Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

red!
Old 12-23-2008 , 17:05   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #401

I don't really get it. You have a plugin that adds an immunity level based on the clan tag? If so, I could add support for replacement of the reserved-flag by a minimum immunity level. That's not a big deal. Or do you want to decide the priviledged user state just by a clan tag in the name? In my personal view that would not really make sense because everybody could use the reserved slots just by misusing the tag.
Snakedog
Old 12-24-2008 , 21:42   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #402

Sorry I was not clear in my post.

I need the function of adding an immunity level to a clan tag. That way they are picked after non clan members, to be kicked by H-Reserved. I already have the tag protected using Beetlesmod so they could not abuse the immunity level.

I have no understanding of source code so please forgive my ignorance.
red!
Old 12-25-2008 , 05:28   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #403

Sounds possible. But most likely I will not find the time to do any coding during the christmas-days.
Snakedog
Old 12-26-2008 , 11:24   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #404

No rush. Please enjoy the holidays.
Spacey
Old 01-01-2009 , 12:35   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #405

Hiyas!

Great PlugIn - s'working nice so far. Another improvement idea:

"Instantly redirection" - Instead of letting players join, select a team and maybe play few seconds before being kicked: Instantly redirect to the given server.

Optional (no idea of doable): Let them connect but NO teamchoice (only spec), NO Chat (voice & txt) - tell them some text about redirecting (maybe the F3 thinggy) and then do it.

Happy new year!

Last edited by Spacey; 01-01-2009 at 12:44.
red!
Old 01-05-2009 , 12:47   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #406

1. instant redirection is blocked by the game engine.
2. it's not easy to manipulate the games behaviour that way not to show the startup screen. maybe I could block the keys to prevent people joining a team, but that's it. and i am not even sure if that is worth the work.
Spacey
Old 01-05-2009 , 13:00   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #407

Hmm... yea I know about the engine itself blocking of the redirection. Dunno which way you go now from coder side - but isn't it possible that you just skip the F3-key-triggering?! Then it'd be what I want

I know about the abusing idea of the feature but too bad that removing it hit the normal users as well as the abusers...
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2009 , 20:03   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #408

Got a question about this.

If I have a 20 man server and I want all 20 slots to be open to the public, but have 2 reserve slots that kick a non-admin spec or highest ping when an admin with reserve access joins, is this possible with this?

I get all confused reading the CVARs and their descriptions.
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2009 , 20:24   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #409

this has never been working for me on my CSS servers so I use normal reserved slots.I also see many ppl can't make it work so most probably this plugin needs to be improved.I understand "advanced" like u have have 32 slots server and i want to have only one reserved slot for admins to enter and that's it.All 32 slots to be available to any players but as soon as Admin join a slot for him to be freed.In my opinion this will be advanced reserved slots,so in this way u have 0 waisted slots.

I don't see this plugin to do this things or I'm wrong ???
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
red!
Old 01-12-2009 , 14:11   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelev81 View Post
this has never been working for me on my CSS servers so I use normal reserved slots.
which gives you absolutely no advantage compared to this one

Quote:
I also see many ppl can't make it work so most probably this plugin needs to be improved.
Aha. I do not know anybody who did not make it work besides of you. But I do know people who needed help on configuration due to minor knowledge on server administration.

Quote:
I understand "advanced" like u have have 32 slots server and i want to have only one reserved slot for admins to enter and that's it.All 32 slots to be available to any players but as soon as Admin join a slot for him to be freed.In my opinion this will be advanced reserved slots,so in this way u have 0 waisted slots.
Emm, there we are with minor knowlegde on server administration. It is not possible to do this by a plugin. There is a native extension that does this by "hacking" the engine functionality, but that not this plugin. This is just a reserved slot plugin working like all other reserved slot addons since the halflife engine evolved in 1998...