Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.1.4, 2018-05-19)

Post New Thread Reply   

nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2017 , 05:16   Re: [ANY+CS:GO] VGUI URL Cache Buster
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
hello what is the advantage of using this over https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2558460
thanks

game is csgo btw
This plugin intercepts the usermessage before it's transmitted to clients, meaning the handling is transparent to plugin developers; they don't have to implement the workarounds themselves (recompiling or making CS:GO-specific versions of plugins).

If there's a new breaking change in how (insert game here) handles MOTD / web panels, it can be patched with this plugin instead of recompiling every broken plugin with a new include.

This plugin, by itself, is not a replacement for Web Shortcuts or variations (it doesn't create any triggers to open web pages on its own), though it makes it easier for someone to write a unified version of Web Shortcuts that is compatible with multiple games.

Last edited by nosoop; 12-30-2017 at 05:18.
Byte
Old 12-30-2017 , 06:51   Re: [ANY+CS:GO] VGUI URL Cache Buster
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
hello what is the advantage of using this over https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2558460
thanks

game is csgo btw
I'll be updating that plugin to use the stocks from this plugin instead very soon as its a better solution.
EDIT: Done
STEAM: /id/invexbyte | Github: Mo Beigi | Discord: Byte#0017
Community: Invex Gaming | My Plugins: Click Me!

Last edited by Byte; 12-30-2017 at 17:40.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2017 , 06:52   Re: [ANY+CS:GO] VGUI URL Cache Buster
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
This plugin intercepts the usermessage before it's transmitted to clients, meaning the handling is transparent to plugin developers; they don't have to implement the workarounds themselves (recompiling or making CS:GO-specific versions of plugins).

If there's a new breaking change in how (insert game here) handles MOTD / web panels, it can be patched with this plugin instead of recompiling every broken plugin with a new include.

This plugin, by itself, is not a replacement for Web Shortcuts or variations (it doesn't create any triggers to open web pages on its own), though it makes it easier for someone to write a unified version of Web Shortcuts that is compatible with multiple games.
So your plugin fix that sometimes the website doesnt show correctly and its compatible with this? I will add it as requeriment in my plugin. Tell me if I need to do some other modifications to my plugin for adapt it to your fix.

EDIT: ok I see that you have a include, so its needed to use?

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 12-30-2017 at 06:58.
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2017 , 08:59   Re: [ANY+CS:GO] VGUI URL Cache Buster
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
So your plugin fix that sometimes the website doesnt show correctly and its compatible with this?
Yes, it fixes both same-domain issues on all games (by forcing the delayed load) and the CS:GO-specific quirk (where the solution is opening the page in a popup window).

The include is only to demonstrate custom popup sizes for CS:GO; you can use ShowMOTDPanel as you would with other games to show your webpage as a popup with a default size (determined through JavaScript as screen.width / screen.height).

For your plugin specifically, I think you'd be able to take out the FixMotdCSGO* functions, and for non-fullscreen webviews, replace ShowMOTDPanel with CSGO_ShowMOTDPanel and set sizing accordingly.
joshtrav
Old 01-01-2018 , 00:56   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #15

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but it would be nice to see a check for the current state when attempting to modify the motd. For example, when players join it is created a second popup window for the default motd defined in the server. It is difficult to click this sometimes, creating issues for a few.

This is in CSGO.

I was thinking possibly a check to validate they are in the player connect phase, not sure though.

nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 04:37   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrav View Post
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but it would be nice to see a check for the current state when attempting to modify the motd. For example, when players join it is created a second popup window for the default motd defined in the server. It is difficult to click this sometimes, creating issues for a few.
Is this a built-in game MOTD or caused by a plugin? Haven't heard of this issue when we were testing CS:GO changes.

You can manually override the behavior for a URL prefix by setting its entry in configs/vgui_cache_buster_urls.cfg to none, which should bypass this plugin's processing step for your MOTD. (Set vgui_workaround_debug_spew to 1 to see the URLs that are being sent to players if you're not sure what it is, and don't include the protocol in the prefix.)

----

I'm testing a new branch of the code that unifies the iframe / popup code into a single HTML page, adds a keyvalue entry that indicates if a page should be displayed as a popup, changes the preinstalled configuration's default handler to delayed load (since iframes are being increasingly blocked), and should make the installation instructions the same for all games including CS:GO.

I've given it a decent amount of testing in TF2, though I could use a few more eyes on it to make sure there aren't any regressions.

A preview release is available here.

Last edited by nosoop; 01-01-2018 at 10:58.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 11:33   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #17

I get a black motd screen in TF2 when used with MOTD backpack (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141963).

Here's what I get when I right-click on the black screen and select 'copy':
https://cdn.rawgit.com/nosoop/SM-VGU...61197968541708

Is there a particular version of TF2 backpack viewer that works with this?
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 11:42   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I get a black motd screen in TF2 when used with MOTD backpack (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141963).
Add the following line to the url configuration:

"www.tf2outpost.com/" "delayed" (or set "*" to "delayed")

Reload the plugin after that.

Looks like TF2Outpost redirects you to Steam's OpenID login, which doesn't load into iframes. Looks like it also doesn't load into the iframe due to mixed active content warnings (not sure if that happens in CEF, though). TF2B works fine.

A future update will change the configuration to use delayed loads by default to avoid the iframe stuff, since it seems to be more trouble than it's worth for most sites.

Last edited by nosoop; 01-01-2018 at 11:53.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2018 , 12:13   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.0.0, 2017-12-30)
Reply With Quote #19

Setting "*" to "delayed" in the configs\vgui_cache_buster_urls.cfg file worked for me. Thanks!
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2018 , 02:46   Re: [ANY] VGUI URL Cache Buster (3.1.2, 2018-01-04)
Reply With Quote #20

3.1.2 has been released, with some streamlining:
  • There is now only one proxy page that handles both popups and iframes. The page determines which one to use by checking if it was invoked with an embedded hash parameter.
    • Popups can now be used on games other than CS:GO (tested in TF2 -- I make no guarantees as to if it works in your game of choice).
  • Reverted back to my hosting from RawGit, as serving the proxy page through their servers means HTTPS, and HTTPS means no HTTP frames can be embedded. If HTTPS-only is not a problem for you, you can set the URL to https://rawgit.com/nosoop/SM-VGUICacheBuster/3.1.2/www/motd_proxy.html
  • Delayed loads are now used by default instead of iframes. It Just Works™ (even if it's a little slower)
  • MOTDs are automatically enabled in CS:GO if they are disabled. Remember to set that up in your configuration.
As usual, make sure the proxy page URL is updated if you want to take advantage of new functionality; leaving it unchanged may make clients load an older copy of the page.

See the release page for more information.

Last edited by nosoop; 01-05-2018 at 03:42.