Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Scavenge Remix

Post New Thread Reply   

pvtschlag
Old 12-18-2009 , 18:33   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
i am unable to add or delete cans. first the commands show as addcan and delcan (not as you say addcans and delcans). i get these errors
I fixed my typo on the command names in the first post. The error you are having looks like you are running a local server or trying to run the commands from rcon/server console. The commands are intended to be ran on the clients of a dedicated server. I have not tested it under any other circumstances.

Quote:
can you implement the ability to change the number of cans that are required to finish and have the plugin spawn more so we can have like 50 can scavenge.
I actually already have an early stage of this working. It was just cut from the initial release so that I could get some feedback from people.

Quote:
Any way this can be slightly modified so it can be enabled for versus too?
I'll look into that. There would appear to be a few issues. Such as the versus mode scavenge only having 13 cans, but I'm sure I can figure out a decent solution.

Quote:
Any chance yo could make a l4d2scav_remix_enabled cvar for toggling it on and off?
You can expect that to be in the next version.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
untalented893
Old 12-18-2009 , 18:53   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #12

Absolutely awesome. This is a fantastic plugin that works flawlessly. Now if only valve would make it so that every server had random placement! Thanks for the mod!
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2009 , 04:45   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #13

I would add some kind of notification that gas cans get scrambled -- I had the (mis?)fortune of randomly joining your server while you were play testing and it completely threw my entire team off.
KnowledgeJunkie
Old 12-19-2009 , 23:13   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #14

Might also be useful to have a cvar to change the flag required to use the commands- great for servers that have elevated non-admins.
triggerman
Old 12-20-2009 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I would add some kind of notification that gas cans get scrambled -- I had the (mis?)fortune of randomly joining your server while you were play testing and it completely threw my entire team off.
make it optional please
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2009 , 05:07   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeJunkie View Post
Might also be useful to have a cvar to change the flag required to use the commands- great for servers that have elevated non-admins.
You can override the commands to use your own permissions anyway (for any plugin).

And why are the commands not prefixed with sm_ ? I think that is the standard.
pAter
Old 12-23-2009 , 15:29   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #17

Commands to add or delete cans do not work...either for admins or others in the edit mode.

"unknown command"

I tried sm_addcans as well as log into rcon and nothing works.
cigs
Old 12-24-2009 , 07:56   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #18

I want to be able to create different 'sets'. Now there's just 1 file with all cans and it randomly selects 16 cans. I want to create 16 new can locations, save as set01. Then make another set; set02 with again 16 new locations.

That'd make it a lot better, imo. Hope you consider it.
Old 12-24-2009 , 08:05   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
And why are the commands not prefixed with sm_ ? I think that is the standard.
When I first wrote the commands there were just so I could easily create cans myself for testing. I never originally intended to make a mode to edit the cans, so I never bothered to change the name of the commands. I'll probably change them with the next update.

Quote:
Commands to add or delete cans do not work...either for admins or others in the edit mode.
In the current version the commands are addcan and delcan, not addcans and delcans.

Quote:
I want to be able to create different 'sets'. Now there's just 1 file with all cans and it randomly selects 16 cans. I want to create 16 new can locations, save as set01. Then make another set; set02 with again 16 new locations.
I really like that idea. Will probably implement it, and add a cvar to choose between using sets or any random cans using the locations from all sets with a check for duplicates.
cigs
Old 12-24-2009 , 08:14   Re: [L4D2] Scavenge Remix
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtschlag View Post
I really like that idea. Will probably implement it, and add a cvar to choose between using sets or any random cans using the locations from all sets with a check for duplicates.
That's an excellent idea. We might even share the 'sets' we all create? Just make them and pm the sets to you so you can add them in the zip we all download. Just a thought.

EDIT: An annoucement at the beginning of a scavenge map would be wise too. As admin I always write an admin message saying "Random can locations. Beware!" If I don't, people always run to a place only to see there are no cans there. It's better they are notified before they run off, because nobody checks if the cans have random locations. Why would they...

Last edited by cigs; 12-26-2009 at 09:27.