.

What version are you using?

What is your exact bug with the !tp command?

I'm looking into the freeze command but couldn't found anything at the moment.

The jumping prop is caused by the way the heightfix is done so its nopt really a bug.

I'm currently working on a version 2 of the plugin completely rewritten from scratch with more recent sourcemod scripting in mind. I have a working but very basic playable version right now, it just lack a lot of function for the moment.